OKness

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Tigger

OKness

Postby Tigger » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:05 pm

HI, my name is Todd Welden. Lauguage is not my strong suit which might make this a challenge. 60 years old , married with a beautiful 23 year old son. Grew up outdoors, started sitting in ’88. Have a Naturopath, acupuncture and cranopathic practice. Read the book 6 months ago and it resonated deeply. Been reading the quotes for some time. It feels close and ready to get started. Tw

Angelika

Re: OKness

Postby Angelika » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:01 pm

Hello Tigger,

A warm welcome to Liberation Unleashed forum! :)

How can I call you? Would it be Tigger, or Tw, or do you prefer to be called Todd?

My name is Angelika and I offer to be your guide. :)

Did you read the disclaimer yet?

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Please confirm.

Thank you very much,

Angelika

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:55 pm

Hello Angelika,
Thank you for the welcoming. Todd is just fine and pleased you will be guiding me.
Yes, I have read the disclaimer and it appears to be quite clear.
As I mentioned language is not my strong suit so hang there.
Shall we begin?
Todd

Angelika

Postby Angelika » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:23 pm

Hello Todd,

Yes, we shall. :)

Here are the general rules we go by:
  • 1. Post at least once a day, if you cannot post, or need more time, let me know.

2. Be 100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

3. Answer only from direct experience (felt senses and observed thoughts). Longwinded
    analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress.

4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies and such for the remainder of this investigation.

Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily and
    essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.

5. Understand that I will be guiding you, rather than teaching you, and the more you put into this process the more you will get out of it.
Do you agree to use these rules?

Angelika

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:45 pm

Yes

Angelika

Postby Angelika » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:55 pm

Fine. : ) Thanks, Todd!

Here is another bit of usefull information to read through.
  • About posting in this forum.

1. When clicking 'Quote' (in a post) or 'Post Reply' at the bottom of the page you get the editor where you can type an answer. You can also preview the answer before it is posted. Experiment as much as needed. Nothing gets posted unless the 'Submit' button is clicked.

2. The forum can log you out without warning. If you're typing a post directly in the edit box here, and you get logged out before you click Submit, your words can get lost. There are two ways to avoid this. One, use the Preview button frequently. That will keep you logged in. Or two, type your responses in a separate program like Notepad first, then copy and paste them into the forum. (But that way you don't get to use the quote function and have to use BBCode to highlight quotes.)

3. Please learn to use the 'Quote' facility, it's a very useful tool.

4. Please click the 'subscribe topic' link at the very bottom of the page to ensure you get an email whenever a reply comes in.

... ... ...

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:04 pm

Yes

You may have already received a Yes from my home computer but I am reconfirming and logon from my laptop which I will be using over the next several days traveling. My apologies now if for some reason I am without internet Monday, Tuesday. I will be at out at the edge of the radar reception but I don't anticipate a problem with our communication. Thanks for your understanding. todd

Angelika

Postby Angelika » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Thank you very much for letting me know. :)

And here is the first set of questions, I invite you to answer.
  • What are your expectations for seeing through the illusion of the self?

How will life change?

How will you change?

What will be different?
Please sit with these questions, take your time, look,
and write down in detail (as good as you can) what you found.

No expectation is too small to ignore. :)

And have a fine trip!

Angelika

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:47 pm

Thank you very much for letting me know. :)

And here is the first set of questions, I invite you to answer.

What are your expectations for seeing through the illusion of the self?

Confounding question: The expectation of Seeing through the self on the one hand, there is the experiencing of I-ness, it doesn’t expect anything or need any attention. It’s immaculate. On the other, the self does to some degree of course have expectations. Me will be better at this or Me can accomplish that etc..

The end of the reaching either outward or inward. Although, the matter of the heart feels otherwise. It needs an intensity to be met. An accounting for the longing is what I feel from it to know ItSelf. When It finds ItSelf - not much to say.

How will life change?

A calm abiding Intimacy with life, all kinds of life. Interaction, connection. Unabashed discovery, simple fearlessness ( you know I stole that one but its true). Not just glimpses into seeing and knowing but the firm compelling home bound free fall.

How will you change?

I don’t know realistically. Maybe don’t care on some level. At this moment when I allow, acknowledge and invite a shift from self to non separation it brings a dramatic change in my perception, attitude and feeling, I operate from an entirely different dimension of well being. I have ideas that I wish would come true in my present illusion, of course. Patterns, painful patterns of avoidance and addiction ( no substances) that I strategize to alleviate. Change: no more strategizes. No need.

To be kinder to myself in all ways and then more benefit to others (MySelf)

What will be different?

Realize what I can change and what I can’t.

Please let me know if its too cryptic. This is the way I think - Old habit.

Please sit with these questions, take your time, look,
and write down in detail (as good as you can) what you found.

No expectation is too small to ignore. :)

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:21 pm

Read pages of “quotes” last night instead of my usual book reading before bed. Deepening distilled pleasure, Chi, ran through me just before falling asleep. Sleep like a little kid. It’s the simple things that make all the difference as I get older.
A good amount of what I would refer to as “shake and bake” going on these last months. Wide swings or vacillations between archaic ecstasy and barrages of old thought patterns and memories unknotting. Mostly uncomfortable. Happened before when things were preparing to shift.
Beginning to see more clearly how gross and subtle added sticky projected valves, thoughts concepts are put onto everything. Places, people, things, other thoughts. Especially, when I dream at night. Tons of unconscious material mixed in. Not really disturbing just obvious and let it go back to the field it came from.

Grateful for the process. Really quite remarkable and some results so quickly. I will be elated to have this stick.

Thanks,
todd

Angelika

Postby Angelika » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Hello Todd, :)

I believe we are in different time zones, which might be a cause for an apparent delay at times. :)

Thank you very much for your detailed answers and the fine portrayal of what is happening there with you!

To have a fresh beginning we shall put your answers aside for now and move straight to the first investigation on the illusion of a separate self.

May I kindly remind you to sit and look at what is arising, as you read the statement. In direct experience we focus on physical sensations, any felt sense, emotions, thoughts + images, or anything else which might appear.

If thoughts, or concepts arise please note them, by giving them a little mental note like "concept", "thought" and notice what else is happening as they arise.

In direct experience we do not analyse concepts & thoughts, we simply notice and note them. :)

• Here we go:

There is no "I", no "self" to be found. Nowhere. There never was an "I", a "self."
    This is an investigation. I invite you to look directly at whatever arises and describe it all as clearly as you can!

All the best!

Enjoy!

Angelika

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:17 pm

Thanks, maybe different time zones. MST USA. Will let you know about the pointing instructions.

Angelika

Postby Angelika » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Great! Thanks!

CET Germany. :)

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:32 pm

I notice; thoughts sometimes as a single event or sometimes as a collective but not quite as a concept. When I notice concepts they a more like congealed thoughts. Sensations arise and some have locations in or on the body others without specific locations. Emotions come and go- often as an solid phenomena in the body at the end of a chain reaction beginning with a felt sensation from the brain first then into a feeling then into a quantifiable event. Very interest to notice images specifically. I hadn't really ever deliberately used that instruction before. They come and go like the rest.

Historically and presently, I don't have a very well developed "on/off" switch, no dimmer. Once I started the noticing or point out instructions it went through the night. Very little sleep. I did notice that.

Hope all is well,
    tw

Angelika

Postby Angelika » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:28 pm

Hello Todd,
    Historically and presently, I don't have a very well developed "on/off" switch, no dimmer. Once I started the noticing or point out instructions it went through the night. Very little sleep. I did notice that.
    First of all I am very sorry to hear this.

When you will be in bed tonight, please return to the following statement,
    There is no "I", no "self" to be found. Nowhere. There never was an "I", a "self."

Take the body as a reference point, a field for observation. Please keep records, keywords will do. :)

As you are with this statement; There is no "I", no "self" to be found. Nowhere. There never was an "I", a "self,"
    • what catches your attention first?
      Something physical?
      An emotion?
      Thoughts?
      Habits?
    • Can you perhaps detect restlessness?
      How does it show?
      What does it feel like? Is it a pleasant feeling, or is it an unpleasant feeling?
      Where does it start, where does it end?
      Can you perhaps notice resistance arising against the restlessness?
    Once I started the noticing or point out instructions it went through the night.
    • Please describe in detail how this works. What is happening, look directly, write it down.
    Thank you very much!
    All the best!

Angelika

Return to “ARCHIVES”