Wanted: Seeing eye Guide

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
olbuds

Wanted: Seeing eye Guide

Postby olbuds » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:13 pm

I would like the unleashing of liberation to begin; please help

Pallavi

Re: Wanted: Seeing eye Guide

Postby Pallavi » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:12 am

Hi olbuds (if I may call you that),

I'd be happy to help!

Have you read our disclaimer?

Just a few ground rules from my side:

1) Try as much to reply at least once a day to keep the momentum going.
2) Keep away all philosophies and practices that you have been engaging with, just for the process- it's best to come in with an open mind. If you meditate you may continue with that.
3) Try to keep your answers concise, but don't sacrifice clarity for brevity.

I'll be trying to help you in every way possible, sometimes giving you exercises to do and sometimes questions to answer. Please try and answer to the best of your ability. If you are unable to do an exercise, or unable to answer a question, it's ok to say you don't know.

That's all. If you're ok with these we can continue :)

olbuds

Postby olbuds » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:27 pm

Pallavi, I sent a reply thru the subscribe topic icon, if you did not receive it please let me know.

Pallavi

Postby Pallavi » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi, nope I didn't receive it

olbuds

Postby olbuds » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Pallavi, I suspect you did not receive my reply. I have read the disclaimer and the parameters on your post and will comply with all. You can call me Steve. OlBuds is a family nickname that my grandkids call me. I use on many of my internet locations I frequent that require a password or such as It's easy to remember. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Pallavi

Postby Pallavi » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:09 pm

Alright Steve :)

What brought you to LU?

Tell me a bit about your journey.

What are your expectations from this process?

Also just wanted to know, what time zone are you in?

olbuds

Postby olbuds » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Pallavi, For most of my life I have felt incomplete, and have tried to "find God" but formal religions never resonated; I never truly believed. I started reading books on meditation and consciousness; this path felt right. Then I started listening to brain-wave entrainment audio. This led to twice daily meditations and reading book after book. A few weeks ago I read a book " The Lazy Man's Guide to Enlightenment". The author said that his words were pointing to what we truly were and after reading GateCrashers I now know of what he wrote, there is no self. I thought this would move me some way, but it hasn't. I get it mentally but am not sure if I have gotten it experientally (sic). I read reviews on the books I select to learn of other books within the same field, that's I came upon LU, and have read about half of GateC. I'm not really sure of my expectations. From the readings of GC and their inevitable endings I think this no self is a beginning of further realizations. I don't know, but at least I'm not being asked to "believe" on faith alone. I l am in the Eastern zone and I work very early hours, start at 4 am, so I go to bed pretty early.

Pallavi

Postby Pallavi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:47 am

Can you tell me what your understanding of this no self is, the 'mental' understanding that you have written about.

olbuds

Postby olbuds » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:53 am

When I look for myself I only find thoughts, or past and future stories concerning Steve. After doing this for some days I noticed this continuing until I catch Steve in a story then mentally tell myself there is only awareness, not Steve. Then Steve wants to know: who makes plans, sets goals, solves problems for Steve--awareness? So on the one hand I can see there is no Steve, yet if I'm still questioning this I feel I haven't come to the full realization of this-- no-thing.

Pallavi

Postby Pallavi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:05 am

There is no Steve, there is no separate entity as awareness. How does this statement make you feel?

You can't see Steve; can you see awareness?

olbuds

Postby olbuds » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Yes, When I wrote"Steve wants to know" I meant that as the part of me that doesn't grasp/see/understand/except/questions the no steve. As I said there is a part of me that see's there is no steve and a part that I was referring to. My understanding of awareness is it's the lifeforce/universal intelligence/whatever it is that's behind life to include animate and inanimate objects alike. So can I see awareness? Not as a separate entity per say, but as everything, as life as it passes before us. To say there is no Steve or no separate entity as awareness doesn't generate a feeling or emotion.

Pallavi

Postby Pallavi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:39 am

What is 'you' for you? What does it consist of?
You said 'thoughts' and past or future stories. What else is there? If there is no Steve then what is there?

Try this exercise:

Go out, point at a rock.
The rock is there, you are pointing to show where it is.

If you stop pointing does the rock cease to exist?
Can you mistake your fingers for the rock at any point in time?

Call the rock 'rock'. Call it 'my rock'. What difference do you feel in changing the name from 'rock' to 'my rock'?

Now think that you have bought it. You take it home. The next day it is stolen from you.
How would 'you' feel?

(Ok lets not call that awareness, lets just call it life for our discussions.)

olbuds

Postby olbuds » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:04 am

To be honest I view myself as a separate entity striving to avoid suffering. It consist of thoughts and emotions that reflect the degree of suffering, usually feels like suffering.

The rock exist whether I'm there or not.

No, I can't mistake my finger for the rock.

When the rock becomes mine it somehow becomes an extension of me; when it stolen I feel violated.

Pallavi

Postby Pallavi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:04 pm

Yes, this separate entity is made up of what? There are thoughts, emotions- what else? Body? Mind? Anything else?

Yes, because before you own the rock, it is just a rock. After you own it, it becomes 'yours'. After you own it, you start suffering right?

Lets say after you buy it, its still a rock. It's not your rock. Now it is stolen. How would you feel?

Lets say you are walking, and you trip and fall. Would you blame yourself for falling? Can you control when you fall?

olbuds

Postby olbuds » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:09 pm

this separate entity is primarily made up of desires, endless desires.

After owning it becomes my responsibility , creating desires from my rock to somehow provide me with pleasure

Confused, How can I buy the rock but not own it?

About falling, Yes I probably would feel disappointment for allowing myself to fall

Return to “ARCHIVES”