'Skyhigh' here's your confirmation thread...

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Cam-RT

'Skyhigh' here's your confirmation thread...

Postby Cam-RT » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:17 pm

Alright take your time, and feel free to elaborate as much as you please on each of the following questions...

1) ( one more time for the record.) Is there any real ' I '  in any sense, shape or form?

2)   Explain in detail what the illusion of self is, when it starts and how it works.

3) How does it feel to see this?

4) How would you liberate someone who has never encountered this " No-You" concept before?

5) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you really look?
The illusion isn't destroyed...Just seen for what it 'Is'
Thoughts vs. Reality----->Reality always wins.
"Have courage...Don't give up!!"

http://cam-rt.blogspot.com

clearskye

Re: 'Skyehigh' here's your confirmation thread...

Postby clearskye » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:31 am

1) ( one more time for the record.) Is there any real ' I ' in any sense, shape or form?
There is an apparent "I" called skyehigh here. But this appearance is made only of consciousness, or awareness, whatever word you want to use--they all fail in the end. The consciousness is the same, no matter whose eyes are being looked through. We are all shot through with awareness--that's all there is, in every morsel of the universe. The apparent objects are simply the diversity of appearance. No reality at all. Like a movie on the screen of awareness. Nothing (no thing) really there. Yet chock full of... unnameable, untouchable, unseeable knowingness.

However, by simply believing a thought, the whole world reappears, with separation seemingly intact. Hence one must be responsible to look, to question again, at any moment that illusion arises. No taking freedom for granted.

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of self is, when it starts and how it works.
In my own direct experience, the illusion either starts as a thought or as a feeling in the body that is then labeled and believed in. The mind is a conflict machine--its nature is to compare: this is better than that; they are smarter than I; the weather is too hot. As soon as we resist what is, separation is born, and we have divided into a body/mind separate from the world. And suffering begins again.

3) How does it feel to see this?
The main experience is one of relief. Relief to set the load of beliefs down; relief to not have to know one darn thing; relief to not believe in a past or a future; relief to simply enjoy life as it is, with it's apparent ups and downs.

4) How would you liberate someone who has never encountered this " No-You" concept before?
I am with people every day who have not encountered this view. I have no interest in liberating anyone--that is wholly up to them. We are all free whether we see it or not. When someone is ready to see, they will start asking questions. In the simplest, plainest language, I point them to their own direct experience in this ever-present moment.

5) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you really look?
Three years ago, I was lying in a motel room reading "Nothing Personal" by Nirmala. He suggested looking for what doesn't change. I stopped and truly looked. And boom! there "it" was. A very quiet experience, after forty years of pointed searching... in the wrong direction. However, that was simply the gateway. Then the gritty work began: of meeting the oldest, earliest pre-verbal patterns of separation which rose up over the next two years, with the ruthless intent of being seen.

Cam-RT

Re: 'Skyhigh' here's your confirmation thread...

Postby Cam-RT » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Hey Skyehigh...

You seemed a little vague on question #2 regarding The Self, can you answer it again a bit more directly??

Here, let"s rephrase the question...

2)What is the (fictional) self? What are it's functions?

Cam-RT

Re: 'Skyhigh' here's your confirmation thread...

Postby Cam-RT » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Quoted from a PM....
The (fictional) self is the activity of resisting what is. In the case of this body/mind, it often showed up as resisting whatever ignited fear of abandonment, or fear of being left out. Or even as simple as resisting the heat, or the noise.

And that is its (imagined) function as well: resistance. In hindsight, what is amusing (I get to laugh at "myself") is that the very activity of resisting caused suffering--sometimes acute--that was, from this knowing, unnecessary. In other words, the very thing I avoided, separated myself from--by not opening to it as it is--caused misery.

Similar fears still arise. By noticing and welcoming it--"ah, old acquaintance fear, again"--and turning toward it instead of away, it dissolves.

Return to “ARCHIVES”