A guide would be appreciated!

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
intothenow

A guide would be appreciated!

Postby intothenow » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi!
I would appreciate a guide. Please, if you are ready and available, contact me.
Thank you in advance!!!
:)

eyeman

Re: A guide would be appreciated!

Postby eyeman » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:28 am

Hello, my name is Mike, wonderful to have you here and it would be a pleasure to guide you.

A few ground rules -

1. Post at least once a day, if you cannot post, or need more time, let me know.
2. Be 100% honest in your answers and inquiry.
3. Answer from personal experience only.
4. Read the disclaimer on the Liberation Unleashed main page - http://www.liberationunleashed.com/

Understand that I will be guiding you, rather than teaching you, and the more you put into this process the more you will get out of it.

If you are happy to agree to the above, let me know and we can begin right away. Perhaps you could give me a short history of what has brought you here, and what your expectations of 'liberation' are?

Mike :-)

intothenow

Postby intothenow » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi Mike,

Thank you for offering your guidance.

I am ready to start the journey.

History of what has brought me here:
about a year ago someone asked me, " look at the tree and tell me what do you see." I described the tree in its physical form. Then I was asked again to look beyond the tree and tell what I can see. I must admit that, I couldn't see there anything. It was a relief in a way but on the other hand many questions arose in my mind.
This is reason I'm here. I want to finish the "story".

Expectations:
Hm, I don't have any. But want I truly want is to learn how to be in the "flow", see things which are unseen, or not to see things, sense things. "TO KNOW"

eyeman

Postby eyeman » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Hiya and thanks for your response.

Please where possible post at least once a day while we're going through this process, the reason for this is that building up a momentum of 'looking' directly at your experience can help to make the process far simpler.

Also, during the course of this dialogue, it would be good for you to avoid any books, teaching or study (just until this is completed), it's not problem to continue any meditation practice you currently have.

So with the formalities out of the way, let's jump straight in and begin :-)

Consider the following statement -

Nothing exists outside the present moment.

Take a little time to consider that statement throughout your daily life. Look and consider it in different situations, and see if you can actually find anything outside the present moment.

Have fun with that one,

Mike.

intothenow

Postby intothenow » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi Mike,

Like this, "formalities out of the way." Thank you.

"Nothing exists outside the present moment." Yes, nothing exist.
Unfortunately most of the time we are not in presence, hm... we are and are not. What I mean, our mind is wondering in the past and in the future so we forget about the moment. Still learning how to be in the present as I believe there is no more than the present moment. The rest is just the game of the mind.

eyeman

Postby eyeman » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:26 pm

Hiya :-)

Thanks for your response:
"Nothing exists outside the present moment." Yes, nothing exist.
Unfortunately most of the time we are not in presence, hm... we are and are not. What I mean, our mind is wondering in the past and in the future so we forget about the moment. Still learning how to be in the present as I believe there is no more than the present moment. The rest is just the game of the mind.
When you say 'most of the time we are not in presence', what do you mean by 'we'?

'What I mean, our mind is wandering' etc... Again what is it that 'means' this and who's mind is wondering?

' I believe there is no more than the present moment', what is it that believes this?

All of the above questions point to one main question here, what is this 'self' that is being talked about - please look now and see what comes up, take your time if need be but explain as fully as you can what you 'see' when you look for this self.

Thanks

intothenow

Postby intothenow » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:56 pm

HI Mike,

Very good questions. You made me realised that my previous message doesn't make any sense.
I find it very difficult to answer these questions, but will try my best.

1. When you say 'most of the time we are not in presence', what do you mean by 'we'?
2. " who's mind is wondering?

1. we - i was talking generally about humans
2. the humans' one. In bigger picture .....hm.....

3. ' I believe there is no more than the present moment', what is it that believes this?
More I think about these question,more I see that I can't answer them.

"what is this 'self' that is being talked about? "
Self - definitely not the mind and body. soul? the soul is not the self either. If the self doesn't exist then everything is an illusion. but illusion of whom?

confusion:((((

eyeman

Postby eyeman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Hiya :-)

Let's get rid of that confusion and sort it all out once and for all!

By using the direct pointing at what 'is' we can separate what is Real from what is just imagined. Here we are purely looking at what you KNOW to be true in this present moment and avoiding any form of speculation. It's vital that you actually DO the exercises we'll go through rather than 'imagine' them being done (especially when it's a physical exercise).

Thoughts are real, they happen, but the content of thoughts are not

Please respond with what comes up when looking at your own direct experience (try not to get into thinking about this intellectually)

intothenow

Postby intothenow » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi Mike,

Thank you for pointing out that I intellectualise things.

I must admit I found the exercise what you gave me difficult.
Exercise:
"Thoughts are real, they happen, but the content of thoughts are not"

At the beginning it was difficult to break through the thought. My mind was telling me, "if the context is not real how can a thought be real? The context belong to the thought, so they are complete." I was telling myself, just look, look, look..... so this is the outcome.

I saw that the context of the thoughts are coming and going, lots of nonsense was/is happening in my mind. So, are they true? not. I think I can call them entertainers of unreal world. :) They can become true if I allow them. Now you will ask me, who is I? ....I have no answer to it.

Mike, if would ask me, if I still have the question of knowing the difference between thoughts and context, I don't. Still, I don't know the difference, but I don't want to know it any more.

Mike, I need your help. You were talking about physical exercises. What do you mean? To me they are not physical exercises. Could I ask you to be more specific time to time? It would help me to mentally process your thoughts. Yes, I know, you are right, I need to look not to think. Trying....

Thanks,

eyeman

Postby eyeman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:39 am

Hiya,

Before we continue, it's been mentioned a couple of times that this is a process that will only work if there is regular daily responses. Are you able to post at least once a day?

Thanks

intothenow

Postby intothenow » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi Mike,
Yes,I can.
Thanks

eyeman

Postby eyeman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:58 pm

Hiya, thanks for agreeing to post at least once a day :-)

Some of the exercises that you'll be given will be non physical but many will require you to physically do something.
Mike, if would ask me, if I still have the question of knowing the difference between thoughts and context, I don't. Still, I don't know the difference, but I don't want to know it any more.
For this enquiry, you do need to know the difference here between 'thought' and 'thought content'.

Thoughts really DO happen, if you look at your experience right now and sit for only a short time, you WILL experience thoughts coming and going directly, in this way we are able to say that thoughts are real, you are able to experience them right here and right now if you look.

Thought content is different in this respect. Let's take a closer look:

Please imagine a food item such as an apple that you know you have perhaps in a different room, imagine how it feels, it's weight, texture, how it looks, it's colour, perhaps it has a smell? Then imagine eating that food, how it feels in your mouth and when being swallowed. Please write down what happens in your experience.

Next, go and find the real food object and do this for real this time, feel it, see it, eat it. Please write down what happens and in what way the two experiences are different.

Thanks

intothenow

Postby intothenow » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi Mike,

Sorry Mike, I have been very busy lately. Things are going to slow down in the near future.

As I's imagining the texture, weight etc. of the food item I could see that they're there in my memory but I couldn't feel them physically. Eating was more flowing and light than during the physical exercise. Also it filled me a little bit physically. Somehow it felt more deep, more connected than during the physical eating.

During eating physically - my senses were active, I could feel, sense, taste, smell the food item and yet imagining it I felt more connected to it.

Thanks,

eyeman

Postby eyeman » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:13 am

As I's imagining the texture, weight etc. of the food item I could see that they're there in my memory but I couldn't feel them physically. Eating was more flowing and light than during the physical exercise. Also it filled me a little bit physically. Somehow it felt more deep, more connected than during the physical eating.

During eating physically - my senses were active, I could feel, sense, taste, smell the food item and yet imagining it I felt more connected to it.
The above is a little unclear, are you able to see the difference between what is REAL and what is IMAGINED?
What is real can be experienced directly here and now through the senses, the difference is quite distinct.

intothenow

Postby intothenow » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi Mike,

ok, let me be more clear.
Imagining - here I don't experience things directly. so, it's just an illusion. so it's not real. I imagined eating a food item. It happened only in my thoughts.

Physical experience - it's a direct experience when my senses were active. So, it's real.

Mike, I have a question. Yes, it's not real, but still, how is it possible I felt a little full after imagining eating the food item? So, even though I didn't experienced it directly, the thought was able to fill my stomach in. Yes, it was an illusion a I just imagined it but it worked physically too.

Thanks,

I look forward to your answer.

Return to “ARCHIVES”