Requesting Delma as a guide

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
childlike

Requesting Delma as a guide

Postby childlike » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:03 pm

I have learned from reading some of your conversations with others, and I would appreciate it if you could guide me. Thank you, Linda

Delma

Re: Requesting Delma as a guide

Postby Delma » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi there, childlike.

I'll be happy to help.

Could you give me a little background on your search and what has led you to this point? Also, what do you suppose the realization of the lack of a separate self might look like? In everyday terms, how do you imagine life might change?

Let's get started! :D Looking forward to it.

Delma
There is no "I" doing this inquiry. There is no "I" looking for the "I".

Delma
tabulrasablog.com
seeingnoself.com

Delma

Postby Delma » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:23 pm

Childlike,

Are you working with other guides at the moment?

Thanks.
Delma

Delma
tabulrasablog.com
seeingnoself.com

childlike

Postby childlike » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi Delma, Thank you for being willing to guide me. I am not working with anyone else at this time.

I am 65 year old and I have been searching for truth and peace for 40 years. I have read many books, heard many recordings and sat in many places that promised peace and happiness. I am still searching. My friend who has lead me through many searches has recommended Liberation. I have many voices in my head, they encourage, discourage, judge me, etc. I would like you to guide me to the truth. I am prepared to welcome your guidance.

Thank you,
Linda (can you call me Linda?)

Delma

Postby Delma » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi Linda,

I can tell you about this process and allow you to determine whether it is right for you at this time. The reason you will need to decide is that you will be doing all of the work and I will simply ask pointed questions. There will be times you may believe we're not heading down the right path, but will need to trust that the exchange will lead directly to the gate.

There are groundrules established to help us work as efficiently as possible, and to ensure that your findings are solid. We don't want to leave doubts which cannot be worked through with the tools I'll show you. So, Linda, let's take a look at the 'rules'. :)

1. Put aside all 40 years of seeking. Drop all teachings, ideas of what spirituality looks like, or expectations for an 'experience'. If that seems difficult and you find yourself drawing on the teachings, let me know and we'll look at putting them aside together.

2. This is an absolutely factual inquiry. There isn't any spirituality involved in getting to the truth because the truth is just What IS. It doesn't require religion, spirituality, philosophy, or teachings. During the inquiry, you are looking for facts of reality (how life exists) rather than feelings about reality (how it feels like life exists).

3. Honesty is the key. If an answer that comes to you sounds right, check to be sure you are personally certain that it is the truth as you experience it.

Those three rules will get you through the gate. But you'll also need to surrender to your own findings. And don't believe a word I say. Test everything. Trust that my questions are good ones, but test your answers until you would stake your life on the truth of them. But remember, the truth needs to be based on facts rather than feelings.

And as for fear? Sure, it can come up. But there's a possibility that some teachings have instilled the idea that fear is necessary to this process. It actually isn't. And it can be a red herring.

That's the good news!

So, I will ask you three questions for now...

1. How was your self image/self concept formed?
2. Where is it 'housed'?
3. Can you point to that self image anywhere?

Thanks. We can do this. And actually, we will. :)
Delma

Delma
tabulrasablog.com
seeingnoself.com

childlike

Postby childlike » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:27 pm

. How was your self image/self concept formed?
I received essages (spoken or unspoken) from my family and later from people in the world. I judged them to be true. Clearly I can see message were untrue about me. I "think" there is no truth about me. Facts. I know messages are not true. I don't know what is true.

2. Where is it 'housed'?
There is no physical place where the messages are housed. This is a fact.
3. Can you point to that self image anywhere?.
No. I don't know where self image is located. I can't point to it.

Delma

Postby Delma » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:37 pm

Yes. The body and brain received messages. It has been conditioned, and that conditioning has resulted in frequent thoughts which involve a center, or an "I".

How does that knowledge feel?

Delma
tabulrasablog.com
seeingnoself.com

childlike

Postby childlike » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:04 pm

How does that knowledge feel?
I feel free.

Linda

Delma

Postby Delma » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Where is the sense of the "I" right now? Is it coming up (it's quite alright if it is). If so, let's explore that so we can investigate.

Delma
tabulrasablog.com
seeingnoself.com

childlike

Postby childlike » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:39 pm

Delma
Where is the sense of the "I" right now? Is it coming up (it's quite alright if it is). If so, let's explore that so we can investigate
The "I" is over my head. Pushing me to unload all the other voices so it can be the only one. It drives me toward the gate where it thinks it will rule with supremecy. (is that crazy?) A little scary! Fact: I would fight to say this is not true. The other voices come from the "I" . The "I" must be one of the voices and nothing more.

Linda

Delma

Postby Delma » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:10 pm

Hi Linda,

That is all conceptual. It's a thought story, and we're looking at reality. So in reality, where is the "I" experienced right now? What is it's location?

Delma

Delma
tabulrasablog.com
seeingnoself.com

childlike

Postby childlike » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:27 am

That is all conceptual. It's a thought story, and we're looking at reality. So in reality, where is the "I" experienced right now? What is it's location?
I see now that was a thought story.

Reality is this moment. I do not have an "I" present in the real moment. "I" appears only in past and future thinking which is illusion. This is a fact.

Delma

Postby Delma » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:49 am

That's so true.

But, is that something that's felt experientially, or do you feel that it's still an intellectual understanding? It's ok if it is, because it would mean that there's a solid foundation on which to continue.

Can you tell me about the experience of reality in this moment? :)

Delma
tabulrasablog.com
seeingnoself.com

childlike

Postby childlike » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:06 am

But, is that something that's felt experientially, or do you feel that it's still an intellectual understanding? It's ok if it is, because it would mean that there's a solid foundation on which to continue.

Can you tell me about the experience of reality in this moment? :)There is no "I" doing this inquiry. There is no "I" looking for the "I".
I feel it as a sensation. There is no thinking about it. In reality moment there is only sensations. No past or future thinking. I can see hear touch without thinking about it. Not like.... here I am touching the computer keys... like feeling how smooth the keys feel, hear a jiggle noise when I press a key. Is this a thought story? I can't communicate about when I am not thinking without thinking. I am not in this minute when I am thinking. As long as I am thinking, I am not in reality. So if I am in reality, I have nothing to report. I am really confused. Help.

Linda

Delma

Postby Delma » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:15 am

Hi Linda,

Everything is perfectly ok. What a great inquiry!

Yes. Remember the silence that's so often talked about in these circles. "you" have found it. :)

Pure experience without thought still exists, and is whole, beautifully carried out, without a "You".

Just feel that. Get comfortable with it and notice that life carries on just as it always has. Absolutely nothing is different except the wonder of life living itself.

Tell me what you find.

Delma

:) You are fine. Be well!

Delma
tabulrasablog.com
seeingnoself.com

Return to “ARCHIVES”