hello to all

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
lucid365

hello to all

Postby lucid365 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:26 pm

I've been meditating close to 4 years now on and off,I started off with trataka meditation but didn't know it was trataka as the book instructing me never mentioned it would activate my pineal gland or 3rd eye,so with the exercise of looking upwards with eyes closed and counting from 1 to 100 and from 100 to 1 also visualising the numbers,after 2 weeks to my supreme I got a strong vibration on my forehead and could see comets of purple and indigo blue,

So then anytime I meditated I usually see the energy fluctuating,anyway the past year I've concintrate on anapana and when I was only a few weeks into doing anapana I saw a bright light shining on my eyes and I felt my thought process was locked and it was impossible to think a thought,I felt my spine and body going.numb and I felt like.i forgot my body,
My sense of being became non local and felt my being expanded out so far,I felt intense and scared and then it went away ,it lasted for about 10 to 20 seconds,it seemed like a jhana but jhana are supposed to be enjoyable and blissful so maybe it was an unwholesome jhana with to much energy or something ,anyway that was a few months ago,it wasn't able to experience something that intense or profound like that since but feel I get close to that experience but it does not initiate again,so yeah I've just been reading a bit the past few years about buddhism and meditation so I have a good just about buddhism ,I'm 36

ElPortal

Re: hello to all

Postby ElPortal » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:49 am

Hi there,

... and welcome to LU. Do you have a name?

Thanks for sharing those experiences, and in the other thread for the request to guide.

Do you realise that this site is nothing to do with improving meditation practice? LU is about seeing through the illusion of a separate self.
So, where would you like to be? Where would you like to be guided to?
What would you like to be different in your life?

Once I know what it is you are looking for, maybe I will be able to accompany you. We'll see.

Cheers

Mark
"I": a simple case of mistaken identity.

lucid365

Postby lucid365 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:18 am

Oh sorry my name is paul,I'm from ireland,well I think that meditation is part of experiencing a separate self,just like my experience in meditation I felt like I was not my body but consciousness that was expanded far and wide,I think that direct pointing can play a part in letting me discover that I'm not a separate self while meditation can also help me to discover this,through direct pointing and direct experience I can have these realisations,part or maybe all of realising that I am not a separate self is enlightenment

lucid365

Postby lucid365 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:33 am

So would realising I'm not a separate self let me put the idea of being a separate self in a secondary fuction and then my primary function would be to function as what I am (consciousness,empty Ness, nonduality,formlessness,enlightenment)their my expectations by combining direct pointing and meditation

lucid365

Postby lucid365 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:40 am

I feel that to attain the realisation of not being a separate self your mind has to be calm so investigation can be done to get insight into the matter,trying to look through the 5 aggregates with thinking or directing pointing is hard if your mind is not calm

ElPortal

Postby ElPortal » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:48 am

Hi Paul, and pleased to 'meet' you.

So first I'd like to ask you to watch the introductory videos and read the disclaimer on the home page if you haven't already and agree to some standard ground rules:

1. Post at least once every other day, even if only to say, "still here!" If you can't for some reason, just let me know.
2. I am not your teacher; all I will do is point. Your deal is just to look, until clear seeing happens.
3. Please attempt to answer all the questions posed, as best you can. Look deeply and honestly, then respond with 100% honesty. There are no wrong or right answers.
4. Respond as simply and directly as possible from immediate personal experience only (felt senses and observed thoughts). Avoid long-winded analytical and philosophical and stream-of-consciousness answers which may even hinder progress.
5. Please put aside all other teachings, philosophies and such for the remainder of this investigation, even leaving aside other people's LU threads. Really put all your attention into looking for yourself into this reality, as it is. If you have a daily and essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.

About posting in this forum.

1. 'Post Reply' at the bottom of the page you get the editor where you can type an answer. You can also preview the answer before it is posted. Experiment as much as needed. Nothing gets posted unless the 'Submit' button is clicked.
2. The forum can log you out without warning. If you're typing a post directly in the edit box here, and you get logged out before you click Submit, your words can get lost. There are two ways to avoid this. One, use the Preview button frequently. That will keep you logged in. Or two, type your responses in a separate program like Notepad first, then copy and paste them into the forum. (But that way you don't get to use the quote function and have to use BBCode to highlight quotes.)
3. Please learn to use the 'Quote' facility, it's a very useful tool (there is a post about this at the top of the 'Gate' forum).
4. Please click the 'subscribe topic' link at the very bottom of the page to ensure you get an email whenever a reply comes in.

If you could confirm you have seen all the above, agree to them, and would still like me to be your guide - then we'll proceed.

Cheers

Mark

lucid365

Postby lucid365 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Ok mark,watched videos and disclaimer,thanks mark

lucid365

Postby lucid365 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Is there no danger of intellectually accepting there is no self and taking it as the end goal on a intellectual level,instead of directly experiencing no self?

ElPortal

Postby ElPortal » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi Paul,
Is there no danger of intellectually accepting there is no self and taking it as the end goal on a intellectual level,instead of directly experiencing no self?
Good point. If all that happens is intellectual analysis and logic, all that will be gained are intellectual concepts, teachings and words about (something sometimes called) 'liberation'.
Please re-read the ground rules carefully, especially points 2, 3, 4 an 5, and tell me whether there is actually AGREEMENT to them, whether there is actually an appetite just to look. That is all that is needed: earnestness.

Then we can find out whether I can accompany you.

Let me know.

Cheers

Mark

lucid365

Postby lucid365 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:39 pm

I can't find where the ground rules are again

lucid365

Postby lucid365 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Woops I'm slow today,you have them posted here lol,thanks

lucid365

Postby lucid365 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:58 pm

Please re-read the ground rules carefully, especially points 2, 3, 4 an 5, and tell me whether there is actually AGREEMENT to them, whether there is actually an appetite just to look. That is all that is needed: earnestne

lucid365

Postby lucid365 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:59 pm

Please re-read the ground rules carefully, especially points 2, 3, 4 an 5, and tell me whether there is actually AGREEMENT to them, whether there is actually an appetite just to look. That is all that is needed: earnestne
Yes I've reread the ground rules and I'm in agreement to abide by them and just to look

ElPortal

Postby ElPortal » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi Paul

Great! Your first post described lots of colourful and interesting experiences. All experience (even if remembered).

More recent posts have lots of concepts in them: eg
what I am (consciousness,empty Ness, nonduality,formlessness,enlightenment)
Sounds a bit like a whole bunch of taught ideas. (Or possibly a Scottish lake after a drought? ;-) ) Please consider: where have these come from? What do they mean to you right now, if anything? Just answer honestly.

Hope you'll be up for doing some practical exercises. Here's one:-

I would like you to sit quietly for a few moments and just describe to me the now experience in as full a detail as you can. Everything that occurs.

Cheers

Mark

lucid365

Postby lucid365 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:39 pm

Well like everything else I learned these ideas and concepts from education and from educating myself from reading books and studying,they all originated from other people's ideas,but they mean a lot to me as they explain and discribe the subjects I'm learning connected to liberation

Return to “ARCHIVES”