What is happening is all that there is...

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
daniel philip

What is happening is all that there is...

Postby daniel philip » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:28 am

I made a friend at an Eckhart Tolle retreat last year named Rolly. We instantly melded, we understood immediately that we were on the same level of inquiry into the self, or awakening to the unknown, or liberation from the incessant egoic mind pattern, or however one wishes to describe it. Rolly introduced me to Liberation Unleashed. It is his observation that this is the next step, a portal that is being opened for me at this chapter.
I began a shift in perception in college at RIT in the late 60s thru the music of the Beatles, which led to discussions of what me and my room mate called "Awareness" (our own term as no one else was there to discuss it with). I enrolled my senior year in a class being offered in Zen. From there I devoured books by Alan Watts and especially Krishnamurti which lasted for decades until one day I saw the book The Power of Now in a bookstore which exploded into me - I felt like I knew what he was going to say before I read it.

It is a never ending journey. I fade in and out of 'known' to a state of 'unknown' and back again like a pendulum. I feel the need to converse with others on this as I live in an extremely small town of rigid Christian minded folk who don't have the slightest idea of where I am or what I'm talking about.

Freddi

Re: What is happening is all that there is...

Postby Freddi » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:07 am

Hi Daniel,

This is Fred from France. Very nice to meet you.

A few quick guidelines: look to post daily/regularly or post to say if a break is needed; and set aside any other spiritual practices during our inquiry together.

Also, our disclaimer and a short video too.

http://www.liberationunleashed.com/

If you could confirm you have seen all the above and would like me to be your guide - then we shall begin.

Fred
"To come to your senses you have to go out of your mind" - Alan Watts

daniel philip

Postby daniel philip » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi Fred,

Daniel Philip here.

I'm not sure if I am in the right spot to do so, but I am confirming to you that I have seen the disclaimer and am ready to begin a dialogue with you as my guide.

The wrens are noisy out my back door, taking turns feeding their chicks and splashing in the bird bath. I assume they feel glee as they splash, at least my mind feels glee witnessing them.

One note here: I am in New York State, EDT, somehow Hawaii time zone got registered.

Dan

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Hi Dan,

Great! Let’s this show on the road.

What do you expect, if anything, from this exploration? What will it change?

Could you tell me what you are referring to when you use the words ‘I’, ‘me’, ‘mine’, etc?

Warm wishes,

Fred

PS Below this window you will see a ’Subscribe’ option, which you can click on if you want email notifications when I post a reply to you.

daniel philip

Postby daniel philip » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:48 am

Hi Fred!

Well, I spent 20 minutes writing a long convoluted response but hit POST instead of submit and it disappeared, poof! Just as well. It would have given you a headache. I'll try again but it too will be gibberish I fear...

I don't know what to expect from this exploration. Every day is an exploration, its just that I'm a serious recluse and there is no one around to bounce my thoughts/experiences off of except for my dog.

My sense of 'I' 'me 'mine' has eroded down to being aware that 'it' is composed of just another thought rising up and disappearing like a bubble in champagne. But it is not yet a choiceness awareness, there is still much judgement, naming going on, labeling each egoic thought as 'bad thought' must be killed!

A question that remains - I even asked this face to face with Eckhart Tolle at a retreat, "this Absolute, this Being, this void that surrounds and permeates all relative form, this WHAT IS - surrender to IT? What is the use of doing anything at all, if IT is everything and nothing, and entering this 'unknown' seems like complete insanity? Bounced around like a toy ship in a hurricane.

Oh hells bells, my "I" is telling me its time to go to sleep, per chance to dream. With my luck it will be a nightmare.

Good luck with trying to figure out what was just typed up there buddy!

Dan

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:59 am

Hi Dan,
I'm a serious recluse and there is no one around to bounce my thoughts/experiences off of except for my dog.
Fair enough, you can now give your dog a break and use me to bounce things off!
But it is not yet a choiceness awareness, there is still much judgement, naming going on, labeling each egoic thought as 'bad thought' must be killed!
That ‘choiceless awareness’ sounds awfully like something you’ve read somewhere and now you think ‘I want this, I’ll have that, please’.
Are you prepared to drop all teachings, all books, all concepts you have acquired and simply LOOK at what is given by your first-hand experience, at what is alive, here and now, instead on mental projections?

For example, who said that ‘egoic thoughts must be killed’? Is it your experience?
Sit quietly, step out of the mind stream and simply notice thoughts, how they come and go, how they dance.
If I ask you NOT to think about a white elephant, what is the first thought that comes up?
Can you control which thought comes up and which does not?
Can you stop a thought halfway through?
Can you be like a guard dog and only let in positive thoughts?
If, as you say, your sense of ‘I’ is composed of just another thought, can it do anything?
Is it enough just to see it as an illusion?

Warm wishes,

Fred

daniel philip

Postby daniel philip » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:53 am

Hi Fred,

Well, I am grateful for your reply. And yes, you do function better as a sounding board to bounce things off of than my dog!

When you say, see the sense of I as an illusion, a better word for it might be a hologram. My 'self' is a hologram, but what or who is projecting it?

To simply LOOK at what is given by first-hand experience implies a choiceness awareness, does it not? The thoughts that come and go, that dance, they ARE part of that first hand experience, they are alive, here and now, the mental projections ARE what is happening.

The thoughts do not experience… that is probably what you mean by an illusion?

There have been experiences, or rather 'states' because experience implies something that is registered and stored away in memory, of extended periods of sheer "experiencing" - without an experiencer. Moving thru time and space, or reality, without mentally labeling any separate 'thing'. A state of complete unknowing. Somehow the brain functioned enough to know where the body was going and how to get there, but all labeling ceased.

The mind can't go there, it is the antitheses of the mind. The only way to enter into that unchartered territory is to ask the mind with every ounce of fortitude and seriousness, "what is the unknown? you ARE the known, now go find the unknown!" Like tossing a stick for a dog. If enough energy, enough inquiry is hurled at the brain, it will cease - but call it fear, something slowly eases back in, the known 'word' takes hold of the wheel once again.

The brain thinks it wants THAT again, but it knows that it must cease for THAT to be, for BEING, for choiceless awareness. The brain knows it is a paradox, a contradiction to want its own death. So…

I will end here.
Warm wishes from here,
Dan

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:47 am

Hi Dan,
My 'self' is a hologram, but what or who is projecting it?
Don't accept a quick mind answer, look to your first-hand experience, before interpretation. That is your only authority.
Right here and now, what is your direct experience of a hologram?
What is asking the question 'who is projecting it' ? What needs to know?
To simply LOOK at what is given by first-hand experience implies a choiceness awareness, does it not?
I am simply inviting you to move away from any learned concept here, Dan.
Here we will aim to unlearn, rather than learn, if you see what I mean. I would prefer to read some 'pure Dan' instead of some Eckhart Tolle or anyone else.
Why not call it simply ‘noticing’ or ‘observing’, for example?
The thoughts that come and go, that dance, they ARE part of that first hand experience, they are alive, here and now, the mental projections ARE what is happening.
Is the content of thought really what is happening, here and now?
Think now about last night’s dinner. You can get a pretty good picture of it, maybe even recall its smell and taste, but is the dinner being experienced right now?
The only way to enter into that unchartered territory is to ask the mind with every ounce of fortitude and seriousness, "what is the unknown? you ARE the known, now go find the unknown!"
Nice story … ;-)
Stop and LOOK, right now. What, in direct experience, do you call ‘the mind’?
Can you see/touch/hear/feel/taste some thing we would label ‘mind’?

Make sure you go through all the questions, Dan, quote them in your response to make sure everything has been addressed. This is only to avoid getting lost in mental meanderings ;-)

Warm wishes,

Fred

daniel philip

Postby daniel philip » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:20 pm

Hi Fred,

"Right here and now, what is your direct experience of a hologram?"
Right now the question has no meaning

"What is asking the question 'who is projecting it' ? What needs to know?"
A cat chasing its tail.

"Why not call it simply ‘noticing’ or ‘observing’, for example?"
Words. Verbs. Adverbs. Witnessing. Any term I use can be misconstrued to parrot some other speaker's words. Taking off the 3D glasses made by someone else, yes, stripped down to its common denominator there is simply 'noticing'. A simple noticing of that.

'Is the content of thought really what is happening, here and now?'
Awareness of what is really happening, here and now? Awareness of thought. There is a simple awareness of thought. There is perception… the computer screen light hurting my eyes, a lawn mower… thought is interpreting the sound outside as a lawnmower, the sensation of the pinched nerve in my foot throbbing, perceptions, sensations come into awareness, compose awareness. There is no last night's dinner. There is no last night. A memory, a thought rising, the thought is not the brussels sprouts, they were overcooked, a disappointment - but a wren insists, here, now that presence is… words, again words. The content of thought really what is happening, here and now when it is believed, when it fills the screen of consciousness… my words, not someone else's. The wren insists attention, it IS.

Nice story? What do I call 'the mind?' The mind is an endless story. The wren is not a story… well it is now. :-) I can make it a story.
'And the sound we make together,
Is the music to the story in your eyes.
When the final line is over,
And it's certain that the curtain's gonna fall,
I can hide inside your sweet sweet love,
Forever more.'
Buddha, Jesus, Justin Hayward...
It's all there, the story, the music, the eyes, the love. Take away the story, the mind is the hearing the music of the wren, the seeing the wren. The being.

That wren is at me man, it brings me back 'here' 'now', just sound. just love.

Dan

daniel philip

Postby daniel philip » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:35 pm

Namaste, or a bowing to you Fred,

So, all morning there has been a process of watching thought. Who is thinking it? Who just thought that? What is there that is separate from that thought?

Who is watching thought? Why? What does the watcher of thought hope to gain from watching thought?

Who is annoyed at the car in the neighbor's driveway honking the horn?

What decided to have a tuna salad with spirals, tomatoes and cucumber for breakfast instead of oatmeal?

Was there a choice? Who chose?

Who is hearing the church bells ringing? What is cringing at the thought of the dreary hymns imminent any second forcing their way into my ears. Who's ears?

Who is controlling my fingers as they type? Where can I find the controller?

What does the seeker of finding the location of this 'controller' hope to gain from finding the source?

Where is the seeker aside from the thought? Where can the seeker find that bridge of that starship called Dan, the navigator, the pilot, the doer?

The seeker is the sought. The thinker is the thought. The observer of thought is thought.

That sounds so Krishnamurti doesn't it? I have known that for 40 plus years, but who is the I that knows it? Where the hell can I find this I? Aside from the thought 'I'?

The prejudice against the church hymns is in the thought 'I hate those F'n church hymns.' Is there and actual center somewhere that files that hate away, keeps it safe under lock and key so each time I hear them the 'I' can tap into it and feel freshly invaded by their aggressiveness?

Or is simply built into the conditioned thought that arises. Once the hate is seen, simply observed to be a conditioned response that arises like the sound of the wren, it loses its vitality. It all moves on.

The 'I' becomes a verb. It moves around and becomes part of the play. The 'I' becomes simply part of the landscape, the angst against the sound of 'Onward Christian Soldiers' fades into it is what it is, you are what you are, and what you are has flowed into taking a deep breath and letting the dog in.

I am going to keep an eye on this I all day…. if I can find it.

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:15 pm

Hello Dan,
The content of thought (??) really what is happening, here and now when it is believed, when it fills the screen of consciousness… my words, not someone else's.
There must be a ‘is’ or ‘isn’t’ missing here? Did you mean ‘the content of thought is what is happening’, or ‘isn’t what is happening’?
If you meant to say ‘is’, and last night’s dinner is not part of what is happening, can you give me one single example of a content of thought that is what is happening, alive, here and now? I'd be interested in that.
Take away the story, the mind is the hearing the music of the wren, the seeing the wren. The being.
For a moment, leave all thoughts aside and come back to what is alive, what is unfolding here and now.
Do you see a ‘mind’ that is hearing the music and seeing the wren? Can you describe it for me?
The seeker is the sought. The thinker is the thought. The observer of thought is thought.
Can you expand on this?
Do you mean that the observer is itself a thought? that the thinker is itself a thought?
What is meant by ‘the seeker is the sought’? What does that refer to, in your immediate experience?
I have known that for 40 plus years, but who is the I that knows it? Where the hell can I find this I? Aside from the thought 'I'?
Look to where that question comes from … who or what wants to know where to find this ‘I’?

Take some time to look deeply into these questions, Dan, don’t accept a quick mind answer, let them infuse and sink in. Then let me know what comes up on each of them, always from your here and now experience.

Thanks!

Fred

daniel philip

Postby daniel philip » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:57 pm

If you meant to say ‘is’, and last night’s dinner is not part of what is happening, can you give me one single example of a content of thought that is what is happening, alive, here and now? I'd be interested in that.
Fred,
As a process of 'unlearning', this is the first instance I have encountered that treats thought as not an object, as something that is not happening in the now moment...
I copied your last dialogue and pasted it in Word to print it out, sit on the back porch next to the fountain with a cup of coffee and contemplate each exercise. When I hit the 'print' button I hadn't noticed that a pen had fallen in the paper tray and had gotten swept into the printer mechanism. I fished it out, tried to reprint the page and kept getting an error message, that the cartridge is not compatible.

FRUSTRATION

The universe hates me! My main car has a check engine light flashing, my 'fun' old convertible car needs a new battery. I just got a root canal and need to get it capped - $2000 taken out of my tax savings, etc etc.
To me, the angst, frustration and resentment of life's mistreatments as they arise ARE what is happening in the moment, this negative energy field IS alive.

This must go back to K's teachings that 'consciousness is its content.' Rupert Spira treats thoughts as objects - just examples of layers of conditioning built up by the seeker.
Fred comes along and says that 'thought' is not what is happening when it is being thought.

OK. Set the thoughts of frustration aside, simply, not to worry about who is setting them aside - and there is just a printer not working. There is a field of energy rising, a negative energy spontaneously rising from a conditioned pattern that taps into past disappointments, there is fiddling with the printer, there is sipping cold coffee, there is regret that plans for a lovely morning's contemplation has been foiled, that one more material object has broken down and needs more money to replace…

Is there a Dan that is being assaulted by life, or is there just life happening? Will Dan cease to exist as a happy entity without a printer? Without a savings account to pay taxes in the fall, will Dan cease to be? How can Dan control this situation if events simply happen from moment to moment, from out of some unknown force that draws and erases, creating the now.. the now… and the now…
Can I see a mind that is hearing the wren, that is projecting angst and anxiety?
When I look for that mind, really look, its like turning the eyes backward, looking back into the skull, there is nothing - no thing, no color, no lack of color, there is just the looking… that is what is scary isn't it, not seeing Dan there, seeing that Dan really has no color or lack of color, Dan is really no thing.
The seeker is the sought..
hmmm, that's a tough one. Sounds good but is meaningless really.
Go deeper. The energy field that is seeking is projecting what it wants to find! holy crap. Without the seeker, there is no 'thing' to find, so the seeker IS the sought, the seeker creates the sought as it goes along - otherwise there is just what is, moving breathing hearing tasting touching changing but remaining the same as BEING.

This truly is the unknown, not projecting, leapfrogging the past into the future, constantly mentally using Dan as the projector, the leaper, the creator, the hurter, the offended, the judge and jury, the preacher and the choir and congregation, the God…
Who or what wants to know where to find this 'I'?
That's… that's a really big chuckle isn't it!
The seeker smells a rat, the seeker seeks because the seeker is tired of the game, the illusion. The seeker, touching base with its own being, desires to be rid of itself. The seeker thinks that if it rids itself OF itself it will be finally happy, find bliss… but it is in essence only leapfrogging itself back into itself, projecting itself back onto its own screen. What else can it do? The self is all it really knows, and its scared to death of its own death. But first it must FIND itself, to rid itself of itself… it looks, it looks, it looks, turns into looking looking looking.

Huh, it just hit me, that toward the end, when I visited mom in the nursing home, this old blind woman who no longer felt the need to move her own limbs (tho she could)… when I started complaining about some problem life was throwing at me, expecting her to commiserate with me, would simply say, "Hand it over to God." This irked me somehow, it was too simplistic, too woosie, too 'church-ie' for me, even tho she was not a bible thumper.

But since her passing in January those words more and more rise into consciousness. She was much more awake that I - the spiritual seeker I was, 'I' am. She was handing it over to God, and handing, and handing, and handing… Pondering it, there was hardly any Dorothy left there, only spontaneous responses to the rare occasional stimulus of someone entering her private domain. I viewed it as hell, sunlight streaming in the 5th floor window, the setting sun ablaze, wasted on her blue sightless eyes staring at me clear and bright, she didn't view it at all, with her eyes, and certainly not the mental label 'I' had given it.
"Are you afraid of dying mom?" "Oh for heaven's sake no honey, what's there to be afraid of? I'm ready to go anytime!"

Hand it over to that no-thing behind the eyes.
The evangelical campanile is spewing forth 'Ode to Joy' in an aggressive, lifeless computerized twang. Dan hates it. 'DAN' HATES IT. Dan should not hate, Dan should not judge… control the inward battle… breath, breath, a car with a loud muffler drives by, overpowering the lifeless tune… so it's joyless, relativity, barking, fan motoring, fanning, stomach rumbling, hungering, wren-ing, mommy-ing, God-ing…
goosebumping…

Than you,
Dan

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:47 pm

Hello Dan
The universe hates me! My main car has a check engine light flashing, my 'fun' old convertible car needs a new battery. I just got a root canal and need to get it capped - $2000 taken out of my tax savings, etc etc.
To me, the angst, frustration and resentment of life's mistreatments as they arise ARE what is happening in the moment, this negative energy field IS alive.
The energy that comes and go, even labelled as negative, like anger, frustration, resentment is what's happening.
I was asking you about the content of thought… like ‘the universe hates me’. Can you find truth in that one statement?
Stop and look, don’t THINK. Can you see a universe? Can you see a ‘you’ that is separate from it?
This must go back to K's teachings that 'consciousness is its content.' Rupert Spira treats thoughts as objects - just examples of layers of conditioning built up by the seeker.
Fred comes along and says that 'thought' is not what is happening when it is being thought.
Now I will ask you to scan your immediate, here and now experience and tell me what this means, in your own words: ‘consciousness is its content’. Don’t accept a mind answer. Just LOOK and tell me what you see.
And I did not say that ‘thought is not what is happening, when it is being thought’, I said that thought come and go, they are part of our direct experience, but the content, the story contained in them is not happening.
The seeker is the sought..
hmmm, that's a tough one. Sounds good but is meaningless really.
Yep. Shall we agree to drop all quotes, from K, Spira, and any other, Dan, and get back to what is in first hand experience, the only one we can test?
If not we’ll keep taking on second hand experience and imagine IT instead of seeing IT.
While there is nothing wrong with that, it won’t bring us clear seeing.
Who or what wants to know where to find this 'I'?
That's… that's a really big chuckle isn't it! The seeker smells a rat, the seeker seeks because the seeker is tired of the game, the illusion. The seeker, touching base with its own being, desires to be rid of itself. The seeker thinks that if it rids itself OF itself it will be finally happy, find bliss… but it is in essence only leapfrogging itself back into itself, projecting itself back onto its own screen. What else can it do? The self is all it really knows, and its scared to death of its own death. But first it must FIND itself, to rid itself of itself… it looks, it looks, it looks, turns into looking looking looking.
Now look at the above answer you gave me and tell me what in that is directly experienced, and what is thought.
For a moment, step out of the mind stream, come back to your breath, and notice all the happening of this moment, what is alive, here and now. Notice what is seen/heard/touched/sensed. Notice also the seeing, the hearing, the sheer aliveness of THIS.
Can you see/experience a seeker? What does it look like?

Thanks!

Fred

daniel philip

Postby daniel philip » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Hello Fred,
I was asking you about the content of thought… like ‘the universe hates me’. Can you find truth in that one statement?
Stop and look, don’t THINK. Can you see a universe? Can you see a ‘you’ that is separate from it?
The thought itself believes the truth of the statement. It boils down to the term 'belief'. The belief is built into the thought. The two are one. The belief has taken over, Dan is the belief. There is no Dan, only belief.

The universe hates me. So many ingredients make up this dish. It is my direct experience, (here, now, dryer tumbling buttons clicking, coffee coated tongue, wren wren-ing, feet tingling, sunlight streaming) that 'universe' is sensation - sensation coming to me, supporting me - where is me? In this moment there is no me. There is what is, only this awareness.

I look at my hand, I look at the coffee cup - they are not me. I look for where the sound of the wren stops and 'me' begins, where does the sound happen? In this experience, the whole shebang IS the moment. Consciousness … no, awareness, no, they are one.

Go deeper.

There is a fog that comes and goes. There is living in 'the mind' then there is no mind and there is just what is. A simple shift in perception. There is the world consisting of mind made 'stuff' that is 'believed' to be true. The fog lifts instantly and there is only this one thing. The mind cannot enter it, 'mind' being thought, the words the labels the beliefs. All the energy is shifted to upholding the 'mindmadeworld'. Then there is simply energy.

Am I the universe then? No. Yes. No. The kitchen doesn't exist until I walk into it. My 'senses' bring it into reality, the sensations coming at me - thought recognizes and turns into 'kitchen.'

What is the function of thought? It leads back into the fog. When the fog lifts, there is no universe, there is no me, there is only here now. Clarity, simplicity, grounded in being, being now. Not believing in now, as this or that, being now.

Look up! Look around! There is jut looking. There is just sight. Is breath. Just life going in and out, of itself, no Dan needed, no Dan invited, no Dan separate from THIS.
Now I will ask you to scan your immediate, here and now experience and tell me what this means, in your own words: ‘consciousness is its content’.
Look! looking stillness dryer clunking Isness is is nothing everything continuous newness isness is-ing… not even consciousness until thought arises… here nowness, no-time, the present and 'me' are one and the same… the me, the experiencer, that which is aware, the knower of awar… words. back in the fog.
Consciousness is its content in the fog. No fog, no consciousness, only a being, an essence being essence. Life? life living as nature, reproducing, reaching, stagnating, life scratching, moving a leg, blinking all by 'it'self. What is happening is all that there is, as direct experience. What is apart, separate from what is? The past and future. The past and future think they are apart, but they exist now, in the now, as the now, as thought.

What time is it? thought. concept. exit fog. walking to empty dryer. walking, turning on air conditioner - humid-ness, frustration that the computer will not permit 'humidness' - changes to humanness, frustration, relaxation, it doesn't really matter, it matters to DAN but - twelve noon, church gongs time, hymns… sound, just sound when the fog lifts, just sound going thru the screen, not caught in a mental sieve, not held…
Can you see/experience a seeker? What does it look like?
The seeker is thought. The seeker is looking for a way out of the fog. The seeker ceases, the fog ceases. The seeker arises as the fog arises… forms… no problem. Stop the car, can't see, sit in stillness, sit in fog, just fog, no problem.
Look! fog is now sunlight beam thru sheer curtains, buzzing, flybuzz… time says chores demand 'consciousness', tension, fog rising… no where to go, nothing to do, go, do, going doing moving breathing talking driving shopping banking, now moving and staying always as now - 'I' no need to fight over the word, (awareness, knowing) take this ever present 'now' with 'me' as the now never drops me, separates from 'me', eternally creates 'me' as the now - coexisting together…

Just thought? Maybe, but no problem. Only problematic when held as a 'belief.' The truth is in the now, the present as I, not the belief in the now. No fog in the immediate. Just life effortlessly entering and exiting, entering and exiting, living me as me as IT.

Oh, that's so heavy! That's ok. Just fog, the dance of mirrors.

Stretch, spine snap crackle, head rotating…

How long before the fog forms? The fog is in the question. breathing, dog panting, dog tongue licking, leg skin wetting, standing…

There is an intensification - a shifting between 'consciousness' and Being. But now there is no problem. There is a relaxing into the fog, a parting, fog lifting to awareness. Your statement
thoughts come and go, they are part of our direct experience, but the content, the story contained in them is not happening.
flipped a switch. It flipped the de-fogger vent switch if that makes sense.

There is the reality of 'Dan' here, universe there, which is fine. But that reality is the dream reality. It exists as belief, as thought, as the thinker. There is LOOK! There is only what is - as sensation, perception, what the present is presenting itself as, its 'isness'. It is mystery. It cannot be known. Thus the fog.

The awareness that is, the core being that always is, that awareness is aware in the fog. It is that awareness that reaches up and burns off the fog. This will be contemplated thru the day. whew

Thank you!
Dan

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:44 pm

Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for your post, full of honesty and quite a lot of clarity.
Aim to keep it to your own words, no jargon gleaned along the way, and to scan your first hand experience for the answers. That’s your only authority here.
Where is me? In this moment there is no me. There is what is, only this awareness.
Does any name, like ‘awareness’, accurately describe THIS, WHAT IS?
What if we called it rhinoceros? Would it change anything to THIS? You give it your own name!
Am I the universe then? No. Yes. No.
Where does that question come from? See how quickly the mind wants a new identification … ‘what am I, then?’ Where does the need for identification come from?
Look up! Look around! There is jut looking. There is just sight. Is breath. Just life going in and out, of itself, no Dan needed, no Dan invited, no Dan separate from THIS.
Yes Yes Yes!!! Thank you ;-)
not even consciousness until thought arises… here nowness, no-time, the present and 'me' are one and the same… the me, the experiencer, that which is aware, the knower of awar… words. back in the fog.
Right! No description applies. As soon as we use words, we lie a little …
Just thought? Maybe, but no problem. Only problematic when held as a 'belief.' The truth is in the now, the present as I, not the belief in the now. No fog in the immediate. Just life effortlessly entering and exiting, entering and exiting, living me as me as IT.
Does WHAT IS change whether there is a belief or not?
What does not go away if you stop believing in it?
‘Problematic when held as a belief’: Is there a problem with the belief? Who or what is labelling it a problem?

There is the reality of 'Dan' here, universe there, which is fine.
What reality of Dan here? What reality of the universe there? Do you look to thought or experience to call these reality?

Thanks!

Fred

Return to “ARCHIVES”