Bobu's journey

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Bobu

Bobu's journey

Postby Bobu » Tue May 30, 2017 12:31 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I see that the self.... as I know it... is constructed by the expirience of living with family and friends and society...a conditioning takes place which I assume is me...the thoughts and the chain of relentless thinking is what seems like what I am.....

What are you looking for at LU?
I would like to see what is ........i need help to see this.....ive had experiences of thought falling away and the peacfull state left behind....then it all came back with a vengence.......i want to see the truth of what I am without what I've been told is an illusion of seperation...

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I don't know what to expect....ive spent a few sessions with inquiry facilitators and a noneduality teacher...i got some interesting results but still felt very separate and fragile and threated by things..... words that pushed my buttons.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
In the past I worked with a Sufi teacher 30 years ago....that was a really great expirence.....he died...then I tried other things that really didn't do much till I read the course in miracles...that was an awakening I never expected...a profound healing as I was very sick and a state of peace that didnt last long but I knew somthing happened I didn't do myself...it just happened....the the living inquiry teacher expirience resulted in lots of trauma residue in the body desolving and chronic pain evaporating as a side effect of this effort....one session with a noneduality teacher ...but not much came from that..

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?: 11

Bobu

Re: Bobu's journey

Postby Bobu » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:30 am

The books are amazing..the quotes also.....feeling sensations in the entire body and a narator going off as if it's happening to the voice.....there doesn't apessr to be an entity talking just thoughts that fade...attention can be directed...thats about all the free will I see.....im sitting here in an electrified state.... hearing is ongoing as is seeing...theres a lot of spaciousness....thoughts have receded into the background of what is sensed.....this is wild.....its where all the attention is going all day....theres fear at wake up.today I saw it as sensations...interesting ....guidenes would be a priceless gift....this is flowing with out effort. Yesterday I clearly recognized the bobu is a belief....theres more but a nap is coming now....lololol....wow......zzzzzzz

Bobu

Postby Bobu » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:56 pm

So is there a guide free.....im looking......i saw Ilona on fb or something and I dug it..it was hard to hear but I followed her direction and answered honestly......still full of electric and sensations like seizures in the neck and face and wrist.....areas of early trauma
This process is initiated by focusing on the present.....most of my beliefs have hit the road.....these events have brought amazing healing in the body energy field.....yep and happiness prvails....i still see judgment of others going on in the narator...noisy bastard....peace...bobu.

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:44 am

Hi Bobu,

My name is Kay, and I am happy to assist you in exploring the illusion of the ‘separate self’. I can only point the way but you have to see it for yourself. That is why we are described as guides and not teachers. If you haven't already read the disclaimer, please read it now. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Also please read “Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

Please learn to use the quote function. When replying to a question, please use the quote function to highlight the question being answered. Instructions are located in the link below:

http://liberationunleashed.com/nation/v ... ?f=4&t=660

Just let me know if you are okay with me being your guide and that you have read the disclaimer and so on, and we can then start the exploration.

Love, Kay
xx
Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.
https://freedomalreadyis.com/

Bobu

Postby Bobu » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:29 pm

I'll read the quote function and get it together...thank you for your guidance kay....im excited to say the least.....

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:07 pm

Hi Bobu,

Yes, please get to know how to use the quote function, it keeps the posts in order and easily legible.

Some housekeeping guidelines:-
1. Post at least once a day or every second day. If you cannot post, or need more time, let me know.

2. There is no one judging answers given, so please be100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

3. ANSWER ONLY FROM ACTUAL EXPERIENCE (smell, taste, sound, sensation, colour and observed thoughts). Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process.

4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies, rituals, practices, books/reading and so on for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily and essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.

This exploration is based on questions and exercises. I will ask questions as a means of pointing, but the questions aren’t about finding something unknown. The questions refer to what is already actually known. And what is already known? Sound, smell, taste, thought, sensation and colour. So, questions are not answered through thinking/thoughts (theories) but by LOOKING. The key is that you really have to LOOK. Why? Because it’s the act of actually LOOKING and not finding an “I” that brings about the realisation of there being no separate self.

What is LOOKING? ‘LOOKING’ is just plain looking at what is here right now. It is moving from the conceptual to actual experience (AE). The term “Actual Experience” (AE) is used to refer to experience ‘right now,’ without the thought stories. So, actual experience (AE) is image/colour, sound, smell, sensation, taste and the simple knowing of thought, at face value. What thought says ie, the content of thought is NOT experience. This is evidenced by the fact that you cannot taste the word 'sweet'. So, when looking at actual experience (AE), you are looking at raw experience WITHOUT what thought says ABOUT the raw experience.

To begin with, I would just like to know what your expectations are by having this exploration. So, in your own words (not from actual experience, but just honest answers about what expectations you have) could you please answer the 5 following questions:

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?
What would you like to achieve or obtain by this conversation?

Please answer the questions highlighted in blue text individually, and remember to use the quote function to highlight the question being answered.

Love, Kay
xx

Bobu

Postby Bobu » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:17 pm

I don't know how life will change..i know what others have said...only expirience can answer that question directly

Bobu

Postby Bobu » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:23 pm

lets see....i will live from direct expirience with out interference from the narrator who intercepts and claims everything as the senses, hearing ,vision ,and taste arrive ..

Bobu

Postby Bobu » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:32 pm

this self is a suffering machine...playing old tapes and bringing conflict into every situation in the present...seeing it is an illusion or a belife could break that cycle...thanks Kay these are interesting questions......

Bobu

Postby Bobu » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:43 pm

nothing is missing...there seems to be somthing in between me and what's going on..like a cloudy lense and thoughts about everything.... camparing and judging the the arriving info.....

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:46 pm

What I would like you to is to put each of my questions in the quote function, with your answer underneath. That way each question is individually highlighted in the quote box with your answers underneath

For example
How will life change?
Your answer goes here
How will you change?
Your answer goes heres
What will be different?
Your answer goes here
What is missing?
Your answer goes here
What would you like to achieve or obtain by this conversation?
Your answer goes here

Please put all questions and answers on ONE post and not on individual posts. In other words, answer all questions first and then click on the SUBMIT button.

Bobu

Postby Bobu » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:15 am

What I would like you to is to put each of my questions in the quote function, with your answer underneath. That way each question is individually highlighted in the quote box with your answers underneath

For example
Haow will life change?
I fucked that up pretty good....lets see if I got this down....i don't know how life will change..ive heard what others have said...it sounded great..but I'll have to wait to know from expirience
How will you change
Ill change from being what I think I am to what I am...
[quote
]What will be different?
The present expirience has a feeling of being filtered and I expect a more direct sense of what's going on
Your answer goes here
What is missing?
Let's see....uncut reality...life as it is...not narrated by thoughts of past and future...
What would you like to achieve or obtain by this
Freedom from what stands between me and what is unfolding.....thats is my desire
Please put a
ll questions and answers on ONE post and not on individual posts. In other words, answer all questions first and then click on the SUBMIT button.
I'd like to obtain freedom from the filter and see what is in a more direct way.....thats my desire....
Much love kay...thank you for your time..right now I'm feeling intense gratatude........

Bobu

Postby Bobu » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:31 am

That was better but I still haven't got it down yet...thanks for your patience kay..xoxo...b

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:47 am

Hi Bobu,
That was better but I still haven't got it down yet...thanks for your patience kay
That's okay...keep trying! At this link http://liberationunleashed.com/nation/v ... ?f=4&t=660 click on the words that say “Using the QUOTE function on the Liberation Unleashed Forum” and it will take you to a Youtube clip that shows you how to use the quote function.

When you read my responses to your answers, let me know what comes up for you ie fear, resistance, disappointment, joy etc. These questions were about becoming aware of your expectations. Expectations are a hindrance, as there is a pre-conceived idea on how seeing 'no self' will/should look.
How will life change?
I fucked that up pretty good....lets see if I got this down....i don't know how life will change..ive heard what others have said...it sounded great..but I'll have to wait to know from experience
There in no one/no thing that is living life, so life continues on as it always has. Experience is not derived from people and things. People and things are derived from experience.
How will you change
Ill change from being what I think I am to what I am...
Perspective changes, however there has never been a separate you to change from one thing to another. There is no metamorphosis!
What will be different?
The present expirience has a feeling of being filtered and I expect a more direct sense of what's going on
It is only thought that says that actual experience is being filtered. Actual (direct) experience is always here and never has not been here, however, you will get to see how thought tells the stories about actual experience which SEEMS to overlay raw experience and filter it.
What is missing?
Let's see....uncut reality...life as it is...not narrated by thoughts of past and future...
Thoughts are just thoughts and know absolutely nothing about anything! Thought is actual experience and actual experience is always here! It is just thought that says thought is something other than experience! In other words, thought IS an appearance, and an "appearance" is just another word for THIS (or 'experience') exactly as it is.
What would you like to achieve or obtain by this
Freedom from what stands between me and what is unfolding.....thats is my desire
I'd like to obtain freedom from the filter and see what is in a more direct way.....thats my desire....
Well this is what this exploration is about. As I said in my intro, I can only point, it is up to you to LOOK :)
Much love kay...thank you for your time..right now I'm feeling intense gratatude........
You’re most welcome. Be warned…if you aren’t LOOKING but are thinking your responses on a regular basis…I have been known to bring out the zen stick  My role is to get you to LOOK for you to have the realisation of there being no separate self…and I take this role seriously.

So let’s get this party started.

Have a look at an apple. When ‘looking at an apple’, there's colour; a thought saying ‘apple’; and maybe a thought saying, "I'm looking at an apple."
What is known for sure? Colour is known and thoughts are known.

What about the content of thoughts, what they describe?
Actual experience does not refer to thoughts ABOUT something…because that is only just more thought. Actual experience is sound, thought, colour, smell, taste, sensation.

Is there really an ‘apple’ here, or only colour and a thought ABOUT ‘apple’?
Can ‘apple’ be found in actual experience?

While these thoughts are known, what they talk ABOUT can't be found in actual experience.
This is what is meant by ‘looking in actual experience ‘. What you know for sure, and, is always here.

Please remember to answer the questions in blue individually and to use the quote function. If you want to have a look at how your post looks before you submit it...just click on the 'preview' button first...make any edits and modifications and then click on 'submit'.

Love, Kay
xx

Bobu

Postby Bobu » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:38 am

Is there really an ‘apple’ here, or only colour and a thought ABOUT ‘apple’?
Can ‘apple’ be found in actual experience?
No Apple a picture of a red shape and thoughts about an apple.....no apple....

Return to “ARCHIVES”