ready to burn

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
I am

ready to burn

Postby I am » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:24 am

My guide has not been available for 3 days ( on overload} and I am burning...need someone to talk to ...please help

cosmiK

Re: ready to burn

Postby cosmiK » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:52 pm

who were you working with I am ?

I am

Postby I am » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:05 pm

I worked with Mag and stopped working 2 weeks ago.I want to continue with new guide

cosmiK

Postby cosmiK » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:08 pm

It seems like there was some difficulty. I am confirming the situation, but can you tell me, plainly and simply, why there was no success with mag? No long winded explanations please, just your visceral feeling about WHY there was no success. Thanks.

I am

Postby I am » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Ok I will give simple explanation.....when I was very open and on the edge of breaking through with strong sense of everything being unreal,everything was crumbling and "I" was collapsing Mag told me to stop working and "pull myself together" which was not helpful at all.

cosmiK

Postby cosmiK » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:34 pm

Okay I am,

Can I get your first name? if you are not comfortable, no problem, but it will help, because the <name> is another aspect of the 'self', and I can use that to our advantage.

Firstly, I am not sure I can help you because you seem to think that others are to blame. If that is your attitude, you will not Awaken. I can guarantee that to you already.

Secondly, It seems as if you were making this process difficult. It's NOT. From someone who squirmed and made this process difficult, I know. Accept that this is really simple, and I will show you how simple. The rest, is up to YOU. Noone can do this for you, and if you make it difficult, well then, that will be your experience.

~~~~ FIRSTLY -----

There are a few ground rules, please respond to confirm:

1. You agree to post at least every day.
2. I will post questions, and you will answer them.
3. When you answer you answer 110% honestly,
4. and when you do answer, you try to answer from your direct experience (felt senses and observed thoughts). Long winded analytical and philosophical answers are not needed and may even hinder progress.
5. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies and such for the remainder of this journey. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily and essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.
6. Please learn to use the quote function.

I am

Postby I am » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:52 pm

if blaming others is what gets in the way I will look at it and drop it....
Not sure what else was a stumbling block in my process......I have been working with Apps on my own and have understanding of the illusion of self but also know understanding is not enough
I am willing to answer questions honestly,from experience
not able to master quotes yet...
Jan

cosmiK

Postby cosmiK » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:54 pm

Hi Jan,

Good. Drop it, and when it comes up again, Drop it again.

Please refer to the link below on help using quotes. Very easy:
http://liberationunleashed.com/nation/v ... ?f=4&t=660
It will make things nice and tidy for both of us.

So...

We are going to investigate your experience, and use this investigation as a way of arriving at Truth. It will be simple raw direct observing from you. But before that can begin...

Let's start with the first important Question.

- What are your expectations for Awakening? For seeing in to no-self? What do you think it will give do for you/change your life?

Let's get this started shall we.

I am

Postby I am » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19 pm

thanks....will answer your question ( will work on mastering quotes later)
what are my expectations
To be in the flow of life instead of being the controller,to see self as thought created entity,not real thing
to experience the spaciousness instead the constricted "I"
There were moments of seeing through the illusion here and there so experiential knowing is present
Jan

cosmiK

Postby cosmiK » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Okay Jan,

Thanks for using the quote function. Please use it when responding to questions to organize the responses.

AS you may have been told previously, Expectations are attachments to an imagined future or self. It will NOT serve you AT ALL. Just like blaming, when expectations and images of what enlightenment or awakening or 4th dimensional light beings come up, realize it is just an expectation, just a thought, and Drop It. If it arises again, gently drop it again.
There were moments of seeing through the illusion here and there so experiential knowing is present
These are memories, and are just thoughts. Drop them too.

So Jan... let's Really begin this Investigation,

What comes up when you read and digest this statement?
What is your response?
&
What do you FEEL?

* There is no YOU. There is no NAME. There never was, and there never will be *

Tell me.

cosmiK

Postby cosmiK » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:31 pm

Jan... if you can put ALL your focus on this, then do it please. This can happen quicker than you THINK. Much Much quicker. Don't worry about the App or Quotes or Satsangs or Videos. Let's investigate this together, from your Direct Experience. If you are Honest, and you want Awakening more than anything. Then it will be yours.

I am

Postby I am » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:21 pm

There is no YOU
This one my mind argues with....sadness comes up looking at the past history of "ME" and seeing "my" life as illusion
There is no name
name has no meaning,I had changed my name many times
tHERE NEVER WAS AND there never will be
there is someone still hanging on to the idea of "me"
the need to validate experience as "mine" otherwise life will has no meaning.Fear comes up at the thought of my life dissapearing...its death,fear of death
My mind is dancing around it trying to argue with this statement

cosmiK

Postby cosmiK » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:52 pm

Janna, Good.
This one my mind argues with....sadness comes up looking at the past history of "ME" and seeing "my" life as illusion
Okay, so there are some THOUGHTS. and there is a feeling of Sadness.
there is someone still hanging on to the idea of "me"
the need to validate experience as "mine" otherwise life will has no meaning.Fear comes up at the thought of my life dissapearing...its death,fear of death
My mind is dancing around it trying to argue with this statement
Okay, so again, there are some THOUGHTS. and there is a feeling of Fear.

Janna... first of all, Sadness arises when we perceive that something we thought to be permanent, real, or 'ours' slips out of our grasp.

and Janna, second, Fear arises as a protective mechanism. If you were being chased by a thief in a street, I would say, run, let that fear carry you and run. In this case, you must learn that one key aspect of Awakening, is having the courage to face Fear, and at the same time Honestly and Sincerely question it. Thank the fear and bless it... it is only doing it's job. Feel it fully, without getting in to stories. Look right at Fear, and ask if there is anything to protect? is there anything behind this fear?

You seem to take this 'mind' and THOUGHTS very seriously. I understand. It is especially easy to take seriously when there are a constant barrage of THOUGHTS and Feelings such as Fear and Sadness. Yet. You MUST ask yourself, do you want Awakening? or do you want to just get rid of fear and feel better? are you looking for a quick fix? Or do you want the Truth? Ask yourself this, and then get back to me.

I am here Janna, to help you deal with fear if you want to overcome it, but you have to want to. You can choose to be caught up in Drama, or you can choose to find out the Truth.

So... how do yo want to proceed?

Shall we spend more time dealing with Fear?
or
Shall we investigate our direct Experience to arrive at the Truth?
(there is no judgement here. You decide what is best for you. I am fine with whatever direct you take, just be sure it is the Right one for you).

I am

Postby I am » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:11 pm

I like this very direct way...thanks
I don't want to deal with fear ......able to face it and be done
Lets go for direct experience and Truth

cosmiK

Postby cosmiK » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Janna,

The Truth is Direct, and it is Very Simple. In fact, this very sentence complicates it.
I don't want to deal with fear ......able to face it and be done
Be Mindful. Fear, like other emotions, may continue to arise in us, after we Awaken to no-self, however, it does not have the same effect.

You say you don't want to deal with Fear, and I take it to mean you chose not to work on it for now with me, but I also presume you understand that Fear MAY and PROBABLY WILL arise again? If it does Janna, remember, it is a feeling. FEEL it fully, and ask what it is protecting, what is behind it?

I can tell you are close Janna, but again, this is ALL up to you.

-----

So... I am going to give you a model, a system, for investigating your Experience, your Reality. As we are both experiencing from a human perspective, we share certain similarities of Experience. We both can say that Honey is Sweet, that boiling water Burns, and that there is a Sun and a Moon, right? So... I will give you a system to conceptualize Experience, that we can both agree upon, and both investigate and test together.

So, let us cover the way in which we Experience the 'world' and 'ourselves':

seeing
feeling (tactile + kinesthetic)
hearing
tasting
smelling
&
thinking (thoughts, images)

basically, 6 sense streams, or 5senses + 1mind.
also called perception

We will call all of this, Experience.

So there is Experience, and Thoughts about it, which is also Experience. There is only Experience.

Now Janna... go for a walk, sit, run, fly to the moon, play with a dog, sing a song, listen to music, and test this out please. Can you confirm that we Experience through these 6 sense streams?

Once we can confirm this, we can proceed with our investigation, but we first need to test if the tools we are using accurately reflect our Experience, and is something we can both reflect on.

TEST it, then CONFIRM with me.

Return to “ARCHIVES”