Try again!

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Gerd

Re: Try again!

Postby Gerd » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:21 pm

Hi Lubo,
I was watching the video "Dissolving I".
So what can I say: It is clear that there is no I but sometimed there is the thought about I and this doesn't mean that there is an I in reality. As thoughts are coming and going one has no control about the I.
At the moment I can not say more about it.
See You tomorrow night.
Gerd

Lubo

Postby Lubo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:15 am

Wonderfull Gerd,
Let's make this:
Get a sheet of paper and draw a line that divides that sheet in half. Label one half 'self' and the other side 'other'. Sit down and start a timer for 5 minutes. Every time you have a thought make a mark on the sheet. If that thought is about the self put a mark on the self side, if it’s about something else, mark the other side. If a thought about food occurs due to feeling hungry, mark that on the self side. Any thought that refers back to a self should go on the self side. (I'm bored, I'm tired, is the door locked (my safety) that video was funny (I was amused), my back hurts, I am frightened) get it?
Let me know how you go and what you notice.

Lubo

Gerd

Postby Gerd » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:27 pm

Hi Lubo,
at the beginning of the exercise most thoughts were about 'self' (what I did today, what still has to be done....) during the exercise there were more thoughts about 'other'. All together 50% of the thoughts were about 'self and 50% about 'other.'
It was amazing how many thoughts where about 'self'.
Thank You
Gerd

Lubo

Postby Lubo » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:42 am

Hi Gerd,
All together 50% of the thoughts were about 'self and 50% about 'other.'
Check "other" - Notice that they also are about self/ me - Who think about others? Who knows this? etc.
It was amazing how many thoughts where about 'self'.
What if all thoughts are abut "self"?

Now notice is there real self/me or just thoughts about?
Can the thoughts build real self/me?

See you later,
lubo

Return to “THE GATE”