Guide Available, Metta here.

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Metta777

Guide Available, Metta here.

Postby Metta777 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:48 am

Guide available for one on one.
"This too shall pass"

Tara

Re: Guide Available, Metta here.

Postby Tara » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Hi there, my name is Tara and i guess im here to wake up... Where do we start? :-)

Metta777

Postby Metta777 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:08 am

Hi Tara, Nice to see you. We can start right now. Only two things, 1. Commit to communicating with me on a reg basis, preferably once a day. 2. Keep an open mind and try to lay any preconceptions aside if you can. It is a process and there is no time limit, it takes as long as it takes. So, if you agree, the first question is... Are you your thoughts?
"This too shall pass"

Metta777

Postby Metta777 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:18 am

Also if you are committed to doing this, tell me a little about yourself. Warmly, Metta
"This too shall pass"

Tara

Postby Tara » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi Metta,

Thank you for accepting this conversation. :)

I have internet access at work every lunch time so communicating regularly will not be problem, so yes i agree.

About Tara.... I work for a magazine company in the accounting depatment. I live on my own and have a very open mind to everything. I haven't really looked into or follow any particular religion, so have no obvious influence in a religious sence. I have somehow been put in the situation though to be here, this website and cirtain books have been passed to me.

Am I my thoughts....? No. I dont beleive a thought to be real when i actually look. I dont know how to define what i think real is though.
Being on my own, i can see thought happening, but in a moment with others at work for example, thought might be un watched and taken as 'real'.

There are definatly some thoughts that get in the way so to speak... Limiting thoughts. Ego thoughts i guess.

Tara

P.s

This is a good time to say that i feel nervous ! ? ! ?

Metta777

Postby Metta777 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Anytime is a good time to talk about how you feel and there is no pass or fail. :-) It's okay to be nervous, I hope that it will pass quickly for you. Speaking of that ,are feelings "I" ? Probably over time it has been noticeable that things can be the same as far as circumstances but from one day to the next we might feel totally different. How would you interpet that? "I dont beleive a thought to be real when i actually look" Who is looking? Is looking "I" ? You don't really exist. When you read that, how do you feel? Describe it in as much detail as you can. Including bodily feelings that may come up.
"This too shall pass"

Tara

Postby Tara » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:57 am

Are feelings 'I'.... They cant be. I is just a word. Its only all the things that we attach to the word I that makes it anything.

Probably over time it has been noticeable that things can be the same as far as circumstances but from one day to the next we might feel totally different. How would you interpet that? .... A multitude of things can effect how we feel from day to day- Sleep, diet, drugs/alcohol. But again, thought probably plays a big part in it.

Who is looking? Is looking "I" ?...... Hmm, it's hard to describe. It kind of feels like there is an everything looking. A massive something that is able to watch thought.

You don't really exist. When you read that, how do you feel?...... It initially doent produce a feeling; an emptiness; not in negative way OR a positive way. It feels like it is true, but at the same time hard to feel... really feel i mean. It makes sence, but living it out or fully comprhend is hard.

Being surrounded by people that would not even consider the fact that they dont exist, that everything in the world is like a long list of labels that are just word and interpretations, its hard to fully feel. To fully engage in feelings of non existance i mean.

Metta777

Postby Metta777 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:00 am

One of the stages a baby goes through when it's born is that it does not immediately know that it is separate from the mother or all existence . This is a learned set of thoughts. Along with eventually attaching all the labels.
Someone is watching the thoughts that are being thought, who is thinking about watching the thoughts?
"Sleep, diet, drugs/alcohol. But again, thought probably plays a big part in it."...... These things effect the body, not the thoughts. It is what is learned about sleep, diet, drugs and alcohol and attaching that to certain bodily sensations or feelings. Are you your bodily sensations? Are you sight, smell, touch, taste? How do you define "I" ? Who is observing the observer?
"It feels like it is true, but at the same time hard to feel... really feel i mean. It makes sence, but living it out or fully comprhend is hard." Is a feeling real? Is it you? Who is the one comprehending? Warmly, Metta
"This too shall pass"

Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Who is thinking about watching the thoughts... Its not really a who that watches thoughts; its more like an awareness that does this watching. Its hard to use language to describe it.

Am i my bodily sensations?... No

Am i sight, smell, touch, taste? No. These things are automatic and then we interpretate what it is we see, smell etc.

Defin 'I'... Just a collection of thoughts and experiences.

Who is observing the observer? Is the observer watched? Brain melt! B-) This is hard. The observer of thought would be the awareness... Awareness to be observed has not come up until nw. Or has it.. (thats an inward question sharing! :-))

Is feeling real?... This is like a paradoxal question. Feeling happens, but to say its real makes no sence as i cant say with any cirtainty what is real. We can say that its real within experience. So we are experiencing this physical form and have experiences i.e: feeling hungry, so yes... Yes and no.

Who is comprehending?... Our ego. It likes to make sence of things to make sure its not going to be threatned.

Tara

Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:49 pm

The ego can often hide very well during this comprehending business!

Metta777

Postby Metta777 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:10 am

"its more like an awareness that does this watching." AHhhhhhhh, good! Yes, bodily sensations are not you, it is just the vehicle. What is the difference between "direct experience" and experience? Exactly, "Feeling Happens" life happens, a continuing happening, no past, no future, just a continuous Now. thoughts are just that,insubstantial, thoughts of the past are like playing with a dead body, the only thing you can do with the past is tell yourself a story about it, it's not real, it is not directly experienced now. It might be a painful story, which all people develop pain bodies, many don't wish to let go of them, it becomes their false identity. Or it might be relatively happy, but it is irrelevant, because it is gone. The future is an imaginary story you tell yourself based usually on the past, projection. Again, not real. Unfortunately, many who have experienced painful pasts develop imaginary painful futures, much of the time that is where depression comes in. It is like being in prison and crying about it, but the key is right there ,ready to pick up. The freedom and joy of that, being released from everything. We have feelings, but they are not "I", we have thoughts, but they are an illusion. Again, think about this now moment and ask yourself do you see the " I " anywhere when looking? Search very hard. Also, again is there fear or any body sensations attached to any of the thoughts of non-existence. Who is there to be aware of anything? Or awareness just is? :-) Metta
"This too shall pass"

Tara

Postby Tara » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:59 am

Awareness just is, its like a blanket over everything. It’s more of something that’s just there – its hard to put into words really.

There have been bad things in this whole experience of Tara and I now understand that its only been the way they have been interpretated that has deemed them as bad. We do learn from all this, but at the time, the damaged ego wants repair and comfort. We react in ways that are totally unconscious and blinded by what we have just decided is a bad time or moment to be in. Its not until after, when we look back and see that these things happen to teach us. Its just being able to stand back from the ego that is sometimes problematic.

The i disappears when you sit in the now. It makes me laugh and giggle when you see all the silly thoughts be observed briefly and then go to an extent.

The thought of non-existence doesn't really create any thing prominent. If any thing, its kind of a free feeling, because if you don't exist, then how can anything really happen to 'you'. Obviously we do have this physical form, we do live in this physical world and have to experience these physical lifestyle things.... but if everyone realised that their 'self' did not exist, surely there would be no suffering because it would only be a thought that was suffering right?? Hahaha.... no way can a thought suffer, it sounds silly! I made a mind map the other day and asked who am i... It veered off into experience and language, label etc... the end result was that the I did not exist. It was quite a good to see it laid down... It makes sense intellectually, and it rings true in 'life' sometimes, but its that being present that generates that one feeling and that’s what is being tricky; being present all the time!

Before knowing that there was a sleep state and an awake state (which I don’t know where I am at the moment… Using the word ‘I’ here in the bracket comment doesn’t feel right, but don’t know how else to word it) the past was mulled over and over and as you said above, creating a negative pain body that was covered up by parties, drinking, drugs, people etc. At that time, it didn’t occur that i was hiding or sound asleep and dreaming. There's not much dwelling on the past... no dwelling in fact. If a thought comes up, i recognise it and try and accept it, sometimes takes more time with certain things. I mean all kinds of thoughts by the way, future thoughts, them silly scenarios that play over sometimes. Once these are caught by the awareness, its not long before they are subdued, or maybe they carry on, but they are watched. Just have to then keep an eye because they might sneak back in, and do quite often. The awareness doesn’t always catch thoughts though, sometimes its not until there’s a low energy or slump that its realised that thought has been playing over. On the flip side, feeling really happy probably isn’t really looked at enough. Its still the same thing as feeling sad… Generally, I just go with the flow, so trying not to get stuck in any particular state, though the feeling of limbo often comes up.

Just a lot of typing as it comes here!
Tara  :)

Metta777

Postby Metta777 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:25 pm

This is really good! Moments of awareness that keep coming will eventally become a continued awareness . One way of thinking about it might be when your body goes to sleep are you watching yourself sleeping and saying " I " am asleep? Yet many times if there is something wrong , we wake up. What is aware while we are sleeping that something is wrong?
" its kind of a free feeling, because if you don't exist, then how can anything really happen to 'you'." Yes!! The past is a painful story we tell ourself over and over, we identify with that pain body and the ego will do anything to stay in control, to continue the illusion. Who is in pain? Is the " I " in pain? When the " I' disappears is there still pain?
" The i disappears when you sit in the now."......Excellent!
" Awareness just is", YES! Is your " I" aware of your breathing? Do you have to tell yourself,okay, keep breathing? Feel your senses, seeing, smelling, touching, tasting, are you in control? Or is it just happening? Is "Direct Experience" just happening? " .. It makes sense intellectually" Hmmm, who is it that is making sense intellectually? :-)
" no way can a thought suffer, it sounds silly! I made a mind map the other day and asked who am i... It veered off into experience and language, label etc... the end result was that the I did not exist." Exactly, so search again seriously for the "I". What are the labels, thoughts, ideas, feelings, moods, sensations? Who is searching???? Is there any "I" anywhere at all ?
Affectionately, Metta
"This too shall pass"

Tara

Postby Tara » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:21 pm

What is aware when something is wrong when we are aslee?... Its a consciousness...

Who is in pain? Is the i in pain? Yes, its the 'i' thats 'in' pain. Its funny, the ego likes to protect itself, but at the same time likes being victim! Haha!

Is there still pain when the i disappears? To experience something eg, a death of someone close, of course that would create something of a painful experience. So long as we try not to attach the i to experience, it will pass. Becoming liberated cant take the, i dont know, the 'ness' away from experience... Can it? Does it?

Breathing etc just happens. Why doesnt the ego want to take ownership of this? Haha! It would be the most empowering thing for it to say is its if it did. 'i control if you breath, i control your life' haha!

Who makes sence interllectually... Haha! :-P

Reg: the last Q's - another map may be in order!

BIG smiles,
Tara

Tara

Postby Tara » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Am replying via a mobile phone. The text came out a bit odd on the answer to the breathin answer. I meant to write that for the ego to say it took control of our breathing, it would be the most empowering thing for it to say. :-)

Return to “ARCHIVES”