unfolding universe

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
harry44

unfolding universe

Postby harry44 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:37 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I feel when we are born we are sort of blank, unless spirit brings something, and then this is our inherent self. Everything we learn, joins memory and this digresses us away from inherent self.

What are you looking for at LU?
Being guided away from the known or all that I think I am. Having an insight into the emptiness of wholeness or just accepting emptiness where thought does not interfere. Letting go of the known and then being able to live within this emptiness is my quest. I get drawn into the problems of judgement too often and I feel a total seeing in understanding will put me on a path which continues into deeper insights. In a total sense I am looking for freedom from the known and am willing to accept all consequences, that is, become aware of thought process, see it as it unfolds and stay with result.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
An exploration into insight or a conversation which is open ended or without conclusion. Being asked and also asking probing questions which guide me along a path that doesn't leave any holes so that the end picture is complete. I've tasted clear seeing, however, the result left.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
About 15 years ago I read Krishnamurti, saw him at some talks, and had many insights, however I left the quest and made some harmful decisions in the ensuing years. About 6 years ago I started studying Arjuna Ardugh and became an Awakening Coach although I don't practice it. I am also a certified hypnotherapist, certified in Pulse Technique developed by Jo Dunning which involves healing energy, and a few other techniques. I also meditate daily although it is not structured. Recently I have begun reading books which probe me to think about the nature of life.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

amrita

Re: unfolding universe

Postby amrita » Sat May 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Hi Harry.

I am happy to guide you if you are happy to have me. Please have a look around the site and acclimatise yourself to how things work here. If you are happy to proceed let me know and we can begin our explorations :)

Amrita

amrita

Postby amrita » Wed May 24, 2017 9:18 pm

hey Harry,

Hope you are well. i received a message from you(?) saying you would like to be guided by me. If thats the case post on this thread and we can communicate here. If you have any problems with that pm me again.

Amrita x

harry44

Postby harry44 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:52 am

hey Harry,

Hope you are well. i received a message from you(?) saying you would like to be guided by me. If thats the case post on this thread and we can communicate here. If you have any problems with that pm me again.

Amrita x
Amrita: I await your questions. Krishnamurti said that when one realizes they are going the wrong way, they turn around; I have turned but have not filled in all the spaces, for this I seek your assistance.

Peace and love, Harry

amrita

Postby amrita » Thu May 25, 2017 6:43 pm

Hi Harry,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean exactly but we can continue if you are happy to. Hopefully things will become cleare between us as we communicate with each other. Its best if we can make a commitment to post every day as it honours our intention to really look at whats going on.

If you read the guidelines and have a look at how things work round here and familiarise yourself to the site.

And its super useful if you can learn how to use the quotes as it makes reading answers much easier, like this,

Amrita: I await your questions. Krishnamurti said that when one realizes they are going the wrong way, they turn around; I have turned but have not filled in all the spaces, for this I seek your assistance.
If you are happy with those guidlelines then we can begin our journey together.

Best wishes

Amrita
x

harry44

Postby harry44 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:50 am

Amirta
Tonight, for the briefest of moments a gap was seen between what is, the gap, and then a thought. On Friday this week until Sunday evening I will be traveling and will not be able to communicate. Could we start on Monday 5/29? I am enjoying looking through the site and am reading " Liberation Unleashed ".
Peace and love, Harry

amrita

Postby amrita » Fri May 26, 2017 8:15 am

That's no problem at all Harry,

We can start on monday. Until then have a great weekend

amrita x

harry44

Postby harry44 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:51 am

Ameita:

Not sure how this works between you and I regarding questions, think I just keep accessing this page and we reply, back and forth. The dates were off as today is a holiday here in US, not sure where you are. Is late now so tomorrow start is best, actually I forgot to check in sooner.

Peace and love Harry

amrita

Postby amrita » Tue May 30, 2017 12:20 pm

Hello Harry,

Yes we create a dialogue between us by posting every day on here. The technique used is one of me asking or pointing to specific aspects of your experience looking for any signs of an I or a Self. When you can see clearly for yourself there is no self, there never has been a self and the self you have beleived in has been a fictional construct, like santa clause, then you will have passed through the gate yourself.

Does that make any sense to you?

If you would like to proceed with being guided respond back on this thread here. Its best if we can make a commitment to post to each other every day to keep this "looking" fresh and vibrant.

Best wishes

amrita x

harry44

Postby harry44 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:06 pm

Amrita: Yes I understand all conditions and would like to proceed.
I respond from the I as if it were real while knowing it is a thought, however, while responding through using I, then by default it is used as separate. I can propose this to myself, not find a seperate I, know intrinsically it is a thought yet it is still seen as separate.

Most emotional baggage has been released, I'm 72, few things set me off and when aware of body usually feel its vibration. I haven't probed deeply in quite a few years and look forward too and accept its challenge.

Every week, on Monday's I along with 5 other awakened coaches meet on Skype to discuss our issues. There is one coach who looks at me intently and I often get nervous. Thinking about this now I realize it is only me looking back at myself, so I wonder if I will remember that the next time I am aware of the intense stare. Right now peace is felt.

Peace and love, Harry

amrita

Postby amrita » Wed May 31, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi Harry,

It sounds like you have been on a long and wonderful journey through your life.

How does it feel to hear that you don't exist, you have never existed, and all there is is the vastness of experience going on?

When you say, you get "nervous" where is the I that gets nervous?

Is the "I" you identify with a special type of thought? If so, how is it seen as seperate?

Best

Amrita

harry44

Postby harry44 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:39 am

Amrita

How does it feel to hear that you don't exist, you have never existed, and all there is is the vastness of experience going on?
Actually for a moment it was emptiness; then its description arrived and once that happened I was back in the story, the story being thought and all it encapsules.

When you say, you get "nervous" where is the I that gets nervous?
I don't know, however, when something is referred to it is the I which says it as I think it. So first the feeling of nervous and then its recognition through I. The I labels the feeling. Being aware of the labeling as it unfolds needs more attention.

Is the "I" you identify with a special type of thought? If so, how is it seen as separate?
Yes it is a thought, however, it is viewed as separate, a thought which judges whatever preceeds it.

You know the answers come right out yet I don't seem to be that close in their awareness minute to minute.

Peace and love Harry

amrita

Postby amrita » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:01 am

HI Harry,

Thank you for your answers. If you can learn to use the quote function it makes reading threads a little clearer and easier.

Actually for a moment it was emptiness; then its description arrived and once that happened I was back in the story, the story being thought and all it encapsules.
Does the self exist in the thought story? Or are you the thinker of thoughts?

Amrita x

harry44

Postby harry44 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:06 am

Amrita
Does the self exist in the thought story? Or are you the thinker of thoughts

It will be a challenge figuring out color scheme. Suddenly a thought is there; their arrival on some occasions has been seen, the thought is they just come uninvited. I would presume, then, I am the thinker of thoughts. By deduction: If I ask: Who is the I or where is the I...... IT cannot be found, so there is no I, and the thought must be memory, the past. So habit wins the thinker of thoughts. The self seems to be outside the story as the observer or judge of it, however, it is another thought, but this is not felt. The answer is not apparent right now.
Peace and love, harry

amrita

Postby amrita » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:35 am

Hi Harry,

I'm not sure I fully understand what you have written so lets spend a little more time looking at thoughts.

In this process we are looking for the self or I that we habitually identify with. However, when we look we can find no point that is an I or a self and we can let go of old beliefs about what we think we are.

So, are you the thoughts you think or are you the obsever of those thoughts?

Amrita

Return to “ARCHIVES”