My non-history

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
zew

My non-history

Postby zew » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:51 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
LU helps people to see with their "real"/"natural" eyes, without the hallucinations produced by a lot of misleading factors (believes, social structure, brain structure, sensory illusions, spiritual fairy tales, etc.).
Actually the process is easy like removing a eyeglasses, but it seems difficult because there are a lot of inner resistances...

What are you looking for at LU?
I've see through the fake "I" some months ago and I feeling so grateful that I'd like to help others to be free from this apparent inner-demon.
Is a definitive shift of point of view, subtle but stable.
Befor the shif, all the world was hold up by the "I".
Now the world (life) flows by itself.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
've read Gateless Gatecrashers and your Direct Pointing ebook, so i'm a bit familiar with the metodology.
I'd simply like to give support for those italians who maybe can't afford perfectly english language.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
My first experience was Buddhism and Zen.
Later i applied 4°way teaching (Gurdjieff) in my daily life.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Ilona
Site Admin

Re: My non-history

Postby Ilona » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:48 pm

Hi Zew,
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here and appreciate your willingness to help with guiding!
Can you tell us what happened, what was seen, what changed, how does life look now?

Kind regards
Truth realized will set you free.
http://ilonaciunaite.com/book

zew

Postby zew » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi Ilona,
Can you tell us what happened, what was seen
Technically a brain-reconfiguration... de-hypnotized from brainwashing :)
I was applying some instructions (stay in touch with reality, cease all beliefes about "me/others/etc" and discover actually/truly/sincerely what/where is "self"). After a deep and persistent inquiry I've got an insight, the "idea of me" was seen as allucination (a "wanna be" delusional-state). This Aha moment reveals the evident truth that was always under the nose, i.e. there is nobody here and never there was/will be.
In a certain sense i've seen nothing (no real personal-entity ruling the game). But instead of negate ad nauseam (intellectually) this clear vision I just stayed with it, with the truth.
Now that the false was seen, I smile and pass by... like in front of a child-fib.
what changed, how does life look now?
The body-mind suddenly felt lighter, nothing special (no siddhi, blissful state) just instant serenity.
The brain has calmed down and since that day the sense of "I-me-mine" vanisced.
The use of "I" has become only a conventional/insubstantial tool, an harmless sound, a linguistic construct, a sign. It trigged no more the head like in the old brainwashing.
The good news is that without the conviction of an "I" is possible to appreciate more the spontaneous manifestations of life (emotions, sounds, relations, and even ideas). Thoughts are not seen as an enemy, something to stop/fight/avoid but simply as waves swaying occasionally here and there.

Hug!

zew

Postby zew » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:18 pm

uh, i forget
an obvious collateral-effect is the end of compulsive-seeking (both spiritual and mundane).
It's such a relief !!!

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:56 pm

Wonderful! It is such a relief indeed! And amazement, how come it's not a common knowing...
we have some final questions here, would be good to read your answers before you join the guides.

Sweet! Here they are :)

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.

3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before? Please report from the past few days.

4) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?

5) Can you talk about decision, intention, free will, choice and control? What makes things happen? How does it work? What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.

6) Anything to add?

Please answer in full, when ready.

Much love.
Truth realized will set you free.
http://ilonaciunaite.com/book

zew

Postby zew » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:41 pm

1) No, there is no separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form. IT never was there and never will be.

2) the illusion of separate self is exactly this, an illusion (a tricky one because involves subtle sensory inputs, vague physical-impressions mixed with strong believe-system). It's a mind-projection.
It pops up (in my case) in early age, when somebody implanted in my head the assumption that there is a factual entity separated from the rest of the world.
From my experience the "separated-me" assumption settled in schooling, where the "me-idea" was strengthened due to a lot of judgment.
Since those years a set of new believes (thoughts-pattern) began running everyday, making stronger the fundamental assumption hidden behind them, i.e. "there is an evident me with some good-bad qualities striving to survive".
I never questioned the assumptin because it seems so obvious. A classical fallacy, if everybody believe it, it must be true. This was such a stupid attitude (not only false but also disadvantageous, so doubly-stupid).
Anyway I (the brain) protect vigorously this silly asusmption for 33 years, since something happened: I was exhausted.
I saw the senselessness of my behavior, the foolishness of my opinions.
I got confused "facts" with "opinions". And instead of pointing to facts/truth (moon) the brain pointed systematically to opinions/lies (finger).
I was an incurable liar!
Once recognized this crazy situation I was so upset and disappointed. I started to doubt of everyone/thing. I wanted only the truth, not lies over lies!
This exigency for the truth was likely the point of no return. I could not accept any more lie, not even for fun.
Like you say is absurd how come it's not a common behavior...
Well, then the road was in downhill: I just had to look honestly (without preconceptions) at what is really happening. No more effort to see (acknowledge) that there is only pure-impersonal seeing.
3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before? Please report from the past few days.
As I said it was an immense relief. The body is freed from an heavy burden. Even if the burden was inexistent, it seemed heavy because of imaginary gravity. The nervous-tension (discomfort, unhappiness) was loaded by the importance given to the false concept of self.
Neuronal-firing activates emotional states and vice, a vicious loop.
The difference is that now there is no vicious loop. Mind is quiete, no monkey-mind jumping from one desire/habit to the other. No need to uphold any idea or to fight/defend verbally "myself".
The magic is in the automaticity of releasing.
Before I need to breath deeply/visualize/concentrate/meditate/stay in silence, etc. just to be in peace (rest for some minute).
Now all is calm by itself, all day. It was always calm.
Was a sadistic tail wagging the dog, lasting for years.
4) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?
The need of truth. I was sick of lies, saying/listening lies all day long (justifying with other lies - job, family, frieds). It was nauseating.
The situation literally made me crazy. It's not worth-living in a fake word.
Life and truth became synonymous... as believe-system (thought-linguistic-pattern) and lies are synonymous.

5) decision, intention, free will, choice and control.. they don't exist.
They are goofy social-philosophical (often spiritual and scientific) ways to deal with unknown. Uh, they are also a politic tool to control people (but is another issue :) ).
If I make you believe that you have a karma (special responsability), you need to pay for your debts. Who earns from this? Banks, religious castes, istitutions, etc.
What makes things happen? How does it work? What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.
No-thing makes things happen.
Things happen because happen
No need for any logica-reason, for a special-creator.
The problem is not the happaning (it's perfect) but the intellectual approach (emotional reaction) to what is happening.

If there is no free will, how can I be responsible for something.
S**t happens.
Why?
My answer is "why not?"
The heart stops beating, am I responsible for my death?
6) Anything to add?
Yep... this site (the experiences of others coinciding with mine) helps me to clarify again and again the actual acknowledgment. It is never useless nor too late to reconfirm the truth.

Peace & love to everybody

zew

Postby zew » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:21 pm

6) Anything to add?
-
underline that there is no doubt about the fictitious self.
in this case the absence of hesitancy is pivotal. When you're done you are really done, not just in words. At that point you no longer shilly-shally in front of it.

Return to “ARCHIVES”