SelfingStrong

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
forgetmenot

Re: SelfingStrong

Postby forgetmenot » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:11 am

Hello Lisa,
Can you see that both the ‘visual sight’ (colour) and the sensation appear simultaneously but ‘separately’, meaning that none of them is coming from the other or contained by the other?
Yes.
Here is a great clip which shows how there is no correlation between sensation and hand!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dphlhmt ... e=youtu.be
No location at all for the sensations. Weird!
So, to consolidate the seeing of this, I would like for you to do the following two exercises. One to see if a 'feeler' and object can be found, and the second to confirm if experience does or does not have a location.

So by doing those exercises, is it clearer about the body and that the body is AE of thought? Is it clearer that experience does not have a location? Is it clearer that there is no separation?

You and I have done a lot of LOOKING and seeing what IS, as opposed to what thought says is, and you also investigated quite a lot with Dave, prior to our connection.

So, you may have noticed that nothing changes, but everything looks different. Does that make sense in your experience?

What has changed since the start of your thread and what hasn’t?

Is seeking still going on?

Kay
Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.
https://freedomalreadyis.com/

EMWBerry

Postby EMWBerry » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi Kay,
So by doing those exercises, is it clearer about the body and that the body is AE of thought? Is it clearer that experience does not have a location? Is it clearer that there is no separation?
This is where Dave and I would get stuck. Clearer yes. I definitely wouldn’t ride my bike recklessly in city traffic with no helmet and not worry about what might happen to my ‘body’ though, if that makes sense. Separation is clearer though That one probably slips away easiest. And with location, there is something I am missing. Im not exactly sure why no location is relevant. Is it just that ‘I’ am not the center of experience?
So, you may have noticed that nothing changes, but everything looks different. Does that make sense in your experience?
No, I can’t really say that anything looks that different.
What has changed since the start of your thread and what hasn’t?
As far as experience goes, I haven’t noticed that anything has changed. I definitely have a better understanding of things but things generally feel the same.

Is seeking still going on? Yes. I’m not sure what it is but this all still feels like a very intellectual understanding. I guess the penny has not dropped so to speak. I’m starting to wonder if maybe the timing is not right or this is just not going to happen for some reason. It still feels like there is me here who needs to be protected, and do things or control things. Is this something that happens often?

Thank you!
Lisa

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:17 am

Hello Lisa,

Your responses don't surprise me. Okay…so you have this intellectually…so now you need to apply it. It seems that you are quite happy to continue doing exercises forever, and yet not really implementing what you are seeing via these exercises into daily life, so that what is being seen via the exercises is confirmed over and over and over until an insight, a penny dropping moment appears, and something becomes a knowing. And believe you me...this takes constant, diligent LOOKING day in and day out and it takes time. The whole point of all these exercises is that when the idea of an "I" shows itself...you know how to LOOK, whether the idea is about being a body, the thinker, the controller, the decider, chooser, sufferer and so on....you have the TOOL KIT and know how to LOOK at what actually IS..so start to use it!

It is like learning the ABC. When you learned the ABC you then had to apply it to learn to read. This is no different. Start to apply what you are learning; without application, nothing will change.

I suggest you go back and reread your entire thread from beginning and start to apply what is being pointed at.

Kay

EMWBerry

Postby EMWBerry » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:58 am

Hi Kay...still working on going through the thread. I have actually been applying what I’ve learned from the exercises and looking on a regular basis. It feels pretty constant to me and has for the past few months but perhaps it’s not as often as it needs to be. In any case, I just wanted to send an update. Will touch base again shortly.
Thanks,
Lisa

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:20 am

Hey Lisa....thank you for touching base! I appreciate it. Yes, the application ie LOOKING does need to be constant. Not just occasionally...but constantly, until the idea of LOOKING brings a groan! Doesn't sound like fun, I know...but it's not about fun..it's about continually looking and not finding that brings the realisation.

Love, Kay

EMWBerry

Postby EMWBerry » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:14 am

Hi Kay,
We have been away for a few days but I am still working on going through all of this. It’s taking some time - I hope that’s ok. Just wanted to let you know.
Thanks,
Lisa

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:26 am

Hey Lisa....that is fine, take the time you need. Thank you for keeping me in the loop.

Love, Kay

EMWBerry

Postby EMWBerry » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:06 am

Hi...still looking...I think I’m getting the hang of this. Going away for several days but will write more when I get back.
Lisa

Return to “THE GATE”