Dan and Damon

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Dan and Damon

Postby Damon Kamda » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Hey, look: a brand new thread. Let's continue here, Dan.

dkelso

Re: Dan and Damon

Postby dkelso » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Wow, magic! Thanks,

Ok, let me refocus, you said:

"We're now at a point where it becomes very important to be clear in what the words we use mean in order to see what's behind them.

What is doing the seeing?
Is anything doing the seeing?

Is awareness doing the seeing?
To what does the word, the label awareness refer?"

I was looking at this on the way to work and what I sense is, "awareness" is just the existence of all this, of "what is". That's more the presence or existence part. The seeing seems added on by thinking, some subtly sense of body/head/mind spatial location and the sensory "seeing" function.

I want to look into this more and confirm, but that is what I get so far.

Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Postby Damon Kamda » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:09 pm

Wow, magic!
Hehe... woosh...
I was looking at this on the way to work and what I sense is, "awareness" is just the existence of all this, of "what is". That's more the presence or existence part. The seeing seems added on by thinking, some subtly sense of body/head/mind spatial location and the sensory "seeing" function

Keep going- you're peeling the onion quite efficiently.

Keep looking, write down what's being seen and if you need a gentle nudge in the right direction, let me know. Otherwise, keep them words coming and look at the following:

Is there any separation in reality?

Thanks!

dkelso

Postby dkelso » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Thanks Damon, I really appreciate your assistance, seems like things are cooking!

This process continues to reveal, fascinating really!

I notice the sense of an "awareness position/perspective" to arise, and then to probe into it, not conceptually but ...attentively?, to see exactly what it is in itself. It then vanishes or dissipates and the sense of subject-object space (separation?) collapses.

Also, the "tool" of looking changes in this collapse, disappears also. And there seems to be just this in the end.

I realize I was mistaken, there are a number of forms of "separate self", subtle postures, positions, perspectives. Now just watching each new indicator of "my presence" or "me as ________", and performing the same inquiry, then see them dissipate, then collapse of space, everything is seen as "right here". New ones appear, the recognition coming easier.....

dkelso

Postby dkelso » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:03 am

I know it's true, know there is no separate me, no I, nothing separate. Know it, but not quite KNOW it. Something is missing. No place for bullshit here, see it, look, confirm it! Looking at this experience, looking in, looking through, under around and through, look, look, look! reminding, "no you, no me, no I, no separate being of any kind, see it, look, see it? No? Keep looking....

Not yet, someone here, so subtle, missing something, ask myself "what is it?" Going over and over the pointers, tell myself, "look again, look again, go further...."

Frustrated, but determined....This is IT, end of the line, don't quit, no more options, no more stalling or avoidance!

Look again.

"Write down what's being seen". Ok, body appearance, legs, arms, no head, space, seeing, hearing, smelling, pains, pressures, empty spaces, thoughts, images. Find the self, where is it? Look, look, look....

Familiar space in here, that seem like me, but I'm looking at it, what's looking? Look into looking.... Nothing, empty, not even energy apart from all the energy around.

Is there a self, a me, subtle exister...? .....yes, ok, look more, look again, .......

Is there a you behind this feeling, this scene, this thought, this sensation.....look, find it if it's there. I don't know. look deeper, all the way through, ...........around, anyone there?....any thing like a one,....look into anything that might be a one..... ...........no, it's empty back there, fingers pressing keys, thoughts, the cat, sounds of wife in the bathroom, nothing behind it,......oh, oh, yes...... thrilling sensation, is this it? my god, is this it?, empty here, just all this Dan-ness happening........is it this simple?, look, confirm it.....

is the empty 'behind" the chair same as empty behind body, thought, existence feeling, presence feeling, awareness experience? .........

Something is different, missing, yes, feels like an empty space "behind" things but not behind..... Look, further, be sure, check everywhere....

is there someone talking now, pushing you now, is that a you?.............. Something is shifted, dropped out, .... this body hangs like a puppet in space, thoughts, images go on, no one. ..... fear, thoughts, "it may come back, you've been here before, lost it" ....so what, I'll keep looking then, doesn't matter. Is it lost? ....., look, look, ....still empty, ......look again, look like you want to find yourself, like your scared to death if you don't find it............ Can't find that "blockage" that was there earlier..... all calm "back there".....walk around, look some more.....confirm it, keep confirming it until it completely unnecessary......get up, get the body up, walk...................

familiar thoughts, ....."shouldn't this be more profound?",...."is this it?", look further, around, is there a someone, anything like a "Me" here, Ask the tough questions some teacher might ask, .... awareness, are you that? ....,.... "seeing/being/presence/existence", ...find that experience, around seeing, is that you...., check

Use everything to confirm it, ask all Damon's questions, "is there any separation in reality?", wonderful question! Beautiful question! No, it's all here, there is no there, behind,.......but wait, space is space outside of all this? Look......., is that separate? don't know, can't see, looks like one what ever it is from here, .....fingers working rapidly, no one typing, crazy, it's all here, .......check again, any one back there, out here, any you,... common Dan?, ...you can speak up!

More questions: "is anyone doing the seeing?".........no, seeing is happening, seeing is here, happening now no seer. Awareness of seeing is happening, ...is someone aware, are you being aware?" .....no, awareness is happening, it's it's own, it is in itself.

More...., read Damon posts, confirm, confirm, ......keep looking.........

Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Postby Damon Kamda » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:27 am

What is missing?

dkelso

Postby dkelso » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Nothing, how could anything be missing? This is everything right here, nothing is separate from this.

As used above, the sense of something "missing" was that.....doesn't even seem correct any more to call it "an I sense",though some strange sense, some odd, persistent thought of being/witnessing, observing separately, persisted there. But now that "place" is here, "collapsed forward", was always here, but somehow always "pulling away", like pinching and pulling away a part of a balloon, avoiding This, but never really.

Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Postby Damon Kamda » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Beautiful!

How would you explain THIS to an interested friend who hasn't *got it* yet but wants to know?

dkelso

Postby dkelso » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Damon my friend, (god, any personal references, names, personal pronouns, feel so awkward! Yet there is a feeling of your unique "energy signature" here!) And not suggesting there is not more to come here, work ahead, but "I" feel such Gratitude to you, such love for you and appreciating for your gift, your gentle hand in pointing here! Thank you my friend, so much!

Now your question.......

dkelso

Postby dkelso » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:36 pm

"How would you explain THIS to an interested friend who hasn't *got it* yet but wants to know?"

Keep it very simple, ask them what they think is going on here, get a bearing on their perspective, point to experience, put the truth out there that "there is no you, this is only thought, there is just This", point to how their language/thought reveals the "lie" of separate existence. Rinse, repeat. ; )

Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Postby Damon Kamda » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:10 pm

god, any personal references, names, personal pronouns, feel so awkward
Haha, you'll get used to it.
And not suggesting there is not more to come here, work ahead, but "I" feel such Gratitude to you, such love for you and appreciating for your gift, your gentle hand in pointing here! Thank you my friend, so much!
You're very welcome! And yes, this is not the end- it's basically the beginning of a new way of navigating life.
Keep it very simple, ask them what they think is going on here, get a bearing on their perspective, point to experience, put the truth out there that "there is no you, this is only thought, there is just This", point to how their language/thought reveals the "lie" of separate existence. Rinse, repeat. ; )
Hey, you've found out my secret... use it wisely!

I'll consult some other guides here to see if they have any questions and confirm this seeing. Then I'll invite you to the Unleashed FB group where you can hang out if you want.

More importantly- have you considered helping out here, using that clarity to guide others?

dkelso

Postby dkelso » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Sounds good!

Yes I have considered helping out, seems a natural tendency in my case to gravitate in that direction. And this certainly is a remarkably simple and powerful approach and place for real discovery to happen! Just let me know how that might work.

Does this organization extend beyond the internet? Just curious.

Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Postby Damon Kamda » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Yes I have considered helping out, seems a natural tendency in my case to gravitate in that direction. And this certainly is a remarkably simple and powerful approach and place for real discovery to happen! Just let me know how that might work.
I'll let you know about the way this works.
Does this organization extend beyond the internet? Just curious.
Yes. We've got people holding live meetings in India (of all places), France and very soon in England as well. That's all still in its beginning phases though. We've only just started, who knows where it will take us. It'd be great to have you on board.

Return to “ARCHIVES”