I sure would like to wake up, Hello.

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Sailor

I sure would like to wake up, Hello.

Postby Sailor » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:49 am

I'm very glad to find this site. Any help would be appreciated greatly.
Sailor

Moonlight

Re: I sure would like to wake up, Hello.

Postby Moonlight » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:40 am

Hi, Sailor. Thanks for posting. I'd love to help :)

First, some basics. I'd like 100% hOnesty from you, otherwise it won't work. No "correct" answers or writing what you've read. Just write honestly from experience. Secondly try to stay focused and post at least once a day. And finally, stay till the end, even if at times, you don't want to.

If you agree to the above, well, let's begin!

So, please tell me, what does a 'self' mean to you? And what are your expectations from this inquiry?

Oh, can I have a first name, if that's ok?
Life...is all there is. Wonderfully ordinary, extraordinarily wonderful.
http://wakingfromdelusion.blogspot.com/

Sailor

Postby Sailor » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:09 am

Hello,
Thank you for your offer of help.
I'm glad to agree with the frame work and my
name is Mike. Please excuse any typos.

Sailor

Postby Sailor » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:17 am

I need to get used to this format, Pardon me.
What I expect? Kind of the experiance one has with those 3d pictures that look like one thing untill you stare long enough and all of a sudden you SEE.
Self is the concious awareness that resides behind my eyes in my head, in my body, in a world.
Thanks
Mike

Moonlight

Postby Moonlight » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:36 pm

OK Mike, thanks.

Let's put aside expectations, and see what happens.

What if I was to tell you that there is NO self, none at all. Your eyes, yes. Your head, yes. Your body, yes. The world, yes. Life, an awareness,yes. You, no, not in any form!

What does that bring up? Please write your feelings, emotions. Thanks.

Sailor

Postby Sailor » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:43 pm

OK Mike, thanks.

Let's put aside expectations, and see what happens.

What if I was to tell you that there is NO self, none at all. Your eyes, yes. Your head, yes. Your body, yes. The world, yes. Life, an awareness,yes. You, no, not in any form!

What does that bring up? Please write your feelings, emotions. Thanks.
Well It makes want to say Thank You. It brings up very positive and happy feelings and elevates me.
I have been prospecting for reality all of my life. I'm a reader and everything I have read and concluded points to
what you are stateing. I'd like to have the experiance of the real.
I still don't understand at the moment but now I believe I will.
So awareness without anyone to be aware. Lets do this. Thanks

Moonlight

Postby Moonlight » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Well, Mike, keep looking and we'll get there!

Right now, in your present experience, can you find an "I" if you look for it? As different thoughts and emotions are experienced, is there anyone behind the experiencing? Can you find him, if he is there?

Can you find the thinker?
Can you find the experiencer?
Can you find the breather?

Sailor

Postby Sailor » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:54 am

Well, Mike, keep looking and we'll get there!

Right now, in your present experience, can you find an "I" if you look for it? As different thoughts and emotions are experienced, is there anyone behind the experiencing? Can you find him, if he is there?

Can you find the thinker?
Can you find the experiencer?
Can you find the breather?
My experiance at work today was a pretty good example of my thinking and experianceing.
I say my because it seems to me that quite a bit of not pleasent feelings that I routinely have had
Are now erased if I stop thinking. It seems to me that I am the one thinking things that do cause me physical tension
because as soon as I stop thinking I experiance relief. It just seems to me that I am a cause and effect.
Not thinking is a new thing for me. Usually before when I tried to not think I was not very successful. I just felt empty and vulnarable, not comfortable. Now I'm learning that not thinking is comfortable and thinking is not.
When I can concentrate and really just look I find quiet and sensation, five senses (maby six).
Thanks

Moonlight

Postby Moonlight » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:26 pm

I am glad you had a good experience with the no thinking bit. It is helpful to 'use the senses' to stay in the body, in the present. We are so used to thinking all the time, we feel if we are not using our mind, then it is time 'wasted' or somehow negative, which of course it is the opposite. But the aim of this inquiry is not to get you into a non thinking state. It is the seeing through the illusion of self, the "I".

Thoughts are like clouds in the sky. They come and go, some staying longer than the others, but they all pass through.
I say my because it seems to me that quite a bit of not pleasent feelings that I routinely have had
Are now erased if I stop thinking. It seems to me that I am the one thinking things that do cause me physical tension
because as soon as I stop thinking I experiance relief. It just seems to me that I am a cause and effect.

This implies that you are able to control your thoughts. Spend some time watching your thoughts. Are they in your control? Do you create them? Where do they come from, and where do they go?

Sailor

Postby Sailor » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:43 pm

Good Morning,
OK paying attention to thoughts will be the theme today. Just an observation, that which is being called awareness
is what I am calling "ME"? So that seems to be the nub here. I've been noticing the motive for getting rid of "ME"
is to be relieved of responsibilities. It is helpful to type this out for me. Kind of clarifies things.
Off to work, will write when I get back.

Sailor

Postby Sailor » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:01 am

This implies that you are able to control your thoughts. Spend some time watching your thoughts. Are they in your control? Do you create them? Where do they come from, and where do they go?[/quote]

They are in my control in the sense that I can choose not to think them. Or focus exclusively on them.
I create them it seems thru my attentions focus. I seem to focus on something and a thought arises related to it.
Seemingly mostly from a pre loaded data bank filled with my previous experiances, prejudices, preferences.
Where they come from and where they go is muddier as it has to do with what in fact are thoughts?
I seems to me that they don't come from anywhere but exist like a sparkle of light that hits your eyes as the ocean
moves in relation to the sun and you. Here and gone in an instant only existing because I experianced it.
Sometimes I have a thought from out of nowhere that leads me in a direction I normally would not take.
But I do take anyway because it is a flowing kind of thing\doing. Anyway it seems that thoughts are an attribute
or a characteristic of what mind is.

Sailor

Postby Sailor » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:38 am

Just posting something that i'm wondering about. If there are eyes, head, body, life\awareness but no trace of a "ME".
Is that a way of saying there is one thing expressed infinantly? Yes I have read such but I have the idea that my dailey experiance is kin to the conciousness I experiance while asleep and dreaming. I have been wondering if God is dreaming and the "I" I think I am has the same identity as everything else in the dream. Therfore no "ME" Just awake in the dreaming or dreaming in the dreaming. But all things always the one mind. One never two.
Thanks for listening.

Sailor

Postby Sailor » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:41 am

Well anyway it's the personal experiance that is the focus here. That is what we all are here for.
To drink from a cup of water and to personally know it is warm or cold.
We are in different time zones, yes?
Thanks

Moonlight

Postby Moonlight » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:12 am

Well Mike, there are many ways to talk about non duallity, which is ONE, or rather, not two, as even 'one' implies there is something other than one. We are going to focus on the gate, so to speak, on seeing through the illusion of self. Once that is done, things kind of fall into place. You will see how it is all life life-ing.

To quote Ilona: "Real is that which does not disappear when you stop believing in it."
They are in my control in the sense that I can choose not to think them. Or focus exclusively on them.
I create them it seems thru my attentions focus. I seem to focus on something and a thought arises related to it.
See if thoughts really are in anyone's control. Really look at the process. How are you choosing to think or not think them. Is that in itself not a thought? There are present circumstances, past experiences, patterns and conditioning of the mind. All these lead to a thought arising. Is there really someone in there 'controlling' what you should focus on, what to decide, etc? Watch it carefully.

If I tell you to raise your hand, what happens? Your mind gives a signal to your hand, your hand goes up. Or a thought arises, I'm not going to do that. Another thought comes up, see, I decided not to do that. Where are you in all that? Is 'I am deciding' in itself not a thought?

Yes, I think different time zones. I am +5 GMT. Sorry for the delays.

Sailor

Postby Sailor » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:34 am

Thanks for your reply.
My response is just kind of blank.
I get self as an illusion as a end point, not there now.
I am not the one who thinks? It seems I AM!

Return to “ARCHIVES”