I want a Guide...I am ready

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
gypsymaggie

I want a Guide...I am ready

Postby gypsymaggie » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Seems like the time has come to be guided to pass the Gateless Gate...I am so excited to finally have the opportunity to confirm what I feel I know about the non-existance of little self, to be free of fears about imaginary thoughts and to experience the peace and joy for no reason. To be able to live life as it is every moment and not get caught in the idea that all should be perfect at all times and that the sensations of anxiety fears engenders when faced with surprised "problem"situations are real at all. Thank you for your response. Truly yours. Margarita

aubergine99

Re: I want a Guide...I am ready

Postby aubergine99 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:51 pm

Hello Marguerita,

Welcome to this site. My name is Brigitte and I am happy to be your guide for the duration.

Please tell me a bit of how you came to LU.

I would ask you to watch the video and read/confirm the disclaimer on Main LU page.

I am based in UK, what about you?

What are your expectations and how will you know they have been realised?

Look forward to your reply.

Best wishes
Brigitte

gypsymaggie

Postby gypsymaggie » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Hi Brigitte, thanks so much for your prompt response and for being my guide. I came to LU while watching a video on YouTube (my favorite pastime lol) from a lady in Hawaii "open spaciousness" and followed the thread to LU, watched most Helena videos and FELT this is something I want to explore. I have read the disclaimer and watched the video.

I am currently living in Guanajuato,Mexico, I travel all over and my "home base" is San Diego,Ca. My time is Central Mtn.Time, right now is 3:45pm, hopefully our difference in time is not too bad.

My main expectation is to EXPERIENCE THE NO SELF ...I think I have explored and practiced enough (23 years) and while I experience the peace and relaxation you guys talk about most of the time, I get triggered still when problematic situations arise. Mostly when something happens to one of my close family members (one son and 3 sisters) or when something unexpected and "dangerous" is presented in daily life.
I would like to get in the "flow of life" 24/7, I know it must be a little too much to ask BUT I believe is possible.For what I read about you guys that have crossed the gate and many.many other seekers who have "awakened" to the Truth.
I really want to experience and confirm my True Nature. The Realization of who I am and who I am not. I know it intellectually and some glimpses experienced but I still feel I am like at the threshold of discovering the final passage of this gateless gate.

aubergine99

Postby aubergine99 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:40 am

Good morning, Margarita

The time difference shouldn’t pose a problem at all. It’s best to post daily if possible to keep up a good momentum which really helps in this enquiry.

As your guide, I will point you where to look in experience but you do the work. As in the Santa story, once the illusion has been seen it cannot be unseen. There are no guarantees of anything post gate but seeing through the illusion of ‘I’ is our main aim and tends to bring on a different life perspective in a good way.

Just a few ground rules, please respond to confirm:

1. You agree to post at least once a day.
2. In general, I will ask the questions for you to respond to
3. Responses require your utmost honesty
4. Responses are best from direct experience (felt senses and observed thoughts). Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress.
5. Please learn to use the quote function as shown in Announcements section at the top of the Guiding Area.

Put aside all other teachings, philosophies etc. for the duration of this investigation. It's fine to read threads in this forum and the Gateless Gatecrashers book.

Finally, here's a couple of helpful points:

1) You can press 'subscribe to this topic' in the blue bar at the bottom of this page and receive a notification email every time I post here.

2) The site has a nasty habit of logging you out while you write a reply, which can mean you lose what you have written. One way to avoid this is to write elsewhere, then just paste the message into the 'reply' window when you're ready to send.

What comes up when you read the following:

You do not exist as a separate entity or self. Nor are you in charge of your life. That is only an illusion.”

I look forward to hearing from you.

Brigitte

gypsymaggie

Postby gypsymaggie » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:17 pm

Dear Brigitte, good morning,

I have read the ground rules you posted, and your instructions and confirm my acceptance to them.

“You do not exist as a separate entity or self. Nor are you in charge of your life. That is only an illusion.”

I feel a great freedom, a burden taken away, and a great desire to let all the illusion go...having looked into this for the last 6 years through another pointer teaching, I find that the moment to moment practice of this understanding is what is needed and so I find it very doable to do the LOOKING and observing most of the time without a problem.It is more sticky when those times of "surprise" problematic situations arise unexpectedly that a feeling (automatic) and a sensation like a kick in the solar plexus happens and the thoughts/story making rushes in with the great need to "solve" the problem/situation. An example is like 3 days ago when my laptop crashed and could not get it to work...as you know we use this tool for communication of all kinds and in my case being away from family, no cell phone(by choice) is my only communication device plus entertainment and most of all learning and sharing with the sanga, community of all who are living this way. So I felt the sensations in the body and the thoughts trying to make sense of it and fix the problem right away.Luckily the functional mind came to the rescue and was able to fix it. This and many other situations in which the "miracles" happen right when is needed confirm the trust that I AM NOT IN CONTROL OF MY LIFE and being the ILLUSION all this is, it does not exist in reality. I know in my DE that it takes what itakes, most of the time just hours, sometimes days, to process what arises, change it if life goes that way, or Accept it if that is the only option and I am mostly ok with that.
The life of this being called Margarita has gone through the dropping away of the many roles and self concepts it once had (the illusions) not by my design but by Life itself. So the daily living is very, very simple.All responsabilities have been taken care of and the enjoyment of a simple lifestyle is what is happening so it makes it easier to have the time, energy and desires of this life to be dedicated to Liberation.

Thanks so much for your dedication. Margarita

aubergine99

Postby aubergine99 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Hello,
I feel a great freedom, a burden taken away, and a great desire to let all the illusion go...having looked into this for the last 6 years through another pointer teaching, I find that the moment to moment practice of this understanding is what is needed and so I find it very doable to do the LOOKING and observing most of the time without a problem.
It’s not so much letting the illusion go but more just seeing the illusion for what it is. Problems are mind made and, post gate, problematic situations will continue to arise. Wish I could tell you different! The difference is that on looking, you will see that thoughts do like their story-making but that is all they do. They cannot affect reality.
The life of this being called Margarita has gone through the dropping away of the many roles and self concepts it once had (the illusions) not by my design but by Life itself.
How perceptive of you to notice that life does its own thing. That you were not in control and the dropping away of roles and concepts happened automatically. Very good noticing!

Time for an exercise in DE.

Observe for 5 minutes and write down in list form everything that you experience, ie. I am watching tv, I can hear a sound from the street, I feel tension in my body etc.

Then repeat the exercise, this time omitting the pronoun ‘I’ ie. watching tv, hearing sound from the street, etc.

Write down whatever occurs.

Let me know what you find, notice any sensations and thoughts that appear. Do you find a difference in the lists? does one way feel more real?

Brigitte x

gypsymaggie

Postby gypsymaggie » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:16 pm

Time for an exercise in DE

I started to practice the Quote function...see if it works..

Exercise on DE: I am looking at clock for the 5min., I am sitting on a hard chair, I am thinking is time for breakfast, I hear the birds chirping outside, I am typing, I am looking at the computer screen, I am thinking how happy this exploration makes me feel, I am looking at the greenery outside the window, my back is tired, I feel i need to get up to stretch. I feel tension in my head.

Without the "I": looking at clock, sitting on a hard chair, thinking is time for breakfast, hearing the birds chirping outside, typing, looking at the computer screen, thinking how happy this exploration makes me feel, looking at the greenery outside the window, back is tired, feel the need to get up to stretch, feel tension in head.

What difference do I feel: The clear seeing that "I" is not doing anything...confirming the experience of Life happening in every action/thought happening...how it all happens spontaneously, without planning by a "me".

aubergine99

Postby aubergine99 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi,
What difference do I feel: The clear seeing that "I" is not doing anything...confirming the experience of Life happening in every action/thought happening...how it all happens spontaneously, without planning by a "me".
Good work, Margarita

Let’s look closely into experience.

Is there an ‘I’ that is looking, hearing, tasting, smelling, touching and thinking?

Look at any object right now.

Focus closely on the experience not thoughts about it.

Is there an ‘I’ doing this or is there just looking?

Is it: I + seeing + object? Can you see 3 components in reality? Do you find separation?

Brigitte x

gypsymaggie

Postby gypsymaggie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:23 am

[quote][/quote]

I have chosen the cat taking a nap. NO I do not see/feel an "i" doing the looking, JUST the looking.

No, I do not see any separation in reality of the 3 components. Really just the looking.

I notice that as long as there is not judgement/labeling of the object there is nothing else to talk about it, just the looking itself. In other words, not thinking about it. And a question arises: Is there only silence (absence of words and thoughts) the end of this game of life?????

Many thanks.Margarita

aubergine99

Postby aubergine99 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Lovely answer.
I notice that as long as there is not judgement/labeling of the object there is nothing else to talk about it, just the looking itself.
Good noticing how thoughts always label and judge but reality is what it is (including thoughts), but not their contents.
I have chosen the cat taking a nap.
Did you choose the cat? Or was it a random choice or did a thought pop up saying it would make a good choice? Why cat and not chair? Take a good look at this process. Is there a 'you' choosing or is there just choosing?

On a count of 5, please raise either your left or right hand. How did the choice come about? Can you spot the moment choice was made?
And a question arises: Is there only silence (absence of words and thoughts) the end of this game of life?????
Silence sounds good - with no-one to hear it!

Brigitte x

gypsymaggie

Postby gypsymaggie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:07 pm

Did you choose the cat? Or was it a random choice or did a thought pop up saying it would make a good choice? Why cat and not chair? Take a good look at this process. Is there a 'you' choosing or is there just choosing?

In DE first the eyes went to a tree moving by the wind...then the eyes rested in the cat...there was not a preference for either one I noticed AND really the choice was at random, like a response to the instruction to pick an object you gave me...more like an automatic response rather than a deliberate choice by anyone or anything.

On a count of 5, please raise either your left or right hand. How did the choice come about? Can you spot the moment choice was made?
The choice was immediately made to raise the right hand after reading your instruction and at the count of 5...Only after rereading your question about spotting the moment choice was made it was the realization that this question of choosing came AFTER the action happened and not before. I have been noticing this more often when the attention is placed in DE during the day...the other day for example I was peeling a piece of garlic for dinner and everything just came to a very still point of focus in the action itself and the insight came: Is this action of peeling the garlic what Reality is all about??? can it be this simple AND ordinary??? seemed like the whole world stopped (including thoughts and interpretations or judgements)and the whole universe was just "peeling the garlic"...Maybe what this character is looking for is just the confirmation of how awakened it really is, and forgetting all the stories written and talked about from the "awakened ones", comparing mine with theirs and thinking of the "big event" ...when in reality and DE it could be a "non-event" as well lol, not fireworks or big bang, just simple, ordinary insights like the peeling the garlic!! with no one doing it!!!or for no one!!!
Have a great day my dear Guide.

aubergine99

Postby aubergine99 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:15 pm

Good evening, Margarita

Hope you are having a good day.
The choice was immediately made to raise the right hand after reading your instruction and at the count of 5...Only after rereading your question about spotting the moment choice was made it was the realization that this question of choosing came AFTER the action happened and not before.
Yes, good observation but seldom noticed without mindfulness.
I have been noticing this more often when the attention is placed in DE during the day...the other day for example I was peeling a piece of garlic for dinner and everything just came to a very still point of focus in the action itself and the insight came: Is this action of peeling the garlic what Reality is all about??? can it be this simple AND ordinary??? seemed like the whole world stopped (including thoughts and interpretations or judgements)and the whole universe was just "peeling the garlic"...
Reality is the full deal – in all its diversity. Simple, ordinary, complex, extraordinary.
Maybe what this character is looking for is just the confirmation of how awakened it really is, and forgetting all the stories written and talked about from the "awakened ones", comparing mine with theirs and thinking of the "big event" ...when in reality and DE it could be a "non-event" as well lol, not fireworks or big bang, just simple, ordinary insights like the peeling the garlic!! with no one doing it!!!or for no one!!!
Absolutely – When the peeling of garlic is occurring, that’s the experience, the only reality.

There are a lot of misconceptions about reality out there! Thoughts only point to reality but never are that. But you only need to look in DE to see what is real.

Can a character awaken? Or is that just thoughts about someone that could awaken?

Are you in control of thoughts?

Can you stop a thought from coming?

Can you stop it in the middle?

Do you know what the next thought will be?

Can you choose to only have happy thoughts?

Is "I" a different thought from the thought of say, a table?

Can a thought think?

Sending love
Brigitte

gypsymaggie

Postby gypsymaggie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:39 pm

In DE first the eyes went to a tree moving by the wind...then the eyes rested in the cat...there was not a preference for either one I noticed AND really the choice was at random, like a response to the instruction to pick an object you gave me...more like an automatic response rather than a deliberate choice by anyone or anything.

The choice was immediately made to raise the right hand after reading your instruction and at the count of 5...Only after rereading your question about spotting the moment choice was made it was the realization that this question of choosing came AFTER the action happened and not before. I have been noticing this more often when the attention is placed in DE during the day...the other day for example I was peeling a piece of garlic for dinner and everything just came to a very still point of focus in the action itself and the insight came: Is this action of peeling the garlic what Reality is all about??? can it be this simple AND ordinary??? seemed like the whole world stopped (including thoughts and interpretations or judgements)and the whole universe was just "peeling the garlic"...Maybe what this character is looking for is just the confirmation of how awakened it really is, and forgetting all the stories written and talked about from the "awakened ones", comparing mine with theirs and thinking of the "big event" ...when in reality and DE it could be a "non-event" as well lol, not fireworks or big bang, just simple, ordinary insights like the peeling the garlic!! with no one doing it!!!or for no one!!!
Have a great day my dear Guide.
No, a character can not awaken...because it is an illusion of a character.
No they just come

I have trouble with the quote function...The answer to all the questions about thoughts is No...thoughts just come, I can not change them, cut them inthe middle.

The "I" thought is the same as the "table" thought...they are just images in the bundle of illusory thoughts in the mind.

aubergine99

Postby aubergine99 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:53 pm

No, a character can not awaken...because it is an illusion of a character.
Good. So can you see there is no ‘I’, character or Margarita that can awaken? When looking, all that is seen are thoughts about someone awakening. Just observe the thoughts. They can’t affect anything. Watch them, come and go, like clouds in the sky.
I have trouble with the quote function...The answer to all the questions about thoughts is No...thoughts just come, I can not change them, cut them in the middle.
I tend to copy previous conversation into a word document, make amendments and additions and then paste into new post. Then highlight questions you are replying to and press quote. Then preview document before submission.

It’s a good idea, when possible, to take a walk and observe nature all around. Look at the weather conditions. What makes rain fall? Clouds move? Wind blow? Are they not occurring naturally as a result of existing conditions?

Look at the flow of traffic. Look at the flow of water in a stream. Does ithey decide to flow at a certain speed or in a certain way?

Watch animals do what they do. Spontaneously reacting to the environment. Are ‘you’ any different?

Keep noticing in DE when you can and keep looking for an ‘I’ that is doing or thinking about anything.

Let me know what you find and don’t hesitate to raise any questions.

You are doing great, by the way.

Sending love
Brigitte

gypsymaggie

Postby gypsymaggie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi Brigitte,
Thanks for kindly understanding my "quote"function error. Computer functions take a while to sink in. I did not grow up with computers like the new generations!! I will try my best to do it right...PATIENCE RIGHT? IT IS JUST WHAT IT IS RIGHT THIS MOMENT!!lesson learned.

I have just come back from my daily walk. Yes it is one of the activities I enjoy very much, and in nature when possible is the best. I was really into DE all the time while doing it, and right in the middle of sitting in a bench under a tree, guess what? I got pooped by a bird enjoying its DE experience above me in a branch lol... the thought came: what a perfect example of nature doing what it does when conditions appear like you mention in your question/statement. Yes, under proper conditions arranged by life itself, anything can happen in any moment...no controller at all...By the way I have had the most exquisite experiences in nature...when exploring this kind of observing...both ways, what we can label good and bad, depending on who is doing the labeling. Like having a snake next to where I was sitting resting in the desert shade one day!!

[quote][/quote]

In doing DE practice while walking a thought came: Isn't the desire for Liberation since coming from the illusory "I" thought another story in the stream of life expressed in this organism called Margarita? and if so, seeing it is just another illusion, should not that be the en of exploration????? Crossing the Gate, just another story in thought? since there is no one to cross???

Much love for your patience Brigitte. The day just turned more lovely by this exchange.Thanks for all your efforts and energy spent in this work. Margarita

Return to “ARCHIVES”