Clearer seeing

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Luchana

Re: Clearer seeing

Postby Luchana » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:00 am

Hi Egor,
Sometimes there is exasperation with the story that keeps playing out. There seem to be chunks of the story, fears, and expectations that haven't been looked at and go on unexamined. That is okay too.

Who or what is can be exasperating with the story?
Is there something? Or there is just sensation of whatever is happening?

Not to know what's going on is fine. The whole thing is really funny.
Yep, it's funny and it's not so serious.

:-)

Can you look at these questions

Is there a seer?
Is there a feeler?
Is there a hearer?
Is there a taster?
Is there a smeller?

Is there an experiencER?

Is there anything having the experience of whatever is happening?
Is there anything what the experience is happening TO?

Is there an enduring, autonomous, independent self, separate from the rest of experience?
Has there ever been an independent separate self?

Is searching/seeking still going on?

Much love,
Luchana
Look. There is no you dreaming.

faraner

Postby faraner » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:14 pm

Who or what is can be exasperating with the story?
Is there something? Or there is just sensation of whatever is happening?
There is only the sensation. There never was anything but sensation, so nothing really changed there.

Can you look at these questions

Is there a seer?
Is there a feeler?
Is there a hearer?
Is there a taster?
Is there a smeller?
No
Is there an experiencER?
No
Is there anything having the experience of whatever is happening?
Is there anything what the experience is happening TO?
No
Is there an enduring, autonomous, independent self, separate from the rest of experience?
No
Has there ever been an independent separate self?
Never was
Is searching/seeking still going on?
Yes, it seems that it does.
The whole realizing no self thing was about examining the experience, and the content of experience was tweaked as a result (Or so the story goes. The contents of experience changes constantly and there is nothing to tweak or examine it). Now, the examining of experience continues.

Luchana

Postby Luchana » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:40 am

Hi Egor,

nice :-)
Yes, it seems that it does.
The whole realizing no self thing was about examining the experience, and the content of experience was tweaked as a result (Or so the story goes. The contents of experience changes constantly and there is nothing to tweak or examine it). Now, the examining of experience continues.
All right.

Is there an expectaion that the story will stop?
Does seeing that Santa does not exist stop Christmass from appearing?

Do you recognize/notice some differnece in your dayly life, interactions .. and os forth?

Much love,
Luchana

faraner

Postby faraner » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:25 pm

Hi Luchana, thank you for your pointers)
Is there an expectaion that the story will stop?
No, no such expectation.
Does seeing that Santa does not exist stop Christmass from appearing?
No. There is no connection between the existence of Santa and appearance of Christmas)
Do you recognize/notice some differnece in your dayly life, interactions .. and os forth?
Yeah, the amount of worrying dropped to quite a low level. I smile or laugh often.
Some things that used to affect me don't affect me anymore.

Luchana

Postby Luchana » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:14 am

Hi Egor,

Yeah, the amount of worrying dropped to quite a low level. I smile or laugh often.
Some things that used to affect me don't affect me anymore.
Nice :-)

Let's look at control.

Investigate the followings one-by-one very carefully.

Spend several minutes with each question.

Is there a control over ‘sensations’?
Is there a control over ‘sounds’?
Is there a control over ‘visual image/colors’?
Is there a control over ‘smells’?
Is there a control over ‘tastes’?
Is there a control over ‘thoughts’?

Is there a control over anything?

Much love,
Luchana

faraner

Postby faraner » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:48 pm

Hi Luchana.
There is no control over anything.
There is nothing but experience, and there is nothing to know about the experience, nothing to control about the experience.

faraner

Postby faraner » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:49 pm

I did check each of your questions though :)

Luchana

Postby Luchana » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:00 pm

Hi Egor,

NICE :-)

So no controller controlling anything?

How does it feel?

How about responsability and free will?

Do you have any?

For what are you responsible for?

Have fun exploring these questions.

Much love,
Luchana

faraner

Postby faraner » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:11 pm

Hi Luchana
So no controller controlling anything?
When I look at the experience, I don't see any controller controlling anything. I don't see how that experience can possibly happen.
How does it feel?
It feels more spacious. It feels like everything is fine and can't be otherwise)
How about responsobility and free will?
Don't know anything about responsibility or free will)
Do you have any?
Again, there is no expirience of free will being executed. Free will can't exist in the context of experience.
For what are you responsible for?
I don't have any responsibility. Especially since there is no me :)

Luchana

Postby Luchana » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:13 am

Hi Egor,

thank you for your replies. It's beautiful to read and feel the lightness and wonder between words :-)

LU is focused guiding that there is no separate autonomous entity in life at all. Of course this is not the end, but only the begining. There is more to look, more to unfold...

Take a look at this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJQcD588g2w&t=34s
It's showing in a lovely way the simplicity of what is.

So at this so called stage of the investigation I am about to send you some final questions. This is not an exam, so nothign to worry about :-)

Are you ready for them?

Are there any doubts?

Much love
Luchana

faraner

Postby faraner » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:21 pm

Hi Luchana,
Sure, I'm ready for the questions.
No doubts)

Luchana

Postby Luchana » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:52 am

All riight :-)

Here are the questions.

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

2) Give in your own words what the illusion of separate self is and how it shows up in experience. Also, through your inquiry, what is different now?

3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue?
Please report from the past few days.

4) What was the last bit that pushed you over; made you look?

5) a) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work?
Give examples from your own recent experiences to how things happen and how things work.
b) What are you responsible for? Give examples from your own recent experiences to how this works.

6) Anything to add?

Take your time and provide examples where are asked.

Have fum :-)

Much love,
Luchana

faraner

Postby faraner » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:02 am

Hi, Luchana
1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?
No. Never was
2) Give in your own words what the illusion of a separate self is and how it shows up in experience.
The illusion of a separate self creates the idea that there is an I, a person who has a body, who is surrounded by the universe, and who is controlling his body and affects his surroundings and lives his life. This illusion shows up in experience as a mental assumption that everything within the experience is connected to the I to a certain degree. All of the experience is my experience. But some parts of my experience refer to me/mine-entities (my body, my thoughts, my things), while some other parts of my experience refer to different not-me/not-mine-entities.
Also, through your inquiry, what is different now?
When looking does happen, it is clear that this segregation of experience by labeling is completely artificial and is based on the blindly accepted assumption that I exist.
3) How does it feel to see this?
Please report from the past few days.
Sometimes it feels very funny. When the looking perspective is lost, it might at times feel a bit exhausting to see, how easily the illusion of self reestablished the character story. I guess there is some aversion to being lost in the story.
What is the difference from before you started this dialogue?
When the return to looking happens, it's clear, that no expectations or emotions have any basis in them. It seems to be the new baseline. It prevents daydreaming and worrying from spiraling out as much as before.
4) What was the last bit that pushed you over; made you look?
It seems that I had several instances of looking during the last two months. I'm not sure what was the last bit there.
Although, I do remember how did the laughter begin.
I was lying in the sensory deprivation tank, and the thought of the absence of a body triggered a long laughing fit. I think that's when the new baseline was established.
5) a) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work?
Content of thoughts appears alongside all the other content of experience and organizes everything within the experience into a cohesive story. The ideas of decision, intention, free will, choice, and control appear solely within the content of thoughts to create an illusion of an actor interacting with the universe.
Give examples from your own recent experiences to how things happen and how things work.
Things just happen. Content of experience appears. I go for a walk, get into the restaurant, eat, pay, listen to an audiobook, stop listening, write down answers to Luchana’s questions. There is moving, walking, sitting, movement, tasting, thinking. Or rather there are just a bunch of images that a being interpreted as colors, or sensation, or thoughts, or sounds. Or rather there is nothing, and then there is a whole story about a character living in a universe with planets, and suns, and places to eat. Where did this story came from and how anything within the experience can happen other than as part of the content of thoughts? It’s impossible to know.
b) What are you responsible for?
I am not responsible for anything. It’s impossible to know anything to be responsible for and impossible to know anyone to be responsible.
Give examples from your own recent experiences to how this works.
As I’ve said, things happen. It’s impossible to know how it works. Any knowledge is impossible. Anything based on any knowledge or anything to do with any knowledge is therefore senseless and redundant.
6) Anything to add?
Thank you so much, Luchana :)

Luchana

Postby Luchana » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:46 am

Hi Egor,

thank you for your replies. Nice to reed :-)
I will share them with the other guides, but can you please say some more here:
It seems to be the new baseline.
I think that's when the new baseline was established.
What do you mean with this "new baseline"?

Much love
Luchana

faraner

Postby faraner » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:36 pm

Hi Luchana.
For some reason, it took me quite a long time to come around answering this question :)
What do you mean with this "new baseline"?
It used to be that the ideas and thoughts about no-self appeared and went away without really being seen to be true, even though I wanted to believe that those thoughs are true. And so there was the "I exists" baseline.
Then the looking began to happen, but the looking seem to be some special state that too have been appearing and going away. It's like the looking and seeing of there being no self was there, but somehow it wasn't recognized as the evidence, and so if felt like the "I exists" baseline was still there.
And now the seeing is recognized as the evidence, and so the "I exist" baseline isn't there anymore. I'm not sure that there is a new baseline. It's just clear that the believes that were there for all this time finally gave way and begun to shift.

Return to “ARCHIVES”