Diving head in!

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
retro305

Diving head in!

Postby retro305 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:50 pm

What brings you to Liberation Unleashed?:
I have always known deep in my heart that we are all ONE. I have had a lot of glimpses of this Truth....I wish to grab it and always stay there. So far everything I am reading here resonates in my heart and I wish to learn more.

What are you looking for? What do you expect from this?:
To let myself dive in this river created by like minded people. I am currently building an orphanage in the country I am originally from. This is the kind of information that I wish to give our children so they will be able to break from the illusion of the separate self from the get-go. Wouldn't that be wonderful?!

What is your background in terms of seeking and inquiry?:
I have always known that I am a spiritual being having a human experience. I have always questioned...and have gotten good answers and now your site came in recommended by someone I deeply respect. I read it just a bit and I knew that I were to find here countless insights.

How ready are you to question your beliefs about who you are and see the truth no matter what?: 11

retro305

Re: Diving head in!

Postby retro305 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:28 pm

I'm so glad to be part of this group!

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:46 pm

Hello Retro 305,

(Would you like me to use a different name or stick with Retro 305?)

My name is Jon and I guide here at LU. I read you introduction, thank you. Are you familiar with what we offer here? Have you read some of the conversations on this guiding forum or read Gateless Gatecrashers (book), for instance?

In terms of expectations you have said:
To let myself dive in this river created by like minded people.
Can you let me know a little more what you mean and what you may expect to happen?

Warm regards,

Jon

retro305

Postby retro305 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:33 am

Hi Jon!! I am getting used to the navigation on tapatalk and now it's when I see that you replied to my introduction last year lol. Jon....I used to seek and I have found that God is everywhere, however I lose track of that from time to time when I catch myself speaking in duality from time to time. I said that I am glad that I am here because I feed of the environment and I have found that here is no other place where people gather to come to realize that there is no me or you. I am currently reading both of Ilona's books so I have an understanding of what is done here. Can you please help me?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:14 am

Hello,

What we do here at LU is point to No Self. As a guide, I ask you quite a few questions, each one aimed at offering you the opportunity to see no self. These questions take the form of a conversation.

I can offer to point to no self but I am not here to teach anything or give you beliefs. This is your inquiry. The more that you are prepared to put in to looking at your own experience the more you will get out of this

Please agree to post once a day and I will also try to do that. Let me know if this,will not be possible. Please give up reading spiritual books or videos whilst we talk here together. Ilona's book is OK. If you have a meditation practice it is fine to continue with that. We advise against consuming drink or drugs during this inquiry.

Please let me know what you hope or expect to achieve by engaging with a guide here? People can have many hopes and expectations, and it important to take a look at those first.List them all. Don't leave any out, however small.

Warm regards,

Jon

retro305

Postby retro305 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:17 am

Jon, I am committing to write at least once a day if not more on this conversation until I am able to see that there is no I. I don't do drugs or drink alcohol so we will be good indefinitely on that. I will refrain from reading any books until I finish my process. I am grateful to you for laying such clear ground rules.

retro305

Postby retro305 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:20 am

I am not interested in acquiring or dropping any beliefs. I am only interested in reach the place where I can finally see that there is no self. That is my only agenda and I am coming in with absolute willingness to question that there is a me and that there's you.

retro305

Postby retro305 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:23 am

I am very direct and transparent and I ask you to do and be the same. Sounds inmodest and I don't remember the last time that I acted childish. I don't believe that I will take anything that you say personally so you can give me as I call them "solid food" instead of baby formula because I believe I will assimilate what you tell me.

retro305

Postby retro305 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:24 am

With all that been said, I want to thank you for stepping up to the plate and start this walk with me. Thank you Jon.

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:02 pm

Hello.

Thanks for your replies.

I notice that you replied to someone on LU Gate forum who had posted for the frst time requesting a guide. Please do not post anywhere other than in your own thread, here. Could you please confirm that you understand what I have asked and that you agree not to write in other people's threads?

In future one or two replies to my own post will be fine, thank you. Thanks for agreeing to the ground rules.

Shall we begin?

There is no self, never was, never will be.

How do these words fall? What feeling comes up on reading them?

Regards,

Jon

retro305

Postby retro305 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi Jason. Robin made me aware of that protocol yesterday. Also, the several replies i made yesterday were answering your questions in the sequence that they were asked. I didn't leave everything in one paragraph. I was answering, replying and then going back to the next question and answering and replying. I will keep your suggestion in top of mind since now we have dived in the reason why I am here. Now to your question....the words resonate and I don't feel resistance towards them. I remember one time when I was 6 years old. I was looking at myself in the mirror and I stayed there for a few moments when suddenly I didn't recognize the image I was looking at. I felt as an "observer" looking from outside and that didn't freak me out, for some reason it made absolute sense to me. Then I "went back" to be me and looking at myself as myself. I go back to that experience from time to time however I see it as that, an experience not as a realization. Who was looking at the image of a 6 year old in the mirror? Wasn't that me?

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:15 pm

Robin made me aware of that protocol yesterday.
Oh good. Thanks.
Also, the several replies i made yesterday were answering your questions in the sequence that they were asked. I didn't leave everything in one paragraph. I was answering, replying and then going back to the next question and answering and replying.
Ah. I understand. thanks. You may have noticed that I have quoted you a couple of times? This is a very useful function that you can use too. It will enable you to address several statements in one post. Use the 'Quote' button (above) when replying and 'paste' the quoted text between the two markers that appear. Later, when you click on 'preview' before submitting your post, you will see how it works.
Now to your question....the words resonate and I don't feel resistance towards them. I remember one time when I was 6 years old. I was looking at myself in the mirror and I stayed there for a few moments when suddenly I didn't recognize the image I was looking at. I felt as an "observer" looking from outside and that didn't freak me out, for some reason it made absolute sense to me. Then I "went back" to be me and looking at myself as myself. I go back to that experience from time to time however I see it as that, an experience not as a realization. Who was looking at the image of a 6 year old in the mirror? Wasn't that me?
A very interesting experience.

Do you feel like a 'somebody'?

Please tell me what it is that you currently feel 'you' are.

Thank you,

Jon

retro305

Postby retro305 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:05 pm

95 percent of the time I feel like a somebody. The remaining 5 percent are those moments when I meditate and I get a sense of the "ghost in the machine". Then I tell myself: "you should come back more to that realization"...and I ask myself that if it's a realization I should not "come back to it". I haven't accepted it as Truth.

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:34 pm

Hi Retro305
95 percent of the time I feel like a somebody.
Tell me how that feels. Specifically, WHERE this is felt? For some, the feeling of 'me' or 'I' is experienced as somehow being inside a body. for others it seems to be more of an identification as a thinker or with thought in general.

Jon

retro305

Postby retro305 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:49 pm

Hmmm.....not in my thoughts. Cannot be the thinker because the thoughts are not even mine. This question really intrigued me......this awareness is everywhere. I identify more with this awareness. As I am writing I am being aware of it but I don't know how I am aware of this awareness....of this consciousness.

Return to “ARCHIVES”