Elena & Joe

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
nenad

Elena & Joe

Postby nenad » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:28 pm

Joe:

Good morning! Sending you lots of love and light! I finally completed the questionair you sent me! Thank you so much for all you do!!

1) Is there a 'me', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

NO! There was the idea and delusion that there is a me and that its all about me! There was the thought and belief that there was, but no there never was.

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works.

The illusion of a separate self is the idea that I am separate from other people. It could also be the thought or belief that we are our physical being.
It starts as soon as the teaching begins. When we are told what is and how things are suppose to be and who we are supposed to be. Me, Mine I….. It separates me from others allowing the mind to create all kinds of made up stories and ideas and that I am separate. It makes me think that things happen “to me”, that I am a victim.

3) How does it feel to see this? describe in detail.

All my life having the idea that I am separate felt very lonely. I felt like I never fit in anywhere or with anyone. I was very isolated. That I was unique and could not relate to any one or anything. It was a very dark existence. The more awareness and spiritual experiences that occur I can see how this has directly effected my journey into addiction and suffering.
The Journey through recovery has brought me to a place of freedom. One of the most powerful phrases I say is relieve me of the bondage of self… There is such a sense of freedom and peace having the awareness that there is no “I” and that “its not all about me” It helps the feeling of loneliness lessen and lessen.

4) How would you describe it to somebody who has never heard about this illusion but is curious about it.

The illusion of self/I is the idea that I am separate from others and the universe. That we are our physical being, labels or titles we have been labeled with.
I would say “My partner and I went to a gathering with a group from church. I was told it was an inquiry. I’m not going to complicate a very simple thing, I would say that I was guided to the awareness that I am spirit and connected to all. There is no I. I am not separate from anything and that awakening is was on of the most freeing gifts I have received.

5) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look? was there a specific moment when seeing happened or was it gradual? what exactly happened?

When I got to the gathering Elena was facilitating the event. There were things being said like, There is no I and Then she asked me who are you. I said Joe and continued to answer the question
identifying with my physical being, being a dad. After several minutes of discussion something just seemed to click. I was gazing into this beautiful woman’s eyes and she asked me what I was thinking about and I said nothing. I’m just looking. At that moment it clicked. I was one with her. There was no separation. It was a beautiful awakening and I am so grateful!!

Return to “ARCHIVES”