All there is ..is this...

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Shantipriya

All there is ..is this...

Postby Shantipriya » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:04 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
That there is no separate person,( subject) and the outer world (objects) ...that the amness...beingness is just this...pure peace, joy, love...

What are you looking for at LU?
I had a glimpse where for some time I was full but empty with just simple peace...and great happiness for no apparent reason..and now Im looking for guidance to unveil, to reveal that which I know is here but masked by the person again! I feel like I've lost it...though I know conceptually there is no one to lose anything!

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I don't know what to expect.Maybe its to really look at what's perhaps holding tightly closed the veil of illusion ! The glimpse, shift, what ever to name it, was so beautiful, so much peace and quiet ...no thought babble. I realise it is just a memory...story but it feels so far away and yet right here, so close. in this moment..here.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I suppose I've been a seeker...seeking most of my life in one way or another. As a child I felt like I didn't fit in and as the teen years arrived this feeling was more pronounced..and questions arising like what does this life mean..what purpose does it have and who am I ? what should I be doing ? I did suffer depression and suicidal thoughts did arise at times. In adult hood and having children did fill a gap, being a mother but the inner search continued when I stumbled upon Osho and later on various other teachers...Ramana, Papaji and more recently Tony Parsons, Jim Newman among a few. I do attend a monthly Satsang in my area.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

jgdapoorva

Re: All there is ..is this...

Postby jgdapoorva » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:14 am

Hello Shantipriya,

My name is Apoorva. I am willing to look into this exploration with you. Osho has been a significant figure in my early days of spiritual process. I too have read a lot of his material. You may accept me as your guide for the purpose of this exploration.
Kindly go through the following links before proceeding. Here you will find information about how this exploration works.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2109

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=660

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards,
Apoorva

Shantipriya

Postby Shantipriya » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:09 pm

Hello Apoorva,

Lovely to meet you. I'm very happy to start, thank you.

jgdapoorva

Postby jgdapoorva » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:33 am

Hello,

Great. Let's start. I hope you have gone through the links that I provided you earlier. If not, I strongly recommend that you do. Now the whole point of this exploration is to encourage you to look for the "I" and see in your experience what you find. It's not about believing, understanding, getting, or moving into some special state. It's all about looking. Looking/seeing and noticing are synonymous and will be used interchangeably throughout our dialogue. I will be asking questions and you will be answering them as honestly as you can. Right!!! The dialogue is not about my answers, but your answers.

Now, if I asked you to tell me what is behind your back right now, you could answer either by thinking and remembering or by turning your head around and actually looking back and describing what you see. That's how to look. Right.

Try this for yourself:
Take a little journey with me. Focus on what is, on direct, immediate, actual experience. Notice sensations in the hands and feet, light, and sounds; just listen, feel. Soften, allow, indulge. Let all of this be okay for a minute and a half. Whatever this is. Just sit with it, allowing all that comes up to be here. Notice sensations of being, vibration, aliveness. Are you “doing” being or is being “on” by default? Feel the sensations and see how the mind attempts to describe all that it focuses on. Notice the sensation in the left foot. There is a sensation, plus thoughts about it. Is there a feeler of sensation? Is there a feeler of feeling? Does feeling happen to another sensation? Stop reading for now and close your eyes for a bit. Now turn the attention to feeling the emotion that is most evident now. See how the mind names it. The action of labeling creates a sense of solidity and identity. But what is underneath the concepts? A raw sensation, a flow of perceiving. Be with the flow and watch what is happening. This is what is, in all its glorious simplicity.
Can you see a difference between looking/noticing and thinking? What is the main difference? Have a look now to verify for yourself. Write it all down.

While replying, kindly use the quote function to highlight the questions. My questions will be in blue. Here you will find a video with instructions.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=660

If convenient, kindy post daily.

Regards,
Apoorva

Shantipriya

Postby Shantipriya » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:18 am

Can you see a difference between looking/noticing and thinking? What is the main difference? Have a look now to verify for yourself.

I do see a difference. I notice how the mind wants to catch hold and name the sensations, feelings or sounds that I hear. Then I look again to find who's feeling , hearing ..and an immense feeling of sadness is here...its just here ...the thoughts are streaming.. and there is just noticing happening ....

jgdapoorva

Postby jgdapoorva » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:16 am

Great.

Here are a few questions.
I notice how the mind wants to catch hold and name the sensations, feelings or sounds that I hear.
What is this mind that you are referring to? Look. What do you find? Do you really find a mind?
Then I look again to find who's feeling , hearing
What is this "I" that is looking? Is there really an "I" that does the looking or looking is happening?

Regards

Shantipriya

Postby Shantipriya » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:52 am

What is this mind that you are referring to? Look. What do you find? Do you really find a mind?

When I look for the mind, I don't find the mind...but thoughts appear..

What is this "I" that is looking? Is there really an "I" that does the looking or looking is happening?

The I Is me , the person.....there is a knowing that looking is just happening.

jgdapoorva

Postby jgdapoorva » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:34 am

Nice,
The I Is me, the person
What is this person? Can you really find a person when you look. Is the person a solid entity or is it just a story character made up of thoughts? Where is this person in the body? Look in your direct experience and share wat you find.

Regards

Shantipriya

Postby Shantipriya » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:26 pm

What is this person? Can you really find a person when you look. Is the person a solid entity or is it just a story character made up of thoughts? Where is this person in the body? Look in your direct experience and share wat you find.

What is this person ?

A bundle of feelings and sensations. Is located in the body but intellectually I know this isn't the person.

Can you really find a person when you look ?

No, I don't find a person when I look beyond the idea, thoughts of who I , the person believes to be.

Is the person a solid entity or is it just a story, character made up of thoughts ?

A character made up of thoughts...and dwells in the head of thoughts or heart of feelings.

Shantipriya

What is this person ?

A bundle of feelings and sensations. Is located in the body but intellectually I know this isn't the person.

No, I don't find a person when I look beyond the idea, thoughts of who I , the person believes to be.

Is the person a solid entity or is it just a story, character made up of thoughts ?

A character made up of thoughts...and dwells in the head of thoughts or heart of feelings.

Shantipriya

What is this person ?

jgdapoorva

Postby jgdapoorva » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:26 am

Okay,

We are going well. Let's do an exercise.Write this down.
There is no separate self at all in reality-no agent in charge, no manager, no watcher, no owner of lif; all there is, is life flowing freely as one movement, one reality, one life, one nature, one intelligence, one god, one flow, whatever word resonates most. The separate self, "I", is an illusion; there never was such an entity and never will be.

What happens when you allow this thought in? What comes up? Is there fear? Is there doubt? Resistance? Frustration? Something that wants to scream and make you turn away? Something that says this is not working? Or maybe there is feeling of wow, joy, or relief?
Watch, wait, notice, and write!
Notice all that is going on inside and just put it down in writing. Note what bodily sensations show up.

Regards

Shantipriya

Postby Shantipriya » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:08 pm

What happens when you allow this thought in? What comes up? Is there fear? Is there doubt? Resistance? Frustration? Something that wants to scream and make you turn away? Something that says this is not working? Or maybe there is feeling of wow, joy, or relief?
Notice all that is going on inside and just put it down in writing. Note what bodily sensations show up.

There is a nervousness and frustration , fear because it feels unknown and there could be a loss..loss of what has been always here ! The mind and it's ingrained belief in the separate self are a companion ,so to speak, so in one instance there is the fear arising of loss but also such thirst for peace !! Frustration because the "I" is getting in the way ! There is also a deep sadness...pain in the heart region....could say it seems like there is this reality of oneness crying out to just be..but is suffocated by the "I".

Thank you.

Shantipriya

Postby Shantipriya » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:08 pm

There is a nervousness and frustration , fear because it feels unknown and there could be a loss..loss of what has been always here ! The mind and it's ingrained belief in the separate self are a companion ,so to speak, so in one instance there is the fear arising of loss but also such thirst for peace !! Frustration because the "I" is getting in the way ! There is also a deep sadness...pain in the heart region....could say it seems like there is this reality of oneness crying out to just be..but is suffocated by the "I".

Thank you.

jgdapoorva

Postby jgdapoorva » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:17 am

Great,
All these emotions coming up. This longing for peace and the "I" getting in the way, but in reality, there is no "I". So what is preventing from this to be seen. It's fear. :) What is real can never be lost. And what is unreal, was never there in the first place. Fear is very understandable.

Let's focus on the fear. Ask it to come closer. Notice that it’s a protection mechanism. The fear itself is like a door; it keeps you from looking behind the door. But it’s just fear. On closer inspection, it is a certain sensation in the body. Look for it now. It’s okay for it to be here; it is only a sensation, and it is doing its job of warning against danger. Something is there feeling the threat, and it is being protected. Just let fear be there. Honor it. Acknowledge its presence with respect and gratitude. Check to see where you feel it physically in the body. Notice the sensations. Ask these questions and watch what comes up: What is the fear itself? What is it protecting? What needs to be protected? What is it that feels threatened? Ask the fear (literally) to reveal why it’s here. Ask it what it is trying to tell you; ask the fear to share its wisdom. What does it want to tell you? If there is no self and never was, then there is nothing that needs to be protected. Honor the feeling. Bow to it. Thank it for doing its job so perfectly. Notice that it is here to protect; it’s a friend. Fear is really love in disguise. It is only showing you where to look. Fear points to the dark areas that need to be explored. Fear is not meant to be feared. Now, look behind the fear. Is there anything behind it? If so, what? And what is behind that? What do you find? If the mind gets blank, silently notice that the silence is not the absence of an answer, it is the answer. Let that sink in

Take some time with it.
Regards

Return to “THE GATE”