David's Inquiry

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
DavidFredW

Re: David's Inquiry

Postby DavidFredW » Tue May 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Continuing being free, observing the many varied thoughts.

Ready fro the final questions.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Tue May 16, 2017 9:42 pm

Sweet! Here they are :)

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.

3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.

4) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?

5) Can you talk about decision, intention, free will, choice and control? What makes things happen? How does it work? What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.

6) Anything to add?

Please answer in full, when ready.

Much love.
Truth realized will set you free.
http://ilonaciunaite.com/book

DavidFredW

Postby DavidFredW » Tue May 23, 2017 6:17 pm

1. No, there's no separate entity "self", "me", or "I" anywhere, in any way, shape or form. And there never was, never has been. I would say that is the nature of human being and the marvel of human existence.

2. The illusion of self, I suspect, begins as we acquire language. Without language there's little or no opportunity to create an "I" or "self". We learn from our parents. They will point to themselves and say "me" and point to a small child and say "you" and thus it begins. As we grow and expand our vocabulary, parents, relatives, teachers, etc. reinforce this separation from others and that separation is named "You" and "I".We learn that "I" is different from "you", with a unique "name" and characteristics that are "real" or at least have wide agreement. There's a "voice in the head" that seems to confirm that "I" exists. After all, who's talking? These experiences, reinforced by the people in our lives, reinforces the conversation "I".

3. This dialogue occurs like a natural extension of the work I have done with Landmark Education and more advanced work via my license with Tekniko (Landmark's technology licensing arm.) We have worked with the distinction "out here" which has one realize that there nothing "in here" (notwithstanding blood and guts :) ) Getting that there is no "I" is very freeing and peaceful. I still get caught in a "me" conversation (in my head) from time to time. Now, however, that conversation is distinguished as merely "thought" without meaning or attachment to an "I". So I move back and forth from time to time. The difference from before is less angst and "self" judgement. It's somewhat like sailing... the wind (life) just carries you along across the water in peace and beauty.

4. I am not exactly sure of the instant I was "pushed over". I have been trained and worked inside inquiry for almost 20 years. Experiencing all of the "dead-ends" of our early conversations continually narrowed alternative explanations, until all there was was your encouragement to "look". Looking in that way, it became apparent that there is no "I". Consequently, all of the "baggage" associated with "me" and "I" was jettisoned.

5. So it seems to me now that decision, intention, free will, choice and control are illusions associated with "I". No "I", no illusion. I can't say that I am absolutely solid on this, however I would say that things "happen" without anyone "making" things happen. How does it work? occurs like a question from a world of "I" and "me". There are thoughts and actions and consequences of those actions. Somewhat analogous to there's rain and wind, cold and hot... They just are.
David is making "cold calls" for the first time in his career. Most time there is no answer, occasionally someone answers and there is a conversation. Did I "make" the other person answer? No, its just what happened. Do I "sell" them such that I "make them buy" - no. I participate on conversations. Occasionally there's a sale."I" doesn't "make" sales. What we call a "sale" (a conversation) occurs out of the confluence of thoughts (mine and theirs).

6. This dialogue has been very edifying and freeing. Thank you for your guidance.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Fri May 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Thank you very much for answers! I have no more questions for you :)
This is just a beginning of a clearing and deepening journey. It's delightful to read, that the dialogue was freeing!
Somebody will message you about how to get to Facebook aftercare group. Hope to see you around and maybe one day, you can guide someone else here in the forum :)

Much love!
Truth realized will set you free.
http://ilonaciunaite.com/book

Return to “ARCHIVES”