Looking for a Guide

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Jivaro

Looking for a Guide

Postby Jivaro » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:39 pm

I'm looking for a guide. I've been lead to this site through advice from an acquaintance. I'm a 63 yr. male in Midwest USA. I have completed a apprenticeship with a Native American medicine man. I have studied shamanism extensively with several shamans and have completed several initiations. I meditate, have a yoga practice. Spiritually aware I think. I've been shown this site & I can't let go of it in my mind.

s-p-a-c-e

Re: Looking for a Guide

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:48 pm

Hi Jivaro,
I'm looking for a guide. I've been lead to this site through advice from an acquaintance. I'm a 63 yr. male in Midwest USA. I have completed a apprenticeship with a Native American medicine man. I have studied shamanism extensively with several shamans and have completed several initiations. I meditate, have a yoga practice. Spiritually aware I think. I've been shown this site & I can't let go of it in my mind.
This is John from the UK. Very nice to meet you! Enjoyed reading your introduction.

A few quick guidelines: look to post daily/regularly or post to say if a break is needed; and set aside any other spiritual practices during our inquiry together.

Also, our disclaimer.

http://www.liberationunleashed.com/

If you could confirm you have seen the above and would like me to be your guide - then we shall begin.

With best wishes,
John
"The more he looked inside, the more Piglet wasn't there." - A.A.Milne
https://johnchristophercoaching.wordpress.com/

Jivaro

Postby Jivaro » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:29 am

Hello John,
Yes I read all the guidelines & disclaimer prior to asking. I'll set aside most of my spiritual practices. I meditate usually daily & have a yoga practice. I have a shamanic practice that I'll take time off from through this process. I sometimes meditate to darshan from Shirdi Sai Baba. Any thoughts on that? The belief systems that I work with are more shamanic & Indian mysticism now days. I'm familiar w/ basic Buddhist belief systems from my wife. She has studied w/ Thich Nhat Hanh & some of his monks.
I'm looking forward to our experience.
Namaste
Scott

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:09 am

Hey Scott,
Hello John,
Yes I read all the guidelines & disclaimer prior to asking. I'll set aside most of my spiritual practices. I meditate usually daily & have a yoga practice. I have a shamanic practice that I'll take time off from through this process. I sometimes meditate to darshan from Shirdi Sai Baba. Any thoughts on that? The belief systems that I work with are more shamanic & Indian mysticism now days. I'm familiar w/ basic Buddhist belief systems from my wife. She has studied w/ Thich Nhat Hanh & some of his monks.
Namaste
Scott
Appreciate the background. It's quite a mix. All is good. I have no thoughts on darshan.

So, now you're here - what coming up as to what you're here for?

Thank you,
John

Jivaro

Postby Jivaro » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Hey Scott,
Hello John,
Namaste
Scott
Appreciate the background. It's quite a mix. All is good. I have no thoughts on darshan.

So, now you're here - what coming up as to what you're here for?

Thank you,
John
Last Saturday I decided to have a “Sacred Day”. I fasted till noon. I took a shamanic tool into the body,and began to meditate. In my previous meditations & journeys (shamanic) I have many times reached into the Cosmos before. Beyond or solar system. Way far away, but there have always been a presence of spirits, deities, geometric patterns, a presence of a knowing voice, etc. But this time I went into a realm where nothing existed. Nothing to see, nothing to hear. No acknowledgement of myself. There was nothing in its perfect state. I was only aware of it when I realized back into my body. I was able to do this 6 or 7 times in a 4 hour span. I told an internet friend about this experience. He explained I had entered into the 7th jhana., in his opinion. I’m not a practicing Buddhist so OK. He began to tell me about this site, his dealings with selflessness, and encouraged me to try this process in the hopes of being able to enter into this & similar states in a gentler way. I am a seeker of the unknown for lack of better words. I must say two weeks ago I felt like I had a handle on reality. Now I wonder.

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi Scott,
Last Saturday I decided to have a “Sacred Day”. I fasted till noon. I took a shamanic tool into the body,and began to meditate. In my previous meditations & journeys (shamanic) I have many times reached into the Cosmos before. Beyond or solar system. Way far away, but there have always been a presence of spirits, deities, geometric patterns, a presence of a knowing voice, etc. But this time I went into a realm where nothing existed. Nothing to see, nothing to hear. No acknowledgement of myself. There was nothing in its perfect state. I was only aware of it when I realized back into my body. I was able to do this 6 or 7 times in a 4 hour span. I told an internet friend about this experience. He explained I had entered into the 7th jhana., in his opinion. I’m not a practicing Buddhist so OK. He began to tell me about this site, his dealings with selflessness, and encouraged me to try this process in the hopes of being able to enter into this & similar states in a gentler way. I am a seeker of the unknown for lack of better words. I must say two weeks ago I felt like I had a handle on reality. Now I wonder.
If you find reality's handle, let me know. :)

Here we keep it very simple and look only at the notion of "self" - in quotes because this is the story of who we are, the social self who, conventionally, we believe ourselves to be, and act accordingly. There is a simple and persuasive identification with familiar sensations that we call "me","I", "Scott" etc. That is what we shine a light on, to see whether these sensations are merely sensations, or whether there is a "self" inside choosing, thinking, acting, pulling the strings, which is who we are.

Is "Scott" a reality or a fiction taken as reality? - please share the present experience.

Thank you,
John

Jivaro

Postby Jivaro » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi John,
Still trying to figure on the quote function :
Is "Scott" a reality or a fiction taken as reality? - please share the present experience.
Not for sure at the present time. My "self" seems real to me. I know some people say it's an illusionary process. I can at times believe, even embrace this. However today I feel like a real person answering you back.

Scott

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi Scott,
Hi John,
Not for sure at the present time. My "self" seems real to me. I know some people say it's an illusionary process. I can at times believe, even embrace this. However today I feel like a real person answering you back.

Scott
Good. Could you say some more about the one called Scott - lets explore a little:

Is there a certain familiar feeling to being Scott?

Setting aside the label "Scott", what is left to be recognised as Scott?

If you could hazard a guess as to where is base camp for Scott, where would it be?

Before you were named Scott, who were you?

Does breathing require Scott to say when to breathe?

Does walking require Scott to say when to take a step?

Do you know the next thought before it arrives?

Does Scott?

Thank you,
John

Jivaro

Postby Jivaro » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:58 am

Hi Scott,
Hi John,

Scott
Good. Could you say some more about the one called Scott - lets explore a little:

Is
there a certain familiar feeling to being Scott?

Of course. I've been me as long as there has been memory.

Setting aside the label "Scott", what is left to be recognised as Scott?

My physical body. My actions. What I do seems to define more than anything.

If you could hazard a guess as to where is base camp for Scott, where would it be?

I have a home. A dwelling, a wife, a life. Base camp, don't know if one exists.

Before you were named Scott, who were you?

Part of a pool of consciousness.

Does breathing require Scott to say when to breathe?

No. I have control of breathing. Speed, depth, etc. But I breath without thought usually.

Does walking require Scott to say when to take a step?
No. Once again I have control when to stop, start, speed, etc. But I walk without thought of walking.

Do you know the next thought before it arrives?
Not really. My thoughts can be on a subject. I think I know the upcoming flow but an action unrelated to me can instantly change my thoughts.

Does Scott?[/b]
Confused on that one, John.

Thank you,
Scott

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:58 am

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the responses - it's good for laying out the landscape of assumption.

What we're looking at here is the possibility that the one called Scott, deemed to be in control, deemed to own the body, to act, is a fiction, an assumption; one that we act as if is true. We're absolutely NOT believing this to be the case, only seeing if it is the case.

Having lived with an assumption for a long time, like the proverbial fish and the water in which it swims, its not something we ever challenge. But the question is Scott, is this something, a possibility, that you're open to consider?

If you are, then we'll continue.

With kind thanks,
John

Jivaro

Postby Jivaro » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:17 am

Of course John. Obviously something is starting to shift in me. A different perception of sorts. My wife says lighter. So yes. I'm very interested. I have considered it before, that is one reason of being here, but have only had glimpses. I'd like to un-understand myself..
I'll also try to get a grip on the quote situation. I'll have the wife help me next time.

Thank You
Scott

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:44 pm

Hi Scott,
Of course John. Obviously something is starting to shift in me. A different perception of sorts. My wife says lighter. So yes. I'm very interested. I have considered it before, that is one reason of being here, but have only had glimpses. I'd like to un-understand myself..
I'll also try to get a grip on the quote situation. I'll have the wife help me next time.
Excellent. I just needed to confirm that.

Am curious about these glimpses Scott. Could you share those experiences, especially with respect to the sense of and identification with "self".

With kind thanks,
John

Jivaro

Postby Jivaro » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:15 pm

Am curious about these glimpses Scott. Could you share those experiences, especially with respect to the sense of and identification with "self".

The glimpses have been: A lightness of my energy
Have always had an underlying since of something is not right. A small sense of dread. Gone now by about 75%
Kinder to all in thoughts.
Less thoughts. Especially about the future.
Just got up from best night sleep in over 3 yrs.
I woke up happy. Looking forward to the new day
The tasks of the day don't seem like things I have to do but looking forward to attend to.
Basically a loss of "dread" that I did not know I was carrying around .
Happier

A very nice experience so far.

Thank You !
Scott

Jivaro

Postby Jivaro » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:20 pm

Sorry John,
An amendment. I'm less attached to being myself. My previous identified self is not who I am. Not sure who I am, in a good way. Really feel like a new chance to revitalize is present.
Namaste
Scptt

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:30 pm

The glimpses have been: A lightness of my energy
Have always had an underlying since of something is not right. A small sense of dread. Gone now by about 75%
Kinder to all in thoughts.
Less thoughts. Especially about the future.
Just got up from best night sleep in over 3 yrs.
I woke up happy. Looking forward to the new day
The tasks of the day don't seem like things I have to do but looking forward to attend to.
Basically a loss of "dread" that I did not know I was carrying around .
Happier
Cool. :)

Return to “ARCHIVES”