Experiencing, this thread is for you.

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
experiencing

Re: Experiencing, this thread is for you.

Postby experiencing » Sat May 12, 2012 7:50 pm

1) Is there a 'me', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

No, there never was a ‘me’ or ‘I’ anywhere… anytime… ever.

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works.

The illusion of separate self is the belief that there is an “I” entity [thinker…‘doer’… ‘experiencer’] here and that individual ‘I’ entity/identity is separate from everyone else. In reality, there is no ‘I’ entity here… just a thought of ‘I’.

This ‘mistaken identification’ starts very early in life with learning language & labels to differentiate this form from others. With time, there is the addition of more identifying-type thoughts [female, seeker] to this ‘I’ assumption. The ‘I’ assumption also is used as an imaginary fixed reference point for ownership of other thoughts. Needless to say, the ‘I’ story becomes quite an involved fiction.

The ‘I’ story works as long as there is not a questioning of the basic ‘I’ assumption… believed from such an early age.

3) How does it feel to see this?

Relieved for the seeing… & a very slight subtle warm feeling that all is well. :)

4) How would you describe it to somebody who has never heard about this illusion.

There is no ‘I’ or ‘me’ except as labels… words… thoughts. There is no ‘I’ typing this … no ‘typ-er’… no ‘ONE’ typing. There is just typing happening here.

5) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?

The definition of reality was most helpful.

Sending lots of love, hugs, & thanks.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Sun May 13, 2012 7:45 am

Brilliant!
That brought joy to my heart reading your words.
It's clear that seeing happened.
Let me get this confirmed with my fellow guides and I'll be asking you to join unleashed group on facebook.

How is it feeling today? Any small or big noticings that you would like to share?

Lots of love.
Truth realized will set you free.
http://ilonaciunaite.com
Youtube https://youtube.com/c/ilonaciunaite

experiencing

Postby experiencing » Mon May 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Noticing it’s somewhat quieter here…

Have a sharing/question:

Thankfully with using the ‘reality’ definition & checking, it had been seen here that there is definitely no ‘I’.

But afterwards there were times, when ‘I’ thoughts would be believed… like “I need to do such & such before the end of the day.” Then there would be a catching of this & the question: “WHO needs to?”

Then came thoughts that the seeing was not consistent, a questioning of the ‘seeing’ & feelings of frustration that there wasn’t any way here to confirm the seeing.

As happens in life, this past weekend there was a visiting non-duality teacher who was giving a talk.

During the Q&A, she asked me “WHO is catching WHO?” She advised stopping the ‘catching’ practice as it was reinforcing the ‘I’ and leading to an overlooking of how it actually is.

So… 'catching' has been stopped & 'checking' has been done thoroughly enough to know that there is no ‘I’.

Now… is it as simple as the trusting of this checking that leads to a more confident KNOWING which dispels doubt?

Sending love & hugs.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Mon May 14, 2012 11:23 pm

There is no WHO.

Who is only here because of the way that language is constructed.

Yes, the I comes back and is seen over and over again that there is no I. That goes on until it drops too.
Imagine this seeing is as much destructive to the belief system as tsunami. The core on which all illusion was built up is knocked out. So it takes time to clean out the rubble. And mind keeps looking for that I so it can hold on again. But it's not there. It's empty where it used to be.
So lots of beliefs have nowhere to attach. They all come up to be inspected and fall off. There is no set time how long it takes. The process does not end with seeing the illusion of I once. It's ongoing. and illusion does not get destroyed. It's seen for what it is- illusion.

But you can always check and see the truth. It can not be unseen.
And this checking too goes on by itself without anyone doing it.

Doubt is a friend. It opens up possibility of seeing things with fresh eyes. Welcome it whenever it comes for a visit.
There is even a zen proverb that says-
The bigger the doubt, the bigger the awakening.

Please find me on Facebook and I will invite you to unleashed group.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001758165632

Much love.
Truth realized will set you free.
http://ilonaciunaite.com
Youtube https://youtube.com/c/ilonaciunaite

Return to “ARCHIVES”