I'd like a guide - charlottez

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
charlottez

I'd like a guide - charlottez

Postby charlottez » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:55 am

Charlotte is looking to go deeper, and looking forward to hearing about others experiences

-What brings you to Liberation Unleashed?
to connect with like minded people

-What is your background in terms of seeking and inquiry?
opening through loss, lots of reading and listening to others

-What do you expect of the conversation on this forum?
to godeeper

Armstrong

Re: I'd like a guide - charlottez

Postby Armstrong » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:06 am

I'd be willing to guide you.

Have you looked at the preliminaries like the disclaimer yet? The disclaimer is at the bottom of the page: http://liberationunleashed.com/nation/v ... f=4&t=2109

Have you looked at the FAQ? http://liberationunleashed.com/faq/

If you are still interested please reply.

charlottez

Postby charlottez » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:56 am

Hello Armstrong
And yes have looked and understood all.
I thank you for your responding.
Charlottez

Armstrong

Postby Armstrong » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:08 pm

Can you please explain your expectations of what you think is going to happen if you go through this process?

I would encourage you to really "explore the space" and answer the question in a silly-sounding selfish way. E.g. do you expect to be able to read minds? Do you expect to be happy forever? Do you expect to feel the universe works perfectly? Do you expect to have your body physical body disappear at some point, or perhaps when you die? Do you expect that things will be pretty much the same, except you'll be happier more of the time?

People expect whatever they expect. There's no point in judging your expectations or judging you for having expectations; that's just what your mind does. But whatever you expect colors your perceptions and may make it difficult for you to notice what I'll ask you to pay attention to.

charlottez

Postby charlottez » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:02 pm

I do not expect anything really, none of what has been outlined, I am just wanting to know and go deeper with self, I do not want to read minds, but i guess you were joking, if not then i appologize, I am i think already in tune to peoples emotions and feel intuitive, and usually go with this feeling. I hope i have given you the answer you need.

Armstrong

Postby Armstrong » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:27 pm

OK. That's fine.

Could you please say what you think a self is?

charlottez

Postby charlottez » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:58 pm

not sure there is nothing really no self is there ?

Armstrong

Postby Armstrong » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:26 am

I asked because you wrote, "I am just wanting to know and go deeper with self"

What did the word "self" mean in that sentence?
What would it mean to "know and go deeper" with it?

I'm trying to figure out why you are here. That's why I asked you about your expectations. You didn't answer. So now I'm referring to what you wrote, asking you to explain what you want.

Please take some time to answer; if you can concentrate and be meticulous, we can get this done. If you can't, it won't happen.

If you don't like my tone and you'd rather get another guide, that's fine with me - maybe others will be more patient.

charlottez

Postby charlottez » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 pm

I did not mean to try your patience, perhaps i am misunderstanding you.
When i said deeper with self, i maybe meant just deeper into the feeling of who i truly am, and to try to be more at one with that. I understand on one level, but then on another i find it difficult at times to stay in the now, and go to the past which i know does not mean anything, and i then feel silly, because I know nothing really matters in the big picture, and I just want to find my true self, that i know is the long way round, but I am hoping that you understand, and i am trying to explain what you have asked as best as i can.

Armstrong

Postby Armstrong » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:54 pm

OK. Could you be more specific about "deeper into the feeling of who i truly am, and to try to be more at one with that."

Please try to pretend that I'm a 7-year old who doesn't understand anything metaphorical. What are you looking for? To feel more happy? Or to feel more relaxed?

Also, you wrote, "and I just want to find my true self" -- what does that mean? Again, pretend I'm 7 years old and don't know the first thing about hippy/New Age jargon.

Armstrong

Postby Armstrong » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:56 pm

You might want to listen to this before you reply: http://liberationunleashed.com/LU_Audio ... n%2002.mp3

charlottez

Postby charlottez » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:33 am

Armstrong hello
I have listened and understand and agree with all, I am happy and I am a very relaxed person, I did not join to try to find this as I know I already have all that there is. I do not feel a charlotte that is experiencing, but still I have a feeling that there is me who is observing it all.
I also have a feeling of something directing my awareness, choosing what to look at, but I can't say that this awareness, or control of the awareness is me, but it certainly feels like it's me doing it. Does that make any sense.

Armstrong

Postby Armstrong » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Thanks. That is important information.

I would recommend that in the next day you try to pay meticulous attention to your experience when you choose things.

Here is an experiment - sit for a while, eyes closed, breathe in and out for a while and pay attention as you "pick a movie title".

What is your actual experience like? Do you choose whatever you choose via a deliberative process? Where is the subject, you, in there making choices? Do "you" flip a lever to do it?

You can observe how you go about your day - at some point you'll "choose" to do the exercise. When will you decide to do it? Will you decide to do it before you decide? Will you decide that before you decide to decide? How does anything get done?

And the oher thing - you say you think there is an observer. What qualities does it have? How big is it? Where is it? If it has a location and a distance from "you", you are missing it - because that "you" is the observer. Or is the observer somehow you and "over there"?

Please try to do those experiments and report back. You might want to listen to the audio on "direct experience" to see what answers are appropriate - typical answers are inapprpriate.

Armstrong

Postby Armstrong » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:42 pm

Here's the audio that describes what form your answers should take - http://liberationunleashed.com/LU_Audio ... n%2004.mp3

Please listen to that and try to tive me your answers to the questions above.

Take as much time as you need.

charlottez

Postby charlottez » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:24 pm

yes I will and thank you

Return to “ARCHIVES”