the journey

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Scot1234

the journey

Postby Scot1234 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:46 am

What brings you to Liberation Unleashed?:
I have had lots of discussions about LU with friends and I'm intrigued by their responses. I am an active Buddhist within Triratna and would welcome the opportunity to explore the concept of self further.

What are you looking for? What do you expect from this?:

I am looking for enlightenment. Well seriously I'd like to wake up a bit more. I'd really appreciate the opportunity to have regular discussion into liberation which I have studied but haven't fully felt it.

What is your background in terms of seeking and inquiry?:
I am a practicing Buddhist who has asked for ordination.

How ready are you to question your beliefs about who you are and see the truth no matter what?: 10

kvotski

Re: the journey

Postby kvotski » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:38 pm

HI,

I can guide you if you so wish.

But before we proceed please read the front page of this site especially look at what we are NOT. if this is something you are looking for, please let me know.

Scot1234

Postby Scot1234 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:48 pm

yes please i would love to accept you as my guide . X Scot

kvotski

Postby kvotski » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:18 pm

Great

So you must have read that we are Not about enlightenment.

We are simply here to share with you that there is no self.

Lets begin.
You said,
Well seriously I'd like to wake up a bit more. I'd really appreciate the opportunity to have regular discussion into liberation which I have studied but haven't fully felt it.
Can you elaborate a bit more on your expectation? What does waking up mean? And how would you know if it is more than what you already have?

Please, this is not a questioning motive of mine but to point you to a rigorous process. We are often fuzzy in our expectations. Just looking at that may be enlightening itself. So lets do it.

Scot1234

Postby Scot1234 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:40 am

i mean to be more aware of reality, to be clearer, to see through mundane life. Is that clearer ?
Scot

Scot1234

Postby Scot1234 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:42 am

i cant know what it would be like . But i believe when i understand i will understand .

kvotski

Postby kvotski » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:35 pm

Hi Scot,

Yes. I understand.

Now, what do you feel when you hear the words, there is no you?

Take a look at your daily life and share with what is happening by itself and what is being done by you?

In a sit down meditation, closed eyes, point to where you are with a finger. Then see where you were pointing. Do this a few times and share what happens.

Scot1234

Postby Scot1234 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:19 am

This is a question that i have thought about on many occasions and I cant quite accept that because i do experience an ego a me although i do understand that if i break down my component parts there is no ME but on day to day basis i understand that I do exist .

I am involved in the Brighton Buddhist centre and do volunteer work there and also run a film night once a month as well as I am involved in a Going for refuge group. I also volunteer there as receptionist for a short lunchtime period. I am also rather depressed and disappointed by the politics and disharmony of the Buddhist centre and its seeming demise . I choose to remain involved believing there is more I can do to make the buddhist centre work again !

When meditating and pointing at myself ....I point at myself thats it sorry.

kvotski

Postby kvotski » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:18 am

This is a question that i have thought about on many occasions and I cant quite accept that because i do experience an ego a me although i do understand that if i break down my component parts there is no ME but on day to day basis i understand that I do exist .

I am involved in the Brighton Buddhist centre and do volunteer work there and also run a film night once a month as well as I am involved in a Going for refuge group. I also volunteer there as receptionist for a short lunchtime period. I am also rather depressed and disappointed by the politics and disharmony of the Buddhist centre and its seeming demise . I choose to remain involved believing there is more I can do to make the buddhist centre work again !

When meditating and pointing at myself ....I point at myself thats it sorry.
Hi Scot,

I presume, you are pointing to your body.

What part of the body?

And does that change from time to time?

Are you your body?

Are you still there when the body is unconscious or n deep sleep?

What do you mean by existing on a day to day basis?

Please give me as much detail s you can, like breathing, eating, sleeping dreaming?

What do you mean by exostence?

We will talk about your activities next and look at whether those actions are your doing or are you being carried in a flow of life.

kvotski

Postby kvotski » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:43 pm

Hello Scot,

Are you still doing this? Havent heard from you in more than aweek. If we dont communicate daily, this process is useless. Intensity is how it works.

Scot1234

Postby Scot1234 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:59 pm

sorry i am still here . I will post again this evening . I appreciate your help and will attempt to write daily .

Scot

Scot1234

Postby Scot1234 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:05 pm

i have found that I point to my torso and occasionally just past but I am probably to concious to do anything else !

When I am deeply asleep I couldnt be aware of me !

I am aware of me when dreaming but that is not a deep sleep.

kvotski

Postby kvotski » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:18 pm

i have found that I point to my torso and occasionally just past but I am probably to concious to do anything else !

When I am deeply asleep I couldnt be aware of me !

I am aware of me when dreaming but that is not a deep sleep.
If you point at the torso as being you, does it mean there is no you in your head or in your eyes or in your feet?

When you are deeply asleep, are you still there even though you are not aware?

What are you aware of when you are dreaming?

Is that you?

You missed a couple of important questions.

Are you the body?

What is breathing, eating or thinking?

Scot1234

Postby Scot1234 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:31 pm

well i think I point at the torso because thats the larget part of my body and I guess technically I exist in my Brain and not the body at all . So no I am not the body !

Do i exist in my eyes...my eyes are the lens but my brain interprets there signal yet The eyes are a window on to the soul .

When I am dreaming I may be unawarwe of me but it can also feature me in a particular role which I can be aware of myself as a player or as a witness . I hope this makes sense.

Breathing eating and thinking are processes controlled by the brain .

kvotski

Postby kvotski » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:54 pm

well i think I point at the torso because thats the larget part of my body and I guess technically I exist in my Brain and not the body at all . So no I am not the body !

Do i exist in my eyes...my eyes are the lens but my brain interprets there signal yet The eyes are a window on to the soul .

When I am dreaming I may be unawarwe of me but it can also feature me in a particular role which I can be aware of myself as a player or as a witness . I hope this makes sense.

Breathing eating and thinking are processes controlled by the brain .
Hi Scot,

Remember we are doing this based on direct experience not assumptions or hearsay.

So how do you know that the eyes are window on to the soul?

Can you directly experience the brain or is that something based on studies and reports?

The player in the dream, is he a separate person?

How is that dream character different from you?

Can you stop breathing or eating for a few days?

Can you stop thinking?

Are you the controller?

Return to “ARCHIVES”