Once and for all.

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Joshua

Once and for all.

Postby Joshua » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Please introduce yourself here: I am called Joshua, and there is a lot to that "story"....I live in Michigan in the USA. And 31 years old and so on..
-What brings you to Liberation Unleashed?I was introduced to this by a good friend David Greenman, after an intense two years of seeking, and experiencing and learning/looking and seeing....
-What is your background in terms of seeking and inquiry?How far back? I was always questioning and thinking as far back as I recall.. Big into christianity, native american spirituality, new agey stuff, ect ect. But in the past two years, being introduced to this by David, and going through a process first I was greatly fearful, angry, scared, dumbfounded and confused..and completely disillusioned. Trying to understand this thing called existence or whatever and being told over and over there is no me, no I, no one with a story, nothing happening ect. Trying to grasp it, listening to Tony Parsons, Sailor Bob and many others. Except no one grasps it, no one knows it ect. And moments of clarity or pure experience if I can call them that, seeing, experiencing, laughing and crying. I just want the truth, and sometimes I cringe as I write or speak when it doesn't feel true.David took me through all the LU videos and many others before that, and we had many conversations. He started this with me, because I asked for truth.. and I didn't understand at the time what was involved in all this.. but he stuck with it, even with my slowness, and I burned to know, and in the beginning I was so physically exhausted from mental effort.
-What do you expect of the conversation on this forum?Just the truth reflected. Just to see beyond the fog or conditioning. Just some assistance in seeing and looking and being done with this seeking thing. Perhaps relieve some suffering, and have that shift in perspective if It hasn't already happened. I think I get that I or me is just a story, but there still seems to be something more here. I see that this work requires 100% honesty and that's what I'm here to do.

Ilona
Site Admin

Re: Once and for all.

Postby Ilona » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:41 am

Hi Joshua.
Lovely to meet you and welcome to LU.
I can assist you on your journey to find clarity. All I ask is complete honesty. I'd advise to stop reading anything and everything about the subject and write to me purely from what you feel true. Please posy at least once a day, even if I don't answer. It's your process.

To start, I ask you to define, what is the I, how it is experienced.
When you say I, what does this word point to?

Kind regards
Ilona
Truth realized will set you free.
http://ilonaciunaite.com

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:54 pm

(To start, I ask you to define, what is the I, how it is experienced.
When you say I, what does this word point to?)

Well, when I'm thinking it starts with I a lot. I am hurting or I am happy or I am walking. I feel sad, or I walk or I push my wheelchair.

So I points to someone who is doing, or feeling..

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:10 pm

There feels a block somewhere, like something is not being seen.
Maybe its the direct experiencing of it I'm looking for?. It's been said that's always happening, so perhaps there's this assumption something should be different.. There are moments I felt this has already been seen. Guess I must be looking for something special..

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:13 am

good point. we are not looking here for something special, for some experience or blissful state. we are looking at what is. you say, that i is the experiencer, doer and feeler. here now, right this moment, can you find the I? what is it doing? where is it? how it this I experienced? how do you KNOW that there is I? what would be lost if there really is no I, none as in ZERO?

write what feels true.

sending love

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:47 pm

Thank you Ilona.
When looking . emotions in the chest/solar plexus. Thoughts like electricity running through the brain. hearts beating. lungs breathing. everything is like a web. The chest is where the emotions are felt. The head is where the thoughts come and go. I is a word.. I is a thought. I is a label.. personal stories start with I.. so if there is no I everything keeps going the same, I just isn't applied to it? I is not a thing?. If you took a marker and wrote an I on my body, that's all it is, a mark? I brain. I heart. I solar plexus.. so just a label :) . So an I as a separate person is not there, or doing anything, its just a letter/word/label used in relationship to whatever is happening, or to tell stories..

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:03 pm

Nice, yes, i is a label used in stories. and it appears that there must be an i doing all these things, breathing, thinking, feeling. language says there is. but let's have a closer look at language itself and how it works.

here is an exercise for you. http://markedeternal.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/labels.html do it here or on paper and tell me, does the way we describe affect what is happening? if so, how? in which way?

sending love.

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:23 pm

I am feeling a burning pain in my butt and left leg while I type. I notice my breathing slow down or nearly stop so i have to sit up and take a deep breath. I am typing and I feel an ache in my left arm from resting on my elbow. I feel the concentration tightness on my face. I keep yawning. I am thinking of what to write. I'm watching my pencil pound the letters on the keyboard. I see junk all over my desk. I see sunshine out the window. I hear music. I her birds outside. I just scratched an itch on my nose. I just thought, all this writing is good for me.
I'm getting hungry. I feel heavy, like a sack of potatoes.

Big yawn. Deep breath. watering eyes. looking at the keyboard. feeling the pencil. tingle in arm. tightness in bicep. burning in leg. hearing music. hearing birds. seeing letters. seeing letters appear on the computer screen. sniff. rubbing nose. yawn. seeing a desk. thoughts about things seen. seeing books. Shaking arms. Stretching back. Typing about it after. Thoughts about typing as typing happens. This is funny. Smiling. Giggling. Amused chuckling. Achy chest. Deep breath. Achy arm. Arm Slapping leg. Deep breath. music vibrations felt in the ears. Hearing chair creaking. Typing about chair creaking after it stops. Hearing loud bird out the window. .

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:47 am

Arrgh. Your last question may take me a bit .

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:04 pm

don't think too long! just watch how describing affects the described and describe that :)

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:24 pm

Well when describing an object or thing, or person, just about everything gets a label. That is a black cat. I am skinny. The house is yellow. That is an oak tree.

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:27 pm

So judgments, assumptions, beliefs, can result from describing or trying to describe.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:02 pm

focus, joshua.
does the way we describe affect what is happening? if so, how? in which way?

Joshua

Postby Joshua » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:10 pm

What happens keeps happening, with or without description... and describing happens. Maybe it doesn't affect what is happening at all. ?

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Maybe? That's what I'm asking you to clarify.
write what you see, not what you think.

Return to “ARCHIVES”