Looking for guidance

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Maranna

Re: Looking for guidance

Postby Maranna » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:06 pm

No, all mind created stuff.
Thank you for making me question this, so grateful to you!
Hugs

minddweller

Postby minddweller » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:18 am

Lovely, I have no more questions and will check to see if any of the other guides have any further questions for you if not this is the end of our dialogue for now.

It has been a real pleasure and sorry if 'I' got you out in the freezing garden the other day!
Much love
M

Maranna

Postby Maranna » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:41 pm

Thank you! It has been a real pleasure for me too, but not during!

Yesterday's exercise with intention was great, I stayed with it for a large part of the day, and today too during my walk. This has shown me how such a big part of our lives, planning future events, can happen so effortlessly.
And I meant the balmy 3 degrees, no big deal at all.

Much love to you, too. Anna

minddweller

Postby minddweller » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:20 am

Hello Anna,

One of the guides has some more questions for you:
Where is this "I" located that gets out of the way for decisions to make themselves?
What exactly is it that can have a "big ego"?
What is it that will continue to live a 'day to day' life and be 'neighbourly'?
What can" meddle" or "control" anything?
Warm wishes,
M

Maranna

Postby Maranna » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Thank you.

All my answers were given in a habitual manner of speech.

1, WHERE IS THIS "I"LOCATED THAT. GETS OUT OF THE WAY FOR DECISIONS TO MAKE THEMSELVES?

Of course there is no "I", nor has there ever been one that would make decisions. It is now seen that they make
themselves.

2, WHAT EXACTLY IS IT THAT CAN HAVE A BIG EGO?

A personality who believes he/she has a "self" that controls, etc

3, WHAT IS IT THAT WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE A DAILY LIFE AND BE NEIGHBORLY?

That which has seen through the illusion of the separate self.

4, WHAT CAN MEDDLE OR CONTROL ANYTHING?

The "I", "me", "self", when not seen.

Warmest regards, Anna

minddweller

Postby minddweller » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:20 pm

Hi Anna,
Thanks for your patience.

1) Great. Same as seen here.
Just in case this needs further looking into, the answers to these questions is evident when looked for in actual sensate experience:
2) How would personality be described from direct experience? Find this personality. Where does it exist?
3) Is there something that has seen through the illusion of self or is seeing that see's what is seen?

With regards to number
4), when the self is not seen to be fiction can 'it' then be in control? If so how does it work?

Is there still resistance to the truth? No worries it will pass too.
:-)

Maranna

Postby Maranna » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Oh yes, language.

2, personality in d e is thought

3, It is seeing that sees what is seen

4,this is really hard to explain precisely, but put simply: when " I" believed my "self" to be real, I also believed it to
have a lot of control in and over my life. Could never believe that now.
Put simply: there is NO belief in anything that could control anything in "my" life.

No resistance to the truth, it's desired more than ever, but maybe frustration with expressing clearly what is seen and felt because of old habits.

Warmly

minddweller

Postby minddweller » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:37 am

Great! Almost there...

Now it was flagged up that in the final questions (see page 4) where it asks about choice etc where it says "Please give examples from recent experience"
You didn't actually give an example. Have you got any?

And

2) Is there any doubt that self is an illusion? (I think you've already answered this to death but just in case right!)

Warmth received and warm wishes returned.

Maranna

Postby Maranna » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:36 pm

No, I did not give an example, having never really believed in choices as things and opportunities have always presented themselves to me quite freely. Here is one example, not that recent, from last spring when I thought I had to make a choice buying new property. My priorities were a large, sunny yard with good soil, a good well and a small house, and of course the price range. All the looking I did with a realtor over four months showed nothing that came even close. One day I was talking with someone about that and he mentioned a woman we both knew who was going to sell her house and garden and it met all my requirements plus more.

Apologies for the long winded, hope it will do.

Self is an illusion, there is no doubt in my mind. I hardly recognize "myself" from a month ago.

Gratefully, Anna

minddweller

Postby minddweller » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:56 pm

Hi Ana,
I guess a recent choice/decision is called for here. Could be something as simple as the choosing of coffee to tea...
What happens in direct experience? It is worth looking closely at this in any case for future inquiries should this become an issue. Did you ever really chose anything?

Maranna

Postby Maranna » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:36 pm

Ok, coffee or tea, theoretically that means choosing because there are two things here, but there is never any choosing because one is so clearly preferred over the other. These days for me ii's coffee in the morning, the aroma appeals to the senses and the taste satisfies, tea isn't even considered here.
As a gardener I run into this a lot. There are so many plants to "choose" from, but when examined, this is not true, one always stands out, as the preferred one, and I don't know why that is so,it just is.
Choices are not needed for anything, this is just another illusion.

minddweller

Postby minddweller » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:29 am

Thank you. Stay tuned as one of our admins will contact you shortly.

Maranna

Postby Maranna » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:46 am

Thank you for your caring and skillful guiding.

Return to “ARCHIVES”