Ok I Am Already There But Am I Willing To Admit It

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
AwarenessIsHere

Re: Ok I Am Already There But Am I Willing To Admit It

Postby AwarenessIsHere » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Beautiful seeing, beautiful truth! "There is selfing but no selfer." I'd say you are cooked for now. :-)

Here are some rudimentary funhouse questions from the LU handbook to play with, slightly modified here:

1. Is there a you, at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form that is selfing?
2. Explain in detail what the selfing is and how it works.
3. How does it feel to be liberated from the mistake of perceiving a self who is selfing?
4. How would you describe it to somebody who has never heard about no separate entity ‘me’?

Or also you might just want to share what arises, the the wake of this freedom from a simple perceptual mistake?

big hug

Lori Ann

brook

Postby brook » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:50 am

1. Is there a you, at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form that is selfing?

No.

2. Explain in detail what the selfing is and how it works.

Selfing is a thought creating the appearance of a self-vestige after the core belief in the existence of the self has been seen to be untrue. Because it has never appeared in this way until after the realization that there is, in fact, no self -- it feels very vivid. It works by attaching itself to various other thoughts if concern and feelings of inadequacy that had previously been attached to, and arose because of, the orginal belief in a separate self. In some ways it is identical to the original sense of separate self that was created, but there are subtle differences. It is not as all-encompassing or threatening as the orginal sense of being a separate self. It operates like a smell which evokes a vivid memory.

3. How does it feel to be liberated from the mistake of perceiving a self who is selfing?

Great! Confident. Empty. Patient. Allowing. Safe. Generous.

4. How would you describe it to somebody who has never heard about no separate entity ‘me’?

I am not sure it would make any sense to describe this exact thing unless someone has had the first realization -- but to describe the first realization and the deepening of it now: the problem is not the self. The problem is that there is no self. If there were, we'd all be fine and everything would work for us pyschologically. But, because everything we are attempting to become and do and all ways in which we relate to others and the world and ourselves ASSUME that there is a separate self at bottom, we are in great conflict, not because it's selfish or "wrong" or that we should change, but simply because it isn't true. This false assumtption is so deeply unconcious and so central to our interpretation of everything that is happening to us, that we are able to speak about it at great length and still not see that we believe something that is untrue. This assumtion must become concious and be examined in the light of reality in order for the truth to be seen. After it has been clearly seen -- everything makes much more sense. As far as any further "selfing" -- it's important to continue to confirm that something seeming to be there doesn't have any impact on whether it really is or not. It's important to continue to confim to ourselves that thoughts cannot tell us what is true, no matter what they are (or how they smell : )

AwarenessIsHere

Postby AwarenessIsHere » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Yes! i love the analogy of a smell/fragrance.

I think what is here is a liberation from the intoxicating scent of selfing :- )

I'm going to ask Ilona and some others to peek in on our thread here and see if they have any more questions for you. Stay tuned!

hugs

Lori Ann

brook

Postby brook » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Dear Lori Ann,

Thank you so much for all your help!

I think this was important for me -- I really feel a deepening here of this liberation. What's interesting about it is that it does have a different flavor now ... it seems more in line with the blooming of allowing that emptiness. It's a very very subtle "realness" that is even less dependent on states than before. I really welcome it and I am very grateful ::: )))

A while ago I had the insight that "doubt and belief are two sides on the coin of ignorance" (another one of those things that just pop up). I seem to have been working through the belief side for some time now. I feel like our work has been on the flip side, adressing the untruth of doubt -- just as important.

Love!

Brook

Return to “ARCHIVES”