Enlightenment

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
neville

Enlightenment

Postby neville » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:48 am

What brings you to Liberation Unleashed?
i came to know your website through Quora, Pete Ashley mentioned this in one of his answers, I have be searching for this , i can say all my life.. and finally i feel that i have reached the right place.

What are you looking for? What do you expect from this?
i really want to know who Iam ... iam not expecting anything other than seeing the truth, i believe this is why we are all born for.. to know who you really are. i have gone through your apps and must have read that around quite number of times but some how iam not able to go any further. i know that the one speaking inside me is not me, but then it is just knowledge and i need to experience this myself.

What is your background in terms of seeking and inquiry?
iam from south India and spirituality is a big part of our culture. i have been fascinated by Ramakrishna Paramahansa, Buddha etc etc. i had met my intial Guruji who gave me the book Gnana Yoga.. i was in late 20's, things moved on , i got married, and now living in scotland, Uk. iam 44 years and been trying to come back to what i started..iam presently reading your free pdf gateless gate and i know this exactly what i wanted in my life.

How ready are you to question your beliefs about who you are and see the truth no matter what?

Xain

Re: Enlightenment

Postby Xain » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:44 am

Hi Neville

Welcome to LU - My name is Xain, and I am a guide here.
i really want to know who Iam ... iam not expecting anything other than seeing the truth
You make me smile, as this was pretty-much my desire when I came to LU several years ago.
Whilst I can't promise for you to 'know who you are', I can promise that through my guidance you can realise that the belief that you are a seperate self, a person, a body . . . is entirely ficticious.
There has never been a 'real' seperate self - There isn't one now, there wasn't one yesterday, and there won't be one tomorrow. The guidance here will allow you to realise this.
As a bit of a conundrum, it will be realised that no 'real' person ever realised anything :)
i know that the one speaking inside me is not me, but then it is just knowledge and i need to experience this myself.
I understand. We can investigate this together.

Do you have any expectations about this process, or what it may lead to?
Do you have any worries or fears?

I look forward to hearing from you
Xain ♥

neville

Postby neville » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:40 pm

Dear Xain,

ou make me smile, as this was pretty-much my desire when I came to LU several years ago.
Whilst I can't promise for you to 'know who you are', I can promise that through my guidance you can realise that the belief that you are a seperate self, a person, a body . . . is entirely ficticious.
There has never been a 'real' seperate self - There isn't one now, there wasn't one yesterday, and there won't be one tomorrow. The guidance here will allow you to realise this.
As a bit of a conundrum, it will be realised that no 'real' person ever realised anything :)

i know that the one speaking inside me is not me, but then it is just knowledge and i need to experience this myself.

I understand. We can investigate this together.

I look forward to hearing from you

Dear Xain,
Thank you for your mail, much appreciated.
Let me come straight to your questions..

No, I don’t have any expectation other going through the gate, iam not worried what will happen as I know if at all there is anything that I need to undergo after that then there must be a reason for it.
No, I have no worries or fear… it more of a longing to reach there. As of now I feel that during working hours.. I straight away do the things as required to be done (I feel the ego /intellect is deciding the actions . But when iam alone and looking inward I can see my ego’s nature at a distance, I see how it pushes this body to do things and many times I just allow it to chatter and I do nothing about it.
After going through the LU app and contemplating on the messages, the ego has subdued a lot. There is not much chatter in the head, iam able to drive , walk without much of thinking. Iam able to be with silence ..but then its just for few seconds to minutes and then u suddenly realise, a thought as just jumped in again and iam being carried on to think / worry about it.
I do have questions in knowing how it feels to be after knowing that there is no self.
For e.g .
What is this purpose the of this human and animal life when we are all one, where are we going and why are we going?
But I hope all this will be cleared once you are there..

Xain, I liked your screen picture of tree.. I love trees, I feel like they are our ancestors and big part of us , only that humans have never understood their values fully.
Thank you once again, looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
Neville

Xain

Postby Xain » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:56 pm

Hi Neville
No, I have no worries or fear… it more of a longing to reach there.
And when 'you reach there' - What do you expect?
What is 'there' exactly? Why are you not 'there' now?
After going through the LU app and contemplating on the messages, the ego has subdued a lot.
That is good to hear. But is it important?
Do you believe that 'ego being subdued' is something to do with this investigation / guidance in LU?
but then its just for few seconds to minutes and then u suddenly realise, a thought as just jumped in again and iam being carried on to think / worry about it.
Are you expecting worries to stop?
I do have questions in knowing how it feels to be after knowing that there is no self.
Knowing how 'who' feels?
Are you expecting feeling to change in some way?

Wether it is believed or not, there is no self right now - Why should it feel any different to the feeling right now?
What is this purpose the of this human and animal life when we are all one, where are we going and why are we going?
These ideas and beliefs are not something I can address here. All I can offer is to guide you to realise that there is no 'real' separate self. In doing so, it is realised there has never been a 'real' separate self, nor will there be in the future.
Xain, I liked your screen picture of tree.. I love trees, I feel like they are our ancestors and big part of us
I appreciate the compliment. Thank you. I believe the picture is a standard one given to guides. I didn't choose it.

Best wishes
Xain ♥

neville

Postby neville » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:22 pm

Dear Xain,

Thank you for your immediate reply, hope it is ok if I can write response directly to your questions
And when 'you reach there' - What do you expect?
When I say that I reach there, I realise that it is my mind, my ego which says that . it is quite difficult to differentiate as who really wants to reach there , as I know that there is no self but everything I do or act is thought by the self / mind , this image of me is acting just like an real person and playing out the scenes what it can expect. The expectation is to experience the shared stories of other awakened people. For e.g I ( saying it in first person ) just saw the video of actor Jim Carrey telling about his experience in you tube.

What is 'there' exactly? Why are you not 'there' now?
it is the moment where one sees that there is no self and one is part of this universal consciousness. My self believes he still alive and well and he is still a person that everything revolves from his perspective
After going through the LU app and contemplating on the messages, the ego has subdued a lot.

That is good to hear. But is it important?
Do you believe that 'ego being subdued' is something to do with this investigation / guidance in LU?
No, it is not important, the whole point to realise that there is no ego or self .. it does not matter if it is little ego or too much ego.
but then its just for few seconds to minutes and then u suddenly realise, a thought as just jumped in again and iam being carried on to think / worry about it.

Are you expecting worries to stop?
No Xain, worries will not stop, it will be there but there will no self to own it.

Knowing how 'who' feels?
Are you expecting feeling to change in some way?
The answer is the same as above , till now the self is feeling /experiencing this , once this self is unseen then the experiencer is removed but the experience stays.
Whether it is believed or not, there is no self right now - Why should it feel any different to the feeling right now?
Iam not able to answer this .. I need more time to contemplate on this question.

These ideas and beliefs are not something I can address here. All I can offer is to guide you to realise that there is no 'real' separate self. In doing so, it is realised there has never been a 'real' separate self, nor will there be in the future.
I understand and agree with you, iam here to awake ,

thank you with all my heart in being with me , help me, guide me to go through this gate.
jut to write my experience , whenever i write responses to your questions , my mind goes blank and there is pin drop silence inside me.

Xain

Postby Xain » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:18 am

thank you with all my heart in being with me , help me, guide me to go through this gate.
No problem. Full guidance hasn't really started yet. I'm just chatting with you to establish what we can achieve together and the direction we will go.
The expectation is to experience the shared stories of other awakened people.
This is an expectation.
Through my guidance, no-one is going to become an awakened person, have flashes of light and see life differently.
Also, realising 'no self' isn't a final thing. In some ways, it's only the beginning of a journey.
You MUST put all ideas about 'what I am going to achieve or experience' to one-side, because they are all based on an 'I'.
The ONLY THING we are here for is for me to guide you to realise that there is no real 'I'.
it is the moment where one sees that there is no self and one is part of this universal consciousness.
Realising 'no self' is possible.
'Universal Consciousness' is a spiritual belief that isn't anything to do with the guidance.

I will request that you put all spiritual, religious and scientific beliefs to one side for the guidance, as they will only hinder you.
Approach this from a basic understanding.
once this self is unseen then the experiencer is removed but the experience stays.
Nothing is being removed.
Experience will not change at all. Nothing will change.
The only thing that will happen is that you will realise there has never been a separate experiencer.

Further guidelines:
1) Please write at least once per day - If you know you won't be able to do this, just let me know in advance. I'll try to do the same.
2) Put aside all expectations other than the one I mention.
3) Put aside all spiritual, religious and scientific ideas and beliefs and approach this very simply.
4) Please ensure you read the FAQ, and in particular 'What Liberation Unleashed is not'.
It's located here:
http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/

Do you have any further questions before we begin?

Xain ♥

neville

Postby neville » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:52 pm

Dear Xain,

thank you, will follow your guidance strictly. i have gone through the FAQ , i have stopped reading any other books regarding the same. all my intent now is to realise there is no self.

i will post every single day and if its not going be possible ill let you know. ill be travelling fro 2 week to manila and sinagpore for work related but iam sure i can keep up my commitment.

i am ready now to start .

thank you,

Neville

Xain

Postby Xain » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:27 am

Ok, Neville.

Let us first of all consider what is meant by 'I'.

Please answer in simple terms from what appears to be true for you.

For example, would 'I am looking at a screen, and I am reading words off a screen' right now be held as true for you?
So 'I' is looking (using the senses) and 'I' am reading (understanding words).

Perhaps 'I' is the body, and the body senses the outside world.
Perhaps 'I' is controlling the body - Making arms and legs move.
Perhaps 'I' is making choices and decisions (like asking me for guidance, and choosing what you are going to reply to this message).

Those are some common examples of what 'I' is usually associated with.
What seems true for you? Give me your own interpretation.

Xain ♥

neville

Postby neville » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:43 pm

Dear Xain,
Sorry for being late to reply , I wanted to take more time to answer your question and some quite time to reflect and answer!.
So 'I' is looking (using the senses) and 'I' am reading (understanding words).
There is no ‘I’ when iam reading this . it is just my eyes are looking and the mind is reading it.

Generally, the ‘I’ portrays like a image of my body with a personality and gives advises / plans or reflects past most of the time. When I realise that it is just a thought, then there is a bit of silence and then after a few minute again the ‘I’ comes up with past / future issue and again gets engaged. This on and off is being continued most of these days.
I know that ‘I’ does not control my body, it is more engaged in past for future activities.
I understand and the mind ( I don’t know how to express mind, I feel it is like intelligence that deciphers your senses and conveys the results /outcomes). It is better to say as intelligence gathered through knowledge fully accepts that ‘I’ is a thought.
yesterday I was in a conference and it was well received , the ‘I’ is more active and happy and starts imagining all the future possibilities in one’s life.
Only when I sit back quietly, I can see that it’s the thoughts ‘I’ which is feeling that way. It just the body and mind is present looking at the world as it is. Nothing past… nothing future.
Not sure if iam making sense..
Once again my apologies for the delay in replying.
Thank you
Neville

Xain

Postby Xain » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:23 pm

The word 'I' is usually used to point to something separate that is responsible.
There is no ‘I’ when i am reading this . it is just my eyes are looking and the mind is reading it.
So in this phrase 'eyes' and 'mind' is 'you' (the 'I').
That is the separate 'thing' that is assumed to be responsible for these actions.
Not sure if iam making sense.
Yes, it makes sense.
The majority of what you are saying matches the usual view of 'I am this body', and 'I have a mind and personality'.

We will begin examining things tomorrow (and I will begin with an exercise for you).
My guidance is very simple, and I address things one thing at a time.
I will request that you only examine what I am asking to keep things focussed and simple.

First, we will examine the senses and the body.
The we will examine choice and control.
Then we will examine thoughts and mind.

Xain ♥

neville

Postby neville » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:12 pm

thank you Xain for your immediate response,

looking forward for the exercise!

Neville

Xain

Postby Xain » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:32 am

Sorry for the small delay - Let's begin.

Ok, we've considered what we think 'I' is all about - Let's now go and see what we can FIND.
This might turn out to be quite different.

I will begin with 'seeing' only - Please only focus on this one sense from now on - We will only move on until that one sense is examined and fully understood.

Ok, right now there are objects being seen -A room, a computer screen, walls etc
It doesn't matter what it is, I am going to refer to it as 'what can be seen'.

So right now in 'seeing', there is 'what can be seen'.
Does that seem fair to say? (it's very simple).

1) Right now, can you find anything else in 'seeing' other than 'what can be seen'?
Sit there - Examine your experience in 'seeing' - What can be found.
2) Can a function / an action called 'seeing' be found? Can you find an activity taking place? Or can you find only 'what can be seen'?
3) Can you find anything at all (an 'I', a Body, a Neville) that is responsible for 'seeing' - Can you find what is making 'seeing' happen?
Or can you only find 'what can be seen'?

Tell me what you find.

Xain ♥

neville

Postby neville » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:13 am

Dear Xain,
Thank you for your mail, please don’t say sorry, what you are doing this to me is big favour and there may be so many more things that you need to do. you can send me your response whenever it is convenient for you.
I had followed as you said , something has changed after reading your mail. I was sitting in my car and watching through the window. First I see the way just they are…and then few micro seconds later something behind me is labelling things like the trees, colours, leaves etc etc, the rain making different pattern. I can see the label little more separately and clearly!. it soon attaches a story wherever possible. I think it is me but now when I see carefully … it is like another thought.
I spent the whole day wherever possible to see this difference and it always happens where there is a label / story after a few micro seconds of seeing.

not sure if i have answered your questions, let me know if iam wrong

thank you once again for being with me.

regards

Neville

Xain

Postby Xain » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:34 am

I had followed as you said , something has changed after reading your mail.
Are you expecting something to 'change'? Why?
Is this some-sort of expectation?
Not sure if i have answered your questions, let me know if iam wrong
My guidance is very simple.
All that you need to do is to do the exercise that I asked, and tell me what can be found.
Answer the questions from 1 to 3 from what can be found / confirmed doing the exercise.

Xain ♥

neville

Postby neville » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:49 am

Hi Xain ,
Sorry , my mistake . I'll begin again and follow just your 3 questions..
Regards
Neville

Return to “ARCHIVES”