Please guide x

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
falcontooth

Please guide x

Postby falcontooth » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:33 pm

What brings you to Liberation Unleashed?:

I'm having trouble staying focused and looking properly..im not sure if I know how to really look and get this over with.

What are you looking for? What do you expect from this?:

I expect to look and somehow see that everythibg is happening automatically. I want to know that I just need to stay focused or know how to look with honesty.

What is your background in terms of seeking and inquiry?:

lots of years different teachings. been on here before a year or two ago..it was conceptual. not a real knowing in my own experience.

How ready are you to question your beliefs about who you are and see the truth no matter what? On a scale from one to ten (ten being most ready). : 11

falcontooth

Re: Please guide x

Postby falcontooth » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:08 pm

so its not seeking in teachers and books and thinking about it..its looking at direct experience..I'm having difficulty staying focused on looking or how to look and feel that some further guidance will push looking deeper..as theres resistance and its tricky. I did expect negative thoughts to stop and I also expected to become something..a better person, more peaceful and accepting of the scariness of life..like I'd become untouchable by the scary stuff and also there was specialness for a time. I expected that thered be no more scary stuff no more worries or fear or problems or bad habits. behaviours. thats why i was seeking..to escape the scary stuff by using nonduality to cushion it and to be a better person..character.

falcontooth

Postby falcontooth » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:16 pm

but when the shit hit the fan..being a better person went out the window too and there is just a longing for relief from this fear that i am responsible..getting life wrong..not a better person because i cant ever get there and i really want to see..is this really true. please help push the looking so the seeking can stop. it goes round and round in a loop and a conclusion please. i need a good push. stubborn! or something..if its right here ordinary plain seeing..it must be getting constantly hijacked!

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:57 pm

Hi Falcon,

My name is Kay, and I am happy to assist you in exploring the illusion of the separate self.

If you haven't already seen it, there is introductory info found in the following link, as well as a short picture slide which is recommended viewing. Please make sure you have read the disclaimer as well.
http://www.liberationunleashed.com/

Please learn to use the quote function. When replying to a question, please use the quote function to highlight the question being answered. Instructions are located in the link below:

http://liberationunleashed.com/nation/v ... ?f=4&t=660

Just let me know if you are okay with me being your guide and that you have read the disclaimer and so on, and we can then start the exploration.

Cheers, Kay
Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.
https://freedomalreadyis.com/

falcontooth

Postby falcontooth » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:16 am

Hello Kay. Thank you for the guidance its much appreciated. I have been to the link and viewed the disclaimer.

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:30 am

Hi Falcon,

How would you like to be addressed? As Falcon?

Just some further housekeeping.

1. Post at least once a day, if you cannot post, or need more time, let me know.

2. Be 100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

3. ANSWER ONLY FROM ACTUAL EXPERIENCE (smell, taste, sound, sensation, colour and observed thoughts). Read this article at http://liberationunleashed.com/articles ... xperience/ for more help on distinguishing what is actual/direct experience.) Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process.

4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies, rituals, practices and so on for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily and essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.

5. Understand that I will be guiding you, rather than teaching you, and the more you put into this process the more you will get out of it.

Throughout this exploration I will ask questions and set you some exercises for you to help you make the realisation that there is no separate self. This will be the focus. There are no right or wrong answers and there is nobody judging you. You can't get this wrong.

Could you answer the following questions (Please answer each question individually and don’t forget to use the quote function)

1. How will life change?
2. How will you change?
3. What will be different?
4. What is missing?
5. What would you like to achieve or obtain by this conversation?

Kay

falcontooth

Postby falcontooth » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:02 pm

)1. How will life change? 
Writing this I can see how some previous expectations have been falling away which was that thought would stop, especially negative thought..which is very radical to me and there is resistance to that as it is one of the biggest hopes. I also expected that life would not be scary anymore and there would be no doubts. Perhaps no more strugges or definitely no more issues.

2. How will you change?

i would become a more peaceful loving person.I would have no issues or character degects or flaws..Id be always in the light of whats right or something..id know what to do and how to behave. i would function better. i would be more couragious than i am. i would be able to serve others better because i wouldnt be so self focused and closed minded. I'd escape scary stuff and fearful things escape where I could be safe is what it sounded like somehow. I'd be wiser.yI'd I'll be clear..no longer confused. I'll have a get out of hell pass. which I'll be here to receive. I wont feel responsible r that Im not the doer. Life will unfold in a smoother way.Sorry for my spelling I am using small phone to type. I'll answer more later when I can get the time to write more. Thanks

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi Falcon,

I will wait until you have answered them all before I respond.

Kay xxoo

falcontooth

Postby falcontooth » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:11 pm

3. What will be different?
The stuff I mentioned above but Im starting to suspect/realise that it beliefs
4. What is missing?
The person I imagined I'd become that has all those attributes and qualities. Whats missing..the feeling of knowing with unshakeable doubt so when scary stuff comes in life I know its not really what it looks like now
The focus to look without being distracted. The know how to look. For seeking to stop and if there is no me then for that to be clear rather than stuck on a loop and looking outside myself if this is where it is. To be guided to look effectively. To be pushed out of my comfort zone and end the seeking.

falcontooth

Postby falcontooth » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Thank you

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:06 am

Hi Falcon,

When reading my responses, please become aware of what arises for you. What sensations happen in the body and where, what emotions appear ie anger, resentment, fear, resistance, joy, peace etc and just let me know.

We are looking at expectations and fears which can hinder the process of LOOKING, but also cover the ‘seeing’ when it happens as there are expectations of what it may look or feel like and what changes may or may not occur.
How will life change?
Writing this I can see how some previous expectations have been falling away which was that thought would stop, especially negative thought..which is very radical to me and there is resistance to that as it is one of the biggest hopes. I also expected that life would not be scary anymore and there would be no doubts. Perhaps no more strugges or definitely no more issues.
There was no separate individual before you came to LU and there is no separate individual now and never has been….so why would life change? There has never been a separate individual who is living a life or who struggles or is fearful or has doubts. There is no separate individual who is thinking thoughts or who has control over what thoughts appear.
2. How will you change?
i would become a more peaceful loving person.I would have no issues or character degects or flaws..Id be always in the light of whats right or something..id know what to do and how to behave. i would function better. i would be more couragious than i am. i would be able to serve others better because i wouldnt be so self focused and closed minded. I'd escape scary stuff and fearful things escape where I could be safe is what it sounded like somehow. I'd be wiser.yI'd I'll be clear..no longer confused. I'll have a get out of hell pass. which I'll be here to receive. I wont feel responsible r that Im not the doer. Life will unfold in a smoother way.
These expectations are great to be aware of because you will be wanting to compare ‘now’ to ‘later’ to see if the ‘person’ has improved. Seeing through the illusory ‘person’ may or may not bring changes – this process is NOT about self improvement….how can it be when there is no separate ‘self/person/entity/thing’. These expectations are for an illusory ‘person’ that does not exist and never has existed. And as there is no thinker of thoughts and no control of what thoughts appear, then there is no control of what is done, chosen or decided.
What will be different?
The stuff I mentioned above but Im starting to suspect/realise that it beliefs
That’s great! And yep…there is no one/nothing that has beliefs either! The label ‘belief’ is given to a combination of thoughts and thoughts are actual (direct) experience but what thoughts and labels are ABOUT are pure fiction.
4. What is missing?
The person I imagined I'd become that has all those attributes and qualities. Whats missing..the feeling of knowing with unshakeable doubt so when scary stuff comes in life I know its not really what it looks like now
Isn’t that such a relief…that the person you imagined having attributes and qualities is missing and there is nobody/nothing that can gain or achieve anything at all!
The focus to look without being distracted. The know how to look. For seeking to stop and if there is no me then for that to be clear rather than stuck on a loop and looking outside myself if this is where it is. To be guided to look effectively. To be pushed out of my comfort zone and end the seeking.
I can only point but how diligently and carefully you LOOK is up to you. As they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink. You’ll be happy to learn that there is no seeker and never has been either!

What LOOKING is
Looking isn’t difficult. It doesn’t require any special skills. ‘Looking’ is just plain looking to what is here right now. When you need your car keys and look everywhere for them – that is looking. It’s noticing sound, taste, smell, sensation and colours (images) to see what is really present (actual/direct experience) and always has been; as well as noticing thought/s - not thinking, but noticing or being ‘aware’ of thought/s. Thoughts tend to pull you away from looking directly, as by directly looking into actual experience, you will inevitably unveil the trick they play in creating the illusion of an "I".

I use the terminology ‘actual experience’ (AE) instead of direct experience.

Kay xxoo

falcontooth

Postby falcontooth » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:03 am

Isn’t that such a relief…that the person you imagined having attributes and qualities is missing and there is nobody/nothing that can gain or achieve anything at all!
It's like yes..it would be..but the qualities and attributes that are missing dont imply there is no one with those qualities, more a different person running instead, a failing person, a lost person, a person who doesnt know how to be a person and is trying to please those around that insist on there being people, people that need to succeed andbe something, or do something, or solve something, really feels like a person already,when the shit hits the fan.. just not an enlightened one.

falcontooth

Postby falcontooth » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:03 am

It's like yes..it would be..but the qualities and attributes that are missing dont imply there is no one with those qualities, more a different person running instead, a failing person, a lost person, a person who doesnt know how to be a person and is trying to please those around that insist on there being people, people that need to succeed andbe something, or do something, or solve something, really feels like a person already,when the shit hits the fan.. just not an enlightened one.

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:13 am

There is no 'person/entity' who has either positive or negative attributes or qualities. It is impossible for something that doesn't exist to become enlightened! And since there is no 'person' called Falcon who resides in a body and is running around trying to live life and become a better person....then there are no 'others' either!

Getting expectations and fears out in the open and out of the way is an important first step. Below is a list explaining what the LU process is not:

This is not a way to escape your daily life.
This is not about gaining something extra, becoming something special.
This is not about cultivating an altered state of consciousness.
This isn’t a trick of the mind, or twisting the mind into believing certain thoughts.
This is not about gaining a particular bit of knowledge.
This is not about having a certain thought or sequence of thoughts.
This is not about becoming a holy, good, moral or better person.
This is not a belief, religion, or a philosophy, it not magical or mystical.
This is not going to lead you to eternal peace and happiness, it is not about happiness.
This is not about freedom from emotions and intense feelings.
This is not about getting rid of self, ego, I.
This is not a solution to problems in relationships.
This is not a way to get free of depression or other diseases.
This is not about stopping thoughts, changing thoughts, getting rid of thoughts.
This is not a way to make the story of you disappear.
This is not about convincing you of anything.
This is not something that will lead to accumulation of money or things.
This is not a self-improvement program.

Kay xxoo

falcontooth

Postby falcontooth » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:20 am

I can only point but how diligently and carefully you LOOK is up to you. As they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink. You’ll be happy to learn that there is no seeker and never has been either!

What LOOKING is
Looking isn’t difficult. It doesn’t require any special skills. ‘Looking’ is just plain looking to what is here right now. When you need your car keys and look everywhere for them – that is looking. It’s noticing sound, taste, smell, sensation and colours (images) to see what is really present (actual/direct experience) and always has been; as well as noticing thought/s - not thinking, but noticing or being ‘aware’ of thought/s. Thoughts tend to pull you away from looking directly, as by directly looking into actual experience, you will inevitably unveil the trick they play in creating the illusion of an "I".

I use the terminology ‘actual experience’ (AE) instead of direct experience.
Thanks Kay. I understand. I'm also confused as
how diligently and carefully you LOOK is up to you.
But if
there is no thinker of thoughts and no control of what thoughts appear, then there is no control of what is done, chosen or decided.
Then looking cant be up to me either, if there is no me to look..but also I get that there is looking..if yousaid to me..look at that tree..Looking at the tree happens. I have been trying to look but I must be trying to look at the mental image thats taken to be me, or getting distracted often.

Last night laying in bed it was like all the sensations were in one bigger space that they were floating in, not as a hand or an arm or foot, em, energy and it was like sleeping but not being asleep. There have been many glimpses but the narration cranks up and the fears oil the gears..the pull of whats taken as meaning something gets the attention and then life seems threatening.

Return to “ARCHIVES”