Help a shift to seeing correctly

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
yoyo

Help a shift to seeing correctly

Postby yoyo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:59 am

What brings you to Liberation Unleashed?
Im a 66 yr old male who has searched many years and found temporary relief in drugs,alcahol,obssesive compulsive behavior for about 38 eight of those years.giving up all spirituall pursuits after reading jed mckenna trilogy about ten times. Now back in recovery for a few months and cant stop not searching for a way to shift into what i see as that never changing timelessawareness that has been present since i was a little boy.

What are you looking for? What do you expect from this?
A direct pointing to see through all falseness as it presents itself with help as im powerless or so it seems to summon enough disipline to find my way out of illusion by reading books and seem to lose intrest in inquiry after suffering disappears for awhile

What is your background in terms of seeking and inquiry?
Two years of byron katie and the work. Therapy before that for five years eight years of aa and a couple of hundred books all boxed up in garage after reading jed mckenna from 2009 to 2014

How ready are you to question your beliefs about who you are and see the truth no matter what? 8

yoyo

Re: Help a shift to seeing correctly

Postby yoyo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:19 am

[quote="yoyo"]What brings you to Liberation Unleashed?
Im a 66 yr old male who has searched many years and found temporary relief in drugs,alcahol,obssesive compulsive behavior for about 38 eight of those years.giving up all spirituall pursuits after reading jed mckenna trilogy about ten times. Now back in recovery for a few months and cant stop not seeking

What are you looking for? What do you expect from this?
A direct pointing to see through all falseness as it presents itself with help as im powerless or so it seems to summon enough disipline to find my way out of illusion by reading books and seem to lose intrest in inquiry without guidence

What is your background in terms of seeking andTherapy for five years eight years of aa and a couple of hundred books all boxed up in garage after reading jed mckenna from 2009 to 2014 also meditation teachers, eckarte tolle group, byron katie 3 yrs and the school for the work in 2002

How ready are you to question your beliefs about who you are and see the truth no matter what? 9{\quote]

yoyo

Postby yoyo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:23 am

would love a guide and am committed very committed

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:46 pm

Hi Yoyo,

My name is Kay, and I am happy to assist you in exploring the illusion of the separate self. I can only point the way but you have to see it for yourself. That is why we are described as guides and not teachers. If you haven't already read the disclaimer, please read it now. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Also please read “Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/faq/

Please learn to use the quote function. When replying to a question, please use the quote function to highlight the question being answered. Instructions are located in the link below:

http://liberationunleashed.com/nation/v ... ?f=4&t=660

Just let me know if you are okay with me being your guide and that you have read the disclaimer and so on, and we can then start the exploration.

Cheers, Kay
Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.
https://freedomalreadyis.com/

yoyo

Postby yoyo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:04 am

great kay i would love to be guided by you. How to proceed?

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:13 am

Hey Allen!
great kay i would love to be guided by you. How to proceed
Just a few more housekeeping guidelines to note, and then we can move on!

Some housekeeping guidelines:-
1. Post at least once a day or every second day. If you cannot post, or need more time, let me know.

2. Be 100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

3. ANSWER ONLY FROM ACTUAL EXPERIENCE (smell, taste, sound, sensation, colour and observed thoughts). Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process.

4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies, rituals, practices, books/reading and so on for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily and essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.

This exploration is based on questions and exercises. I will ask questions as a means of pointing, but the questions aren’t about finding something unknown. The questions refer to what you already actually know, not through thinking/thoughts (theories) but by LOOKING. What is LOOKING?

‘Looking’ is just plain looking at what is here right now. It is moving from the conceptual down to the actual experience (AE), to reality, to what's happening. It is becoming aware of, and continually noticing sound, taste, smell, thought, sensation and colours/images (aka actual experience AE) to see what is really present and always has been. It’s also noticing thought/s - not thinking, but noticing or being ‘aware’ of thought/s as thoughts layer concepts over these raw experiences. A thought, label or concept is never the actual experience (AE). Some thoughts point to actual experience, and some point to other thoughts aka thought stories.

Could you please answer the 5 following questions:

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?
What would you like to achieve or obtain by this conversation?

Please answer the questions highlighted in blue text individually, and remember to highlight the question being answered by using the quote function.

Cheers, Kay
xx

yoyo

Postby yoyo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:33 am

Hey Allen!
great kay i would love to be guided by you. How to proceed
Just a few more housekeeping guidelines to note, and then we can move on!

Some housekeeping guidelines:-
1. Post at least once a day or every second day. If you cannot post, or need more time, let me know.

2. Be 100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

3. ANSWER ONLY FROM ACTUAL EXPERIENCE (smell, taste, sound, sensation, colour and observed thoughts). Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process.

4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies, rituals, practices, books/reading and so on for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily and essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.

This exploration is based on questions and exercises. I will ask questions as a means of pointing, but the questions aren’t about finding something unknown. The questions refer to what you already actually know, not through thinking/thoughts (theories) but by LOOKING. What is LOOKING?

‘Looking’ is just plain looking at what is here right now. It is moving from the conceptual down to the actual experience (AE), to reality, to what's happening. It is becoming aware of, and continually noticing sound, taste, smell, thought, sensation and colours/images (aka actual experience AE) to see what is really present and always has been. It’s also noticing thought/s - not thinking, but noticing or being ‘aware’ of thought/s as thoughts layer concepts over these raw experiences. A thought, label or concept is never the actual experience (AE). Some thoughts point to actual experience, and some point to other thoughts aka thought stories.

Could you please answer the 5 following questions:

[color=#0000BF i dont know.]How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?
What would you like to achieve or obtain by this conversation?[/color]

Please answer the questions highlighted in blue text individually, and remember to highlight the question being answered by using the quote function.

Cheers, Kay
xx

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:45 am

Hi Allen,

Something went 'haywire' as you have highlighted my entire post and then clicked on the quote button and sent it back to me! To highlight each question individually, you need to do it one at a time. Highlight the first question and click quote button...answer the question and do the same for the next question. :)

Hope this is helpful.

Kay

yoyo

Postby yoyo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:59 am

Hi Allen,

Something went 'haywire' as you have highlighted my entire post and then clicked on the quote button and sent it back to me! To highlight each question individually, you need to do it one at a time. Highlight the first question and click quote button...answer the question and do the same for the next question. :)

Hope this is helpful.

Kay
Hopefully it was done properly:)

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:02 am

Hey Allen,

I haven't received your responses to the 5 questions I asked in my post....the one's I highlighted in blue text.

Kay
xx

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:05 am

Oh and yes....you did the using of the 'quote' function properly that time :)

Kay
xx

yoyo

Postby yoyo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:33 am

Kay
xx
how will life change?i dont know

yoyo

Postby yoyo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:41 am

Kay
xx
how will life change?i dont know
[/quote
how will i change? A shift in perception
what will be different? I don't know
what is missing? Crap i don't know again
last question- help in seeing what needs to be seen

yoyo

Postby yoyo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:56 am

hopefully i' [/
ll get more skilled at using site and i answered the questions promptly just not so they could be seen
quote]

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:22 am

Hi Allen,

If you don't get a hang of how to use the quote function...just number the questions with your responses underneath them so that they are easily seen and read and keeps the post in some order. There are no right or wrong answers and there is certainly no one here judging you on your answers, so just have think on these questions and share your thoughts with me.
how will life change?
i dont know
You may have some ideas on how you think life should change and what those changes look like. Can you share those with me please.
how will i change?
A shift in perception
Yes, a shift in perception happens, although there is no one/no thing that is having a shift or that is thinking! A bit of a paradox :)

what will be different?
I don't know
Again, you must have some idea on how you think you and your life will be different, and have desires on how you would like to be different and how those differences may look? Can you share those with me.

what is missing?
Crap i don't know again
What do you feel is missing from your life, what is missing within yourself and so on? Just share your thoughts with me.
last question-
help in seeing what needs to be seen
Yes, that is what this exploration is about. Are there any other expectations you are wanting from this conversation?

Kay
xx

Return to “ARCHIVES”