Elena & Camille

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
nenad

Elena & Camille

Postby nenad » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:10 am

Camille:

Hi Elena ~ Thank you for your message and the questions. I'm happy to know that there is a group of people doing The Work in LU. I would love to join that group and I would also love to contribute in any way that I can. I'll give you my honest answers and I welcome any feedback or additional questions.

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

No separate entity of a self, only a concept of a self. No self that is seeing, no self that is hearing, feeling, existing. In reality, no real self, ever.

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.

The illusion of a separate self is just thoughts/beliefs and concepts of a self that wants to identify as a body so it can exist. I have come to see that every thought is about the self, My needs, My wants, My desires for My survival, My comfort and My pleasure. These thoughts are constantly working to protect My identity. Only there is no one there to protect, just thoughts working to exist as form.

3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.

When I actually "saw" there was no "I" there was this opening in my heart and in my head that had never been there before. It felt like a weight had been lifted and there was the sensation of excitement. There was a big smile on my face and I felt like a little girl. I also had the thought, This is it? This is what I have been searching for? It was much more subtle than I had expected. Now, the "seeing" can't be unseen but it doesn't always remember. I still have to re-see when thoughts of an I come up and want something.

4) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?

The last thought I questioned in The Work a few weeks ago was: There is an I. Is it true? No, I can't "know" there is an I. But at that point it was just another concept of mind. When I actually "looked" for the I it was from a whole different place in my mind. I had been feeling homesick that day and a thought led me to read Gateless Gatecrashers. It didn't take much to push me over the edge. Mind was looking for a way home.

5) Do you decide, intend, choose, control events in Life? Do you make anything happen? Give examples from your experience.

This is the greatest freedom of all. There is no I to decide, choose or control anything in life. I can see that there never was an I to fix, save or make a difference in anything. Just a flow of life. No more pressure.

6) Anything to add?

This mind is still doing what it has known to do for 50 years, try to exist. The difference now is that it knows the way home. From time to time I have been surprised by a strong emotion that has come up. I had had the expectation that all concepts would be eradicated, not so. Not the end...only the beginning!!

Return to “ARCHIVES”