This Is Now

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
pdxwander

This Is Now

Postby pdxwander » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:47 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
LU guides; does not teach. Using a method of direct pointing LU guides the user to experience that there is no real self, that we have concocted or been enculturated to imagine that we are the body, and we are ‘real’ as ourselves in a world of many others believing they are ‘real’

What are you looking for at LU?
Looking for the end of suffering, looking for truth wherever this leads, freedom from lies I tell myself, judgement, seeking, fear, guilt, pride, and hatred. Looking for answers, questions and to become conscious.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Expect the unexpected, a daily conversation with a guide that could be gentle or triggering, or exasperating, or liberating. Pointing to break free from the concept of ‘I’ and ‘self.’ Expect clarity and brutal honesty.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Have always felt ‘special’, born, and raised in a Christian fundamentalist family, as a young man began exploration with yoga and Hindu traditions, spent several decades lost without a guide. Recently began a more intense practice, A Course in Miracles, daily meditation practice, Vortex Healing—an energetic healing practice.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self? 10

pdxwander

Re: This Is Now

Postby pdxwander » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:04 am

Hello Jon, I saw your post regarding guiding over Skype or Zoom.
I would be interested in that

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:58 pm

Hello Pdxwsnder

Thanks for your post. I will send you a personal message.

Regards

Jon

pdxwander

Postby pdxwander » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:28 am

Hello Jonathan,
I am requesting that you email me the questions

Thank you

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:49 pm

Hi,

Here are the six questions in written form.

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.

3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.

4) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?

5) Describe decision & give examples from experience.

Describe intention & give examples from experience.

Describe free will & give examples from experience.

Describe choice & give examples from experience.

Describe control & give examples from experience.

What makes things happen? How does it work?

What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.

6) Anything to add?

Looking forward to reading your answers.

All best

Jon

pdxwander

Postby pdxwander » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 am

Here are the six questions in written form.

1) “Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?”
No

2) “Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.”
The illusion of self is a cultural, human concoction that starts as infants, babies are trained to become the characters that parents want them to be. Look in the mirror, who is that? That is, you Sally! Is Sally a good girl? Do this do that, that’s a good girl! The self has no meaning to me now, others are concerned with honor and pride, being right, things like that. I see that and understand that is where they are now. I am open to the flow of the universe, there is no Gary to direct the show, just be. Stuff happens.

3) “How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.”
These days are ordinary and extraordinary. I check daily for Gary, he used to reside in the heart and head. He is nowhere now. Days just happen now, stuff gets done. Thoughts come and go, negative thoughts in the past I attributed to bad Gary are just thoughts that come through. Sometimes the thought is to clean the bathroom, then the bathroom gets cleaned. Extraordinary indeed.

4) “What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?”
Jonathan asked me to look for myself in a Skype session. I looked at the usual places, heart, and head, was not there. Then Jonathan asked me to look everywhere in my body to make sure. I looked everywhere and could not find myself. I broke into tears, that was the moment.

5) “Describe decision & give examples from experience.”
Decision just happens, the body sems to know, thoughts come and go, some get acted on, I do not know why. When driving, the body seems to direct the car, yes, I know I am heading to my daughter’s house, and I drive the usual route or not, it just happens. When preparing to load the truck to go do a job, thoughts come up to bring this tool or that tool, they get loaded up and I head to the job. The thought came through to re-organize my desk and workspace before writing these words. That happened and it is a better workspace. Things just happen.

“Describe intention & give examples from experience.”
I do not know what intention is. I used to have intentions to lose weight, leave at a certain time, etc. etc. Now it just seems like things happen, if a thought comes in that I should intend to do something it has no resonance and keeps flowing by. Things just happen, they come in and happen

“Describe free will & give examples from experience.”
Free will like intention has no meaning to me. In the past free will would be something like I am a free man and can do anything legal in this country, I can even break a few rules and laws because I have free will. Now there is no one to have a free will, does not make any sense

“Describe choice & give examples from experience.”
Choice is what do I prefer vanilla or chocolate ice cream or cake instead. More like preferences, not anything important, would I rather choose to not get pulled over by the police for talking on my cell phone? Yes, but it does not matter

“Describe control & give examples from experience.”
I am used to having lots of control, keeps my anxiety down, as a construction manager it is the way I ‘ran or controlled’ my life. Now, things just seem to happen and flow, if a worker does not show up, it is just what happens, sometimes stuff happens that I was not expecting. I have no control, there is flow or no flow but no control

“What makes things happen? How does it work?”
There used to be a doer, a controller a fixer, a stage manager, ‘Gary’ thought he was a brilliant maker of events. Now there is no doer, the universe, or consciousness is doing what it does.

“What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.”
I have no responsibility, the bills get paid, emails go out, stuff happens

“6) Anything to add?”
Not what I expected, in some ways nothing happened, in other ways everything happened. Feels like a lot of transitioning and integrating is happening, feeling the energy in the body come and go. Sometimes a sweetening, sometimes just living, thoughts coming and going. Boundaries get set with

pdxwander

Postby pdxwander » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:16 am

“6) Anything to add?”
Not what I expected, in some ways nothing happened, in other ways everything happened. Feels like a lot of transitioning and integrating is happening, feeling the energy in the body come and go. Sometimes a sweetening, sometimes just living, thoughts coming and going. Boundaries get set with others, some people falling away, others coming into this life

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:29 pm

Hi Gary,

Thanks for those great answers.

A guide mentioned that you said you used to have lots of control...

He asks:

Did you ever have control?

- Jon

pdxwander

Postby pdxwander » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:03 pm

I never had control, my nowhere man was spinning the wheel on the submarine and nothing was happening, he thought he was controlling his universe. He does not exist, no control possible

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:58 pm

Ha ha! Thank you for that answer. Great image of the Nowhere Man

I'll message you via WhatsApp about what happens next .

Jon

Return to “ARCHIVES”