Ready

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Morgan

Ready

Postby Morgan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:03 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I and me is an illusion -a label to describe “my” collective thoughts, feelings, sensory experiences. There is no separate self in real life.

What are you looking for at LU?
“I” feel like I am awareness, or consciousness, or presence. I see that breathing happens, that driving happens, that I don’t own/control the thoughts/feelings/sensations that arise, but when I read “there is no observer”. I don’t understand that. I feel like presence/awareness is “observing “. Sigh. I’m stuck.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I find the book very helpful, but questions always arise and then I’m stuck trying to find an answer. I then try to look, but question if I’m just believing something I’ve read or if I’m truly looking/seeing. Understanding the madness I see in the world is hard to grasp. If life is just living, if the flow is just happening, why so much unconsciousness? Why so much superficial noise? Some days it’s so obvious and some days I feel like I’m not even close to seeing the truth.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I have been seeking my whole adult life. Mostly through spiritual books. I read the power of now (again) and suddenly I see things I never saw before. My childish view of spirituality is gone and the truth seems like it’s right there.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self? 10

vinceschubert

Re: Ready

Postby vinceschubert » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:29 pm

Hey Morgan, vince here. The wait, Aaargh. Not enough guides, but it's encouraging to see so many seekers.
i felt a connection when reading your introductory answers.
I don’t understand that. I feel like presence/awareness is “observing “. Sigh. I’m stuck.
This is a good place to start, so let's do that.
First thing is that you're never going to understand anything about where we are going. It is beyond mind to grasp it.
Having said that, understanding will be a temporary platform that we use on the way.
i guess what i am saying is to expect mystery and paradox as we investigate this stuff.
Secondly, language. It's impossible to find accurate words for much of this stuff. For example, you say that you don't understand, which is about mind stuff, then you say that you feel like (something). It's not actually a contradiction, because when you say that you feel this, i know that you are saying that you think this. (some feelings/sensations may follow this thought process)
So, can you acknowledge that the "I feel like presence/awareness is “observing “." is a mental conclusion? (do correct me if this is not accurate. No politeness. Absolute blunt honesty please)
Sigh
Love it.
That sigh heralds something important for us. It is a wordless expression of a direct experiencing. Something that we will notice a lot on this journey.
Now, i want you to analyze "I'm stuck". Describe the feeling. Describe the story that is attached to it.

with love

vince

Return to “THE GATE”