Request for Jeffdilbeck

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Tom1

Request for Jeffdilbeck

Postby Tom1 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi !

I've read through the forum threads, and I would be sincerely happy to engage on a one - on - one work with you.
Looking in depth to what I am.

I read the rules and I am ready.

I'm burning ... :)

with love,

Tom

Tom1

Re: Request for Jeffdilbeck

Postby Tom1 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:16 pm

ps. my time zone Central european time

jeffdilbeck

Postby jeffdilbeck » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Hey Tom!

Can you share what brought you here, and your expectations?

We can skip the rules since you already know them. Thanks for the PM.

Love,
Jeff

Tom1

Postby Tom1 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:32 pm

Hi !

Thank you very much for accepting.
I saw Ilona on Buddha at the gas pump and then ended up here.

My expectations. I have very little expectations. Probably the real expectation is that the spiritual yearning (which ive felt my whole life) will be gone

jeffdilbeck

Postby jeffdilbeck » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:25 pm

Those are excellent expectations. Ones that I would like to help be achieved.

Let's put those away for now.

What comes up if I say 'there is no you, at all, has never been, as in ZERO'?

Love,
Jeff

Tom1

Postby Tom1 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:13 pm

hi Jeff,

What comes up ?
Well, reading the posts yesterday on the forum the first impression was fear and horror (which have been common in the past) in the mind and could feel it in the gut.

But now there is a sincere curiosity. Because ever since I got introduced to spirituality and no self, I have always thought about it from then onwards. But thinking about it in the sense of absolute zero, that I have NEVER existed makes the inquiry strange.
My experience however from a honest standpoint demonstrates that there is a "me" eventhough it feels uncomfortable :D
Nway, If I have never existed, something yet has. What is that ?

love,

Tommi

jeffdilbeck

Postby jeffdilbeck » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:47 pm

Well, reading the posts yesterday on the forum the first impression was fear and horror (which have been common in the past) in the mind and could feel it in the gut.
Fear in the gut, is an emotional response to digesting an idea. Bodies work very closely to the content of thought, and respond accordingly. There isn't a fictional 'you' needed in this context. All that is happening is thoughts reacting to a story and sense content following, for example, an animal may 'flinch' when frightened, this is for survival, it is direct experience of reality, and not the protection of the story of a ghost which lives inside a meat suit.
But now there is a sincere curiosity. Because ever since I got introduced to spirituality and no self, I have always thought about it from then onwards. But thinking about it in the sense of absolute zero, that I have NEVER existed makes the inquiry strange. Nway, If I have never existed, something yet has. What is that ?
There is no purpose in pretending as if body doesn't exist. It does. But it isn't a who, it isn't personal. There is even a sense of a self that is produced by body/brain. It isn't a soul though, it isn't even a spirit, it is absolutely not what it seems it is. It is just something that happens because there is a body/mind there. The brain creates a story of a 'you' based upon senses, thoughts, experiences. There is no you. It is not possible! All you have to do is LOOK at this, instead of THINK about this.

After the 'me' is created, you start to label actions: "i did this', "he did that", "I am awesome", "I am evil" etc. The truth of the matter is there is no 'you' which is anything at all. It is just a machine doing it's job. Life is not personal in reality.

Look for 'me' thoughts in between our next posts. To quote Ramana: "You may think you are the doer, but, I assure you, you have never done a thing". What Ramana is pointing to here, is not that life is an illusion, but rather the stories we tell about being these spirits that are good and evil, are complete lies. You are not the doer. You are not the experiencer, and you are not the knower. There isn't a you, anywhere, at all.

Now, please tell me how it is that 'you' exist. Not your hands, feet, head, or spine-these things are not worth debating the existence of. Body is clearly there, it can die, etc. We are not pointing to speculation here, we are looking at the most true truth there is. It IS scary at first! But on the other side of this truth is the most authentic living possible.

Show me that your 'you' exists. Show me the one who can go to hell or heaven. Show me the one who can be truly could be accused of a failure or who should be praised for good deeds. Does he exist in reality, or does he exist in 'your' story? :)

Sending much love,
Jeff

Tom1

Postby Tom1 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:33 am

Hi Jeff

So, let's move one with inquiry:
There is no purpose in pretending as if body doesn't exist. It does. But it isn't a who, it isn't personal. There is even a sense of a self that is produced by body/brain.
So the Body is there for sure. But it isnt personal.
Is it the mind that makes the body feels personal ?

The brain creates a story of a 'you' based upon senses, thoughts, experiences. There is no you. It is not possible! All you have to do is LOOK at this, instead of THINK about this.
There is no me. I dwelled in the silence and looked for a moment... then a thought came up: But sure I am the one who is aware ! See there is a me!
For the first time I saw it just as noise, like any other noise/thought.

Life is not personal in reality.
If I take something personally, is that an illusion ?
say, some1 tells me my nationality is the worst one on this planet.

Show me that your 'you' exists. Show me the one who can go to hell or heaven. Show me the one who can be truly could be accused of a failure or who should be praised for good deeds. Does he exist in reality, or does he exist in 'your' story? :)
As long as I believe it, it is there. It dissapears when I stop believing it, and appears again once I believe as if it had never dissapeared. The story is not issue here isnt it ? It is the belief in it ?

Love,

Tommi

Sending much love,
Jeff[/quote]

Tom1

Postby Tom1 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:22 pm

I am amazed.
I actually believe my mind.
I had been in such denial of this, trying to ignore it and somehow run away from thoughts which are just other believed thoughts that I never honestly could say to myself: I actually believe my thoughts.

there is a relief, cos it is grounded in truth. Feels much more OK to admit to myself that I actually believe my mind than trying to escape it, as I have for a loong time.

eventually, the question comes up.
well, if I believe my mind. Who is believing this mind ?

Love,

Tom1

jeffdilbeck

Postby jeffdilbeck » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:53 pm

Great seeing! Thoughts believed is the biggest problem with identification with an imaginary self. there is not a who that believes the mind, it is another layer of the mind created by the mind that accepts the thought as being true. there isn't a you there!

So what thoughts come up when I tell you there is no you which witnesses the mind's thoughts?

Tom1

Postby Tom1 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi !

First I feel dizzy and laughter comes up. :D

Then... I guess when you say "no you" it really means "no you".

really just confusion...

if there is no me, it feels as if awareness which always is, gets pulled by the minds gravitation and gets relinquished... pulled and relinquished.

but yeah, confusion I guess is what sticks out.

love,

Tommi

Tom1

Postby Tom1 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi

If there is no me that witnesses the minds thoughts
Is there a me that believes or doesnt believe the mind ?

Tom

jeffdilbeck

Postby jeffdilbeck » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Nope! :)

There is a just a mind which believes or doesn't believe the thoughts.

There is no separate I in reality, as in ZERO!

Hold onto that for a second. Let it simmer.

Let me know in detail what comes up, and we will move forward from there.

Much Love,
Jeff

Tom1

Postby Tom1 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:32 pm

Hi !
There is a just a mind which believes or doesn't believe the thoughts.

There is no separate I in reality, as in ZERO!
wow. . .
I'll let you know when something comes up

Thank you

Tom

jeffdilbeck

Postby jeffdilbeck » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:29 pm

:)

Return to “ARCHIVES”