HI I'm looking for a guide preferably from Triratna

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
DaveP123

HI I'm looking for a guide preferably from Triratna

Postby DaveP123 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:05 am

Considering having a go. Looks interesting and challenging , request for an OM from Triratna regards
Sangharaja

Mad biker

Re: HI I'm looking for a guide preferably from Triratna

Postby Mad biker » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:46 am

OK I fit your bill and will be happy to kick off at lunch time.
See you back here then.
Mb

Mad biker

Postby Mad biker » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:16 pm

Right, let's cover Time Zones: Right now I'm in England, Britain on their lil'ole GMT. Are you the same?

OK, lets get the formalities out of the way :

If you haven't already seen it, there is introductory info here, the disclaimer and a short video too.
http://www.liberationunleashed.com/
If you could confirm you have seen all the above and would like me to be your guide - then we
shall begin.

There are a few ground rules, please respond to confirm:
1. You agree to post at least once a day.
2. In general, the guide will ask the questions for you to respond to
3. Responses require your utmost honesty
4. Responses are best from direct experience (felt senses and observed thoughts). Longwinded
analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress.
5. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies and such for the remainder of this investigation.
Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily and
essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.
6. Please learn to use the quote function; instructions are located in the link below this line:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=660”
Metta,
Mb

DaveP123

Postby DaveP123 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:59 pm

HI Mb
Thank you for responding,sorry couldn't make lunch time.
I confirm all the above,
I am looking forward, if slightly nervous to the process
Metta
Sangharaja

DaveP123

Postby DaveP123 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Oh yes I am in England too

Mad biker

Postby Mad biker » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:07 am

Considering having a go. Looks interesting and challenging
This has just caught my eye.
You have to really want this, but not in some headcase athlete sense, just a solid enough, 8 out of 10 is all I need to see here. The above quote sounds a bit less committed than what I need to see.

Just give me an 8 and off we go!
Mb

DaveP123

Postby DaveP123 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:35 am

Mad biker

Postby Mad biker » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:25 am

Love it!
Back later.

Mad biker

Postby Mad biker » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:29 pm

1. You might find it helpful to click the 'subscribe topic' link at the bottom of the page, so you know when I post a reply

2. The site has a nasty habit of logging you out while you write a reply, which can mean you lose what you have written. One way to avoid this is to write elsewhere, then just paste the message into the 'reply' window when you're ready to send.
Or you can just press copy before sending so that you already have it safe.

Please could you introduce yourself a little, particularly:

* what brings you to Liberation Unleashed?
* what do you hope to get out of the journey?
* what would you expect it to be like if you are successful?

Be as expansive as you want, hey just cut loose! But ALWAYS give me fully written, complete sentences in plain English with no words missing, no triple dots (...) no abbreviations and little, or better still, no slang terms or figures of speech, as the all of the latter can impede comprehension.

For the same reason it can be worth leaving aside idiosyncratic humour. I like a laugh like the best of them but the limitations of this medium are such that all of the above can slow things down in the comprehension department, leading to a number of posts written simply to clear-up misunderstandings!

Poor spelling is just absolutely fine though.

No let's go!
With much warmth.
Mb

DaveP123

Postby DaveP123 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:56 pm

Hello Mb Good questions
I have been a practicing buddhist since the early 90s
I got involved for the meditation and peace of mind (dealing with a lot of guilt and low self worth)
Buddhism itself was not on the agenda but gradually over time I got to understand a bit of what it is all about.
Year1998 I got ordained and given the name Sangharaja which I love to use if others are willing.
Now 25 years later after many retreats and study groups feel like I am on to something
recently been led on direct experience sessions and have had a few break throughs
such as having no thinker to the thoughts.
Recently I have met fellow members of our group who are involved in Liberation unleashed
Looking for the self /me and not finding it and when I think I have its yet another sensation that is labelled me.
Think the main fear is if I am not in control how am I going to get things done.
I have used the Sedona method a lot. It gets you to welcome the phenomena , any wanting to change it and welcoming any wanting to take it personally. This has been useful to getting a sense of things coming in to being and going.

From the journey I would like to gain a deeper understanding and experience of Anatman .

When I am successful I imagine the mind would be spacious with phenomena coming and going unheeded by a grasping self. A lot of Joy and to cause less suffering to myself and others.

thats all for now
look forward to your reply
PS I am a bit of a mad biker (cyclist) too.

regards Sangharaja

Mad biker

Postby Mad biker » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:28 am

Sudden bereavement on the cards, (not close so no worries!) but called away 'til probably Monday doing family supportetc.
Mb

Mad biker

Postby Mad biker » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Your expectations sound fine. There Is not necessarily more joy, though there is often major hilarity at the end when people break through because insight is so breathtakingly uncomplicated and completely different from what they thought it was going to be like. The latter is not an exclamation it is simply a statistical fact which it's handy to remember as it can assist recognition when the kit hits the can.

I want to start by asking you this:

Is there, or was there ever, a separate self-entity, 'me' or 'I' in any way, shape or form?

Also tell me anything else that comes up for you when you consider this question.
Mb

DaveP123

Postby DaveP123 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi MB
Sorry to hear of the sudden bereavement, I hope all goes well with the support.
Is there, or was there ever, a separate self-entity, 'me' or 'I' in any way, shape or form?
my sense is there is not and never has been a me or I , yet I am met with an uncomfortableness and a voice which is
quite angry “what about my achievements that I am proud of and make who I am. If I let go who will I be and what a waste”
I fear annihilation of everything that I have become through struggle and being clever. Furthermore that my achievements are there to offset a sense of being a nobody and unimportant person.
Also I have been proud of my body through being an athlete and proud of the fitness health and self worth I have gained through.
Wow this is a strong holding on, yet holding a view in the back ground that this too is an illusion (the story of who I am in response to inadequacy )
Yes a resistance to acknowledging that there is a separate entity.

Had a scary dream Saturday night, a successful friend wasn't talking to me I turned away to go into a shrine room and there was a dark presence that felt familiar, I woke with a start shouting out( according to my wife),
So this has ruffled me this question as I expect the question and dream are related.
am letting the question stay with me
Sangharaja

Mad biker

Postby Mad biker » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Really great observation and disclosure here. You are very definitely going to get through to anatta with flying colours, no bother at all! SO just settle in for the ride. It might be a bit bumpy in places but you are plainly going to be completely fit for it I assure you.

There seems to be a mismatch between the content of your last sentence pre-dream and the foregoing paragraph?

And do proof read each post before sending to save me guessing OK?

You are not going to lose anything with this process. You never HAD a self in the first place. I will simply be drawing more and more attention to that. Insight just gives you perspective on the way things are. You don't lose your skills or personality, your pals will still recognise you.

My capitals are just italics by the way.
More from me later with more connectivity.
Mb

DaveP123

Postby DaveP123 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:30 pm

And do proof read each post before sending to save me guessing OK?
Hi Md thanks for the reply
Yes willproof read, makes sense to me often even when I proof read.
Getting some of this stuff down and then communicating it so others may understand will be challenging but necessary.
Sangharaja

Return to “ARCHIVES”