Interested in the Aftercare Section and in Learning to Guide

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Unveiling

Interested in the Aftercare Section and in Learning to Guide

Postby Unveiling » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:18 am

What brings you to Liberation Unleashed?:
I experienced a spontaneous awakening in 2014 and have been in the process of dropping conditioning and clearing doubt since.

The direct method of inquiry used here seems very effective for those 'who have ears to hear.' Also, I hold a great appreciation that it is offered by community and at no charge. The movement that's being expressed here feels fresh and new and so in alignment with genuine flow.

btw - this form wouldn't let me submit without checking the 'request a guide' box

What are you looking for? What do you expect from this?:
There's a tremendous aliveness and presence that is experienced when I meet with people who genuinely want to know the truth of their own being. I've been learning different methods to guide people through to this understanding and am here (mostly) to learn. I'm also interested in being a part of the 'aftercare' group to engage with the community. I live in a remote area and so am just wanting to connect with other "truth lovers." The more ordinary I can make this, the better, in my opinion! There seems to be an epidemic of awakening happening and I feel compelled to assist however that shows up. This desire comes from a placeless place within that is okay with whatever arises.

What is your background in terms of seeking and inquiry?:
(Please forgive the length .... I'm not 20!)
1981 left college in search of a 'whole truth' (I had a very good philosophy 101 instructor!)

From then seeking came in waves of two years intense, two years not so intense then ...

1992 Full spontaneous kundalini rising then subsiding. It took me years to understand what had happened. During the next several years I dipped into psychic development, A Course in Miracles, meditation, channeling and finally the ascension movement founds its way into my awareness and grabbed me bigtime.

1996 The kundalini began to manifest again, first with a dramatic heart opening that resulted in a full on life shift into authenticity - divorce, name change, move cross country.

2007 Called on Mata Amritanandamayi Devi (Amma - a friend's guru) in prayer to calm the kundalini that had become unbearable and frightening. Immediate relief. I considered her my guru for the next seven years and followed a bhakti path until ...

(pasted from my unpublished blog)
On the morning of July 2, 2014, in a moment of spontaneous inquiry, all that I had taken myself to be shattered in an instant of seeing. Then .... Simply, stillness. ‘I’ wasn’t ‘in’ stillness. It’s just that that’s all there was. Stillness. For an eternal moment. Then there was laughing. Then there was moving out of bed. Then there was staring out the window. Then thinking. "This is IT. Its been right here all along. This. Is. It. There's no place to go, nothing to do, no future magical state to be had. How silly was that thinking! This is It. This simple alive reality.” Two other things were also completely and irrevocably understood: “Everything is profoundly and eternally Okay” and “Now I get to start.” Everything was different yet it was all the same. And, I could relax. Yes.

This particular morning had been proceeded by a full year of effortless daily at-dawn practice of chanting, sungazing and meditation that had just 'turned off' days before. I had also re-read Tolle's 'Power of Now' a week before and had viewed my first non-duality dialogue and inquiry the night before on youtube. It certainly felt like a setup. :)

Now just living reality as it is and welcoming and seeing through conditioning as it shows up.

How ready are you to question your beliefs about who you are and see the truth no matter what? On a scale from one to ten (ten being most ready). : 11
Amara ...
Living the Lucid Dream

Freddi

Re: Interested in the Aftercare Section and in Learning to G

Postby Freddi » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:02 am

Hi Unveiling

I am Fred, welcome to LU!
It's lovely to read that you would like to help, guide, participate in Aftercare etc.
Would you mind if we had a little chat on here first?
Warm wishes,
Fred
"To come to your senses you have to go out of your mind" - Alan Watts

Unveiling

Postby Unveiling » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:19 am

Not at all ... let's go :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Amara ...
Living the Lucid Dream

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:24 am

Hey Unveiling (what would you like me to call you?)

Great!

Sooooo, is there a 'you', at all, in any way, shape or form, anywhere to be found?

What happens when the conditioning (as it shows up) is seen through? Can you give a couple of examples of how this seeing through unfolds?

Thanks!

Fred

Unveiling

Postby Unveiling » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:44 am

Hi Fred, my name is Amara

Nope, I have found that there is no separate entity 'Amara' that exists in actuality. Using a name or 'I' or 'me' is for convenience and practicality only.

As for conditioning, the usual "tell" is emotionality. I notice, watch, welcome the feeling without getting too wrapped up in the story (best case!) And just let it be. After the feeling passes, if it isn't apparent that it was fully resolved, I might look into what belief or desire or repulsion is being held, then look for 'who' is holding it. That shining of the light of consciousness on the constriction and the false self does it. It's been quite a while since I've been so caught up that I wasn't just observing upset as it was happening. I can't even imagine how that could happen now!

Writing this on my phone so hope it's clear!
Amara ...
Living the Lucid Dream

Unveiling

Postby Unveiling » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:52 am

Impatience and not being present with my special needs adult daughter is another tell. If it's happening, if something is showing up, it's worthy of my full attention. So I have to ask myself, who is it that doesn't want to be fully here now and then just notice the feelings that arise and welcome them.
Amara ...
Living the Lucid Dream

Unveiling

Postby Unveiling » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:06 am

A process called radical release that's done with a partner is something I've done quite a bit (one a day for 90 days average) where beliefs were brought forward with a feeling attached and witnessed/welcomed from the light of awareness. It's a bit contrived but I experienced quite a bit of movement using this process. More effective to just welcome constriction in the moment though.
Amara ...
Living the Lucid Dream

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:12 am

Hi Amara
That shining of the light of consciousness on the constriction and the false self does it.
Is there a false self and a real self?
So I have to ask myself, who is it that doesn't want to be fully here now and then just notice the feelings that arise and welcome them.
Can 'you' not be in the here and now?
Is 'being fully here and now' a choice we have?

Thanks!

Fred

Unveiling

Postby Unveiling » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:42 am

Also, to be more clear on the question of a separate self ... even for quite a while before the awakening there was a strong sense of every movement, every breath being that of the totality. 'No doer' has been brought home several times since, due to samadhis, where there was no will to move yet a wanting to move was appearing in thought and there was an identification with those thoughts. But thought has no volition of its own so no movement - for hours! It was quite upsetting the first couple of times but that seperate self was put down like a dog! What a blessing! Now just being with what is and seeing thought for what it is ... passing smoke belonging to no one. Thanks for listening ... this is fun! Think I'm done now :)
Amara ...
Living the Lucid Dream

Unveiling

Postby Unveiling » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:00 am

Okay one more thing ... a fervent release of conditioning seems to be being replaced by a simple and quiet practice of discrimination ... seeing false as false, seeing through what isn't true and taking a stand in what Is. Okay, now maybe I'm done.
Amara ...
Living the Lucid Dream

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:08 am

Thanks Amara,
a fervent release of conditioning seems to be being replaced by a simple and quiet practice of discrimination ... seeing false as false, seeing through what isn't true and taking a stand in what Is.
Great! :-)

I look forward to your answers to my questions.

Thank you,

Fred

Unveiling

Postby Unveiling » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:21 pm

Hahaha ... I didnt see your posts as I was writing away! Phone app ...

Okay ..... Is there a false self and a real self?

In actuality, no. 'False self' was used here to point to the idea of a seperate self that is believed to be true temporarily when conditioning arises and identification happens -- sometimes only seconds. But no, a false self never actually exists. Only one thing happening here. Consciousness -- indivisible consciousness creating the illusion of separation.

Is being here and now a choice?

No.

Can I not be in the here and now?

No. Here and now is all there is in actuality. There can be a resistance in experiencing the present moment due to body/mind conditioning, a noticing of resistance, a noticing of the feeling behind the resistance, and a welcoming of that feeling which is all happening here and now.

Nice catches! This is stimulating! Is this what the training is like? Still working on the languaging of all of this so I'm truthful without sounding awkward and stilted. Thanks ...
Amara ...
Living the Lucid Dream

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:29 pm

That's great, Amara, plenty of clarity there :-)

Soooo, what do choices and decisions look like these days? Do 'you' decide anything?
Can you describe (as you see them unfolding) a couple of everyday decisions.
In your own words, no spiritual jargon here :-)

What about responsibility in all this?
And how do things work, without anyone at the helm?

Thanks!

Fred

Unveiling

Postby Unveiling » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:39 pm

Funny you should ask, Fred ... just yesterday there was a bit of upset and overwhelm over feeling responsibility to this rather "cumbersome life created in ignorance" while feeling a yearning to move toward the simpler yet freer version of life that's envisioned. Well, since ANY amount of overwhelm is also a signal the mind is being believed over What Is, I stopped, welcomed the feelings, turned toward silence, and just rested there. Shortly, the knowing that the only thing ever to be 'done' is the next obvious thing (which we both know is already being done by the time thought says we've chosen it) and the Totality has whatever is going to happen wrapped. Meaning whatever is unfolding in this moment is in perfect order, nothing missing, in my experience and understanding, so why would any.potential future moments be any other way?

This little episode snuck up on me, but the thoughts had been bouncing around virtually unchecked for a while (lesson learned there). It lasted all but a few minutes before seeing through to truth but yes, there was identifying with wanting 'my' life to go a certain way in a future that doesn't exist. Seems even silly now that I write it out. Everything's taken care of ... relax and enjoy the ride ... like bein on a luxury train in the 40's!

As far as decisions. There's only knowing, really. I mean, I can go through the motions of "making decisions" using the mind, (I'm a business owner and from the outside it could look as if I'm making a hundred decisions a day) however I've been noticing how decisions as such just don't happen anymore, it's just that the next obvious thing is apparent. Just the last couple of days I'm noticing gratitude arising because of this. My husband has to be included in this process because he's my partner but we always just seem to move from knowing. And, if it isn't apparent and obvious either it's apparent that no movement really needs to happen (so just isn't) or sometimes there's a dropping into silence to see what wisdom arises.

Responsibility is as responsibility does! (You don't count paraphrasing Forest Gump as spiritual jargon, I hope) ... you're talking to a former responsibility junkie! Boy what a difference here. Again, the appropriate doing just happens, like it has always happened, but without anything else added on to weigh it down like making it MINE. :)
Amara ...
Living the Lucid Dream

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Thanks again, Amara,
I've been noticing how decisions as such just don't happen anymore
Did they ever? Was there a time when you made decisions and now you don't?
we always just seem to move from knowing
Not sure I understand you here. What do you mean by 'knowing'? What does a 'decision' look like in direct experience? When all the interpretation is peeled back, what's left of decisions?

Thanks!

Fred

Return to “ARCHIVES”