Guide request

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
rvh

Guide request

Postby rvh » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:48 pm

I think I might be through the gate but am not CERTAIN!

I see the that body moves itself automatically.

Laughing and weird feelings associated with that realisation about 1 month ago.

I see that thoughts arise automatically in sequence one after another.

I am not those thoughts.

They have no power of their own.

The I that some of these thoughts refer to is nowhere to be found.

When there are no thoughts there is a sense of no separation.

When there are thoughts there is a sense of separation.

Hence I still feel separation a lot of the time, as thoughts still arise.

I feel identified with the aware presence that appears to be inside my head, although I cannot find any boundary to that.

When someone asks me to "LOOK", who or what are you asking to "LOOK".

Is it this aware presence?

I feel like I am possibly "Stuck" a little here.

Although, maybe, I am expecting something more than what is.

Much gratitude to whoever decides to help :))

codyjdennis

Re: Guide request

Postby codyjdennis » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:11 am

Hey rvh,

Thank you for your introduction. Looks like you have been looking a lot already :-).

My name is Cody and I'd be more than happy to guide you.

Just a few technical things to get out of the way..

1. Post at least once a day, if you cannot post, or need more time, let me know.
2. Be 100% honest in your answers and inquiry.
3. Answer from personal experience only.
4. Read the disclaimer on the Liberation Unleashed main page - http://www.liberationunleashed.com/
5. Read the FAQ page to get an idea of what we do here - http://www.liberationunleashed.com/LU_FAQ.html
6. Learn how to use the quote function when responded to messages - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=660
---------------

If you agree to the above we can get started as soon as possible.

Best
Cody
All there is, is liberation. What arises in liberation is the idea that 'I' am not liberated.

rvh

Postby rvh » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:03 am

Hi Cody,

Thank you so much for offering to guide.

Yes, I agree with all those requirements.

I should mention I have read extensively from RT, TS, LU as well as other associated sites run by ex RT, TS original crew.

It just means I am familiar with the process of being guided by reading other successful guiding attempts on those forums.

Thanks again,

rvh

codyjdennis

Postby codyjdennis » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:29 am

You are very welcome!

Thank you for sharing that.

Let's get started.

Do you have any expectations about seeing through the illusion of me? List anything that comes up for you.

- Cody
All there is, is liberation. What arises in liberation is the idea that 'I' am not liberated.

rvh

Postby rvh » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:14 am

Do you have any expectations about seeing through the illusion of me? List anything that comes up for you.

- Cody
1. Clearly see that life is just living, without a sense of separate self. (Sometimes)

2. There should be less impact from negative emotions, as there is no separate self to suffer. (Yes)

3. More patience with others, as I realise that they have no control over their actions. (Yes)

4. Less thoughts, as they subside, when it is recognised that they are just thoughts, and have no power. (Yes)

5. A total absence of separate self. (No)

6. Peaceful, calm most of the time. (Yes)

Thats about it I think.

Thanks,

rvh

rvh

Postby rvh » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:37 am

Oh I just thought of this:

7. End of seeking. (Pretty much so. I'm only reading this direct pointing no-self type of material, because I think this is the greatest discovery in human history)

codyjdennis

Postby codyjdennis » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:03 am

1. Clearly see that life is just living, without a sense of separate self. (Sometimes)

2. There should be less impact from negative emotions, as there is no separate self to suffer. (Yes)

3. More patience with others, as I realise that they have no control over their actions. (Yes)

4. Less thoughts, as they subside, when it is recognised that they are just thoughts, and have no power. (Yes)

5. A total absence of separate self. (No)

6. Peaceful, calm most of the time. (Yes)

7. End of seeking. (Pretty much so. I'm only reading this direct pointing no-self type of material, because I think this is the greatest discovery in human history)
Thanks for sharing.

1: This will be seen more and more.

2,3,4,6: All these may or may not happen. The thoughts decreasing and the peace may come as a "byproduct" but it is not guaranteed. The thoughts will just be seen for what they are, thoughts. It does not mean they will stop arising.

Do you best to set aside these expectations while we look. What we need here is just honest looking in your undeniable direct experience to see how it actually is. Looking comes first then response with thought.
In response to that question: I am asking you to look. You exist it's just not who you think you are.

Answer this question for me:
Can this self, I, be found in your direct experience? Or is it just a thought?

rvh

Postby rvh » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:51 am

2,3,4,6: All these may or may not happen. The thoughts decreasing and the peace may come as a "byproduct" but it is not guaranteed. The thoughts will just be seen for what they are, thoughts. It does not mean they will stop arising.

Do you best to set aside these expectations while we look. What we need here is just honest looking in your undeniable direct experience to see how it actually is. Looking comes first then response with thought.
OK. No problem
In response to that question: I am asking you to look. You exist it's just not who you think you are.

Still not clear on this yet. This is EXACTLY what the issue is for me. If you mean witness/awareness/presence/being then that would resolve this, if it is possible for that to do the LOOKING.

Answer this question for me:
Can this self, I, be found in your direct experience? Or is it just a thought?[/quote]

I thoughts are just thoughts, no doubt. I am NOT my thoughts.I know this.

But there is a silent witness/awareness/presence/being that feels like it is what I am.

It feels like "Me". That "ME" experiences thought and all the other experiences like SEEING HEARING TOUCHING TASTING SMELLING EMOTIONS PHYSICAL PAIN.

All these experiences just happen. "ME" is not the cause. "ME" experiences them and is unaffected in any way. This witness/awareness/presence/being has always been the same as long as I can remember. Never changes.

That is my experience.

Many Thanks,

rvh

codyjdennis

Postby codyjdennis » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:59 am

rvh,
I thoughts are just thoughts, no doubt. I am NOT my thoughts.I know this.
Great :)

I think I see where you are stuck. You have conceptualized witness/awareness/presence/being.

Answer this for me now. Find the word awareness here now. Can you find it outside of thought?
This witness/awareness/presence/being has always been the same as long as I can remember.
You say you are not your thoughts. Does a past exist in actual experience outside of thought. Do you have any proof of a past other than thoughts?

rvh

Postby rvh » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:22 am

I think I see where you are stuck. You have conceptualized witness/awareness/presence/being.

Answer this for me now. Find the word awareness here now. Can you find it outside of thought?

I cannot find the word "Awareness" outside of thought.

I used all those words to try to describe what I am referring to (Instead of one), because it is NOT the WORDS or THOUGHTS.

I am aware of it ONLY when there are NO THOUGHTS.

Maybe this is just LOOKING I am referring to. Hmmmm
This witness/awareness/presence/being has always been the same as long as I can remember.
You say you are not your thoughts. Does a past exist in actual experience outside of thought. Do you have any proof of a past other than thoughts?
[/quote]

NO it does NOT.

rvh

Postby rvh » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:30 am

This is where I am confused.

Could you please elaborate?

Thanks for your patience :-))

codyjdennis

Postby codyjdennis » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:45 am

No problem rvh :) Happy to be here guiding you.

This is where I am confused.

Could you please elaborate?
Yes I can. When I ask you to look there is what I will call something doing the looking. Anything you label it whether it's as ordinary as I, or as "grand' as awareness it is not it.

This is what I am noticing & it get's really subtle. You are stuck in seeing that there is "nobody here" so to speak but you are conceptualizing it. Notice when you say "Who are you asking to look" the subtle belief hidden under that is almost like saying "There is nobody here so who is going to do the looking". But nobody is a concept too, is it not?

Notice this carefully in your own experience:

Look for this self as I asked you to do previously. Is there someone looking? Or is looking itself just happening.

Best,
Cody

rvh

Postby rvh » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:38 am

"Yes I can. When I ask you to look there is what I will call something doing the looking. Anything you label it whether it's as ordinary as I, or as "grand' as awareness it is not it.

This is what I am noticing & it get's really subtle. You are stuck in seeing that there is "nobody here" so to speak but you are conceptualizing it. Notice when you say "Who are you asking to look" the subtle belief hidden under that is almost like saying "There is nobody here so who is going to do the looking". But nobody is a concept too, is it not? "
Notice this carefully in your own experience:

Look for this self as I asked you to do previously. Is there someone looking? Or is looking itself just happening."

Yes, it is perfectly conceivable that LOOKING is just occurring.

There is no need for a self.

The head has eyes that see regardless.

Let me intellectualise a little here because that is what is going on now.

I'm trying to make sense of this before I look again at what is going on.

The senses provide input to the brain.

The brain processes those inputs and provides a 3D presentation, complete with its interpretation of the other senses as well, providing a convincing presentation of a physical experience in the universe.

Then the mind comments on what is happening, telling a story about a supposed me, and what is happening to me, and what it means. Based on previous experiences and beliefs.

Emotions may be generated in accordance with whether the thoughts judged it good or bad.

This builds up a VERY CONVINCING appearance of a separate self experiencing in the physical universe.

But, the thoughts are just thoughts.

Although they do cause the body to move at least sometimes.

There is NO NEED for an "I" to DO any of those things.

OK. I got that off my chest. Back to business.

I think I got it.

I already had it, I think, but I was just confused because LOOKING as in physical eyes, felt like witness/awareness/presence/being to me.

I think this was because I have watched a lot of Non-Dual videos for the last 2 years.

When they describe witness/awareness/presence/being, or something like that, I associated that with what it feels like to be just LOOKING without thought.

I did feel like I had 3 radical breakthroughs recently.

I mean with tingly light happy laughing experience.

The first was realizing that the body moves automatically.

The second was noticing thoughts come automatically one by one.

The third was noticing that the "I" thought referred to nothing.

I was just stuck on certainty because of this awareness idea.

What do you think?

I feel fairly confident.

Time will tell.

codyjdennis

Postby codyjdennis » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:08 am

You seem pretty clear but we will go a little deeper here.
The head has eyes that see regardless.
Can you know in your own direct experience of "eyes" and a "head"?
Yes, it is perfectly conceivable that LOOKING is just occurring.
That's not really answering the question.
Is there something looking. Or is there just looking. It's not a maybe or it's possible. Closer to a yes or no. Really look closely at it.
There is no need for a self.
There is NO NEED for an "I" to DO any of those things.
It's not that there is no need. It's that there isn't a self.
LOOKING as in physical eyes,
Looking as were referring to it (if I were to describe it) is bringing attention into direct experience where you are without a doubt... and then seeing if there is actually a self or not. Or any thought for that matter.
I think this was because I have watched a lot of Non-Dual videos for the last 2 years.
That'll do it.
Something I tell people is trust your own experience. Look deep into your own experience. This way it is your own experience. Not words from a secondary source.

I have class tomorrow so my posts will be a little slower. Might be more like one or two posts. Just giving you the heads up.

rvh

Postby rvh » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:20 am

Yes, thanks for picking that up Cody.

Really well done!

I think my mind wanted an easy way out.

It was trying to get "me" to not look properly :-)))

Thanks for not letting it win LOL.

"I have class tomorrow so my posts will be a little slower. Might be more like one or two posts. Just giving you the heads up."

No problem at all.

REALLY Appreciate your help.

I have spent DECADES meditating at times 6-8 hours per day.

And researched and practiced so many esoteric techniques that I wouldn't even try and list them.

All a huge waste of time in the light of this knowledge.

A little more time will be nothing at all :-)))

Thanks again and have a good day

rvh

Return to “ARCHIVES”