Gateless Gate already passed? I need confirmation :)

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
aenas

Gateless Gate already passed? I need confirmation :)

Postby aenas » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:32 pm

Hello everybody!

my name is Georg and I already like to get in touch with one of you and find out where I am on this path.

I see that the ego does not exist. It's just a creation by the brain. There is no such thing. There is no free will either. Everything is just happening. Thoughts are created automatically, cannot be controlled. They just come and go and the task to let them pass without identifying with them!

I am not sure where I am at this point. Or what I need to do next. I am certainly not finished yet.

Maybe somebody can help me!

That would be much appreciated :)

So, who is looking for creating some good Karma by helping me?

Best, Georg :)

Josephkoudelka

Re: Gateless Gate already passed? I need confirmation :)

Postby Josephkoudelka » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi Georg.

I'd be happy to help you. I noticed that you also have a post on the Deutsche forum. Which would you prefer?

Thanks

Joseph ♥︎

aenas

Postby aenas » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Thank you!!!
no preference for Language. As you like!

Josephkoudelka

Postby Josephkoudelka » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Have you reviewed any of the cases presented in "http://liberationunleashed.com/PDF/Gate ... ashers.pdf" ebook? Do you feel that the understanding you currently have is in alignment with the material presented there?

Josephkoudelka

Postby Josephkoudelka » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:54 pm

Let's cut to the chase Georg.

When the “I” has been seen through, fully and completely, what's left?

Joseph ♥︎

aenas

Postby aenas » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:24 pm

I took a look at the ebook. Have not read it through yet.

"When the “I” has been seen through, fully and completely, what's left?"

What is left? Life is left. A body is left. A mind is left. Thoughts are there. Feelings. Desire. Everything is still there.

Everything is still there as it was before. However, the need for identifying with all of it is gone. Thoughts still arise but no need to believe them. Desires still arise but no need to become crazy about them. People still behave not nicely but they cannot do differently. Everything just happens. People are controlled by fears and me too but the difference now is I see the fear. I see the fear of what happens if I don't achieve X. I see the fear of being a useless person. I can see all of it. I see the pressure created by society, the omnipresent fear which all holds together.

Is the I gone? Is the idea of Georg gone? I don't know. Maybe yes.
Honestly, I laugh because it makes so much sense that the idea of an ego never existed in the first place. A creation. A hilarious creation which is the cause of so much suffering. How can an ego exist anyways? We are all just made of the same material...

Josephkoudelka

Postby Josephkoudelka » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:04 pm

However, the need for identifying with all of it is gone.
Who feels the need or lack of need to identify? Is there a physical self at all?

aenas

Postby aenas » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:43 pm

It is the fear which requires an identification. The fear of being useless wants to be something. It wants an identification to feel great and worthy of being.
Love on the other hand is totally fine with what is. No requirement for anything, everything is perfect as it is.

"Is there a physical self at all?"
I have problems understanding "physical self". Can you rephrase it?
Maybe you mean this:
If somebody insults this body of Georg it automatically defends itself. But what is it defending? It defends the idea of the ego. So, the ego is afraid of being offended. It fears the idea of becoming small and unworthy. But on the whole, nothing changes even if the ego is offended. Well, there is a tight feeling in the chest once the ego is offended. But on the other hand it feels good to accept, to give in. It is much more liberating to accept then to work against "what is".
So, yes, maybe the physical self still exists. It still silently defends itself even though on the surface I give in, I accept what is.

Josephkoudelka

Postby Josephkoudelka » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:20 pm

Ok. We will revisit couple of the topics you have mentioned in your last post, but first, let's get the preliminaries out of the way. I have a few things I would like you to review and confirm you have seen, as well as acknowledge that you are in agreement. Take your time and respond when you have completed.

http://www.liberationunleashed.com/

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

http://youtu.be/wyNwhK2Ur1c

Guidelines for guiding process:

1. You agree to post at least once a day.

2. In general, the guide will ask the questions for you to respond to

3. Responses require your utmost honesty

4. Responses are best from direct experience (felt senses and observed thoughts). Long-
winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress.

5. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies and such for the remainder of this investigation.
Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily and
essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.

6. Please learn to use the quote function; instructions are located in the link below this line:

http://liberationunleashed.com/nation/v ... ?f=4&t=660

Additionally, there is a 'Subscribe to topic' button in bottom left corner of page on the purple bar, right next to 'Board Index' button. If you click it, you will be subscribed to this thread and will receive an email every time I post a response.

Thank you.

Joseph ♥︎

aenas

Postby aenas » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Yes, I confirm and agree with requirements!

Thank you for your time, Joseph!!

best, Georg

Josephkoudelka

Postby Josephkoudelka » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:36 pm

It still silently defends itself even though on the surface I give in, I accept what is.
without a self, what is there to defend?

Is there a you thinking these thoughts?

aenas

Postby aenas » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:46 pm

without a self, what is there to defend?
Nothing is there to defend. If I am in a situation of stress, seeking, or whatever I ask myself "who is it who feels stress?" and then the thought of being stressed or whatever dissappears.
Is there a you thinking these thoughts?
There is nobody experiencing the thoughts. Thoughts just appear. And with the appearing of the thoughts the illusion of the ego appears and makes it seem that this is reality. Shortly after the thought arises and with it the illusion of the ego the thought disappears immediately because there is no need to follow the thought.

However somehow I feel that it is necessary to distinguish between thoughts and thinking.
Thoughts happen automatically and build upon older thoughts and so forth. Thinking however is an active part. I think about how to paint my room. I think about whether I got your question right etc.
Is this right? Is the active part of thinking different from the passive reception of thoughts?

Thank you so much :)

Josephkoudelka

Postby Josephkoudelka » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:42 pm

However somehow I feel that it is necessary to distinguish between thoughts and thinking.
The next time you are thinking about something to do, pause, and explore being mindfully aware of the thinking process. Do the thoughts that belong to the process called thinking arise out of nowhere? Do they disappear back into nothing? Is the process called thinking only another thought?

aenas

Postby aenas » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:05 pm

I see it. It's all the same. Thinking is just another thought!!

Josephkoudelka

Postby Josephkoudelka » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:25 pm

I see it. It's all the same. Thinking is just another thought!!
There seems to be an intelligence in and throughout every experience, and it seems to be very present in the thought process. But just like a separate self, this intelligence or intellect, is unfindable as a concrete material object of experience.

Can you find a discrete, separate self? One that is findable as an material object, one that does not come and go, always present?

Return to “ARCHIVES”