looking for a guide

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Lib

Re: looking for a guide

Postby Lib » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:17 pm

That's fine! Enjoy your festival! Will visit when you return.

empty_hand

Postby empty_hand » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi! I'm back :) Festival was awesome - great rock bands, 750 thousand people, sleeping in tents, stuff like that :)
I worked a bit on your questions - and reviewed them - and I see lack of "self" and the fact it exists only as a mental fiction - but lately to my surprise I started getting some strong emotions while doing the work (before just calm quiet etc.) - ofc not my emotions and there is no one experiencing them... I don't know if it's fear or resistance - I generally have problems with recognizing some emotions - just some hot sensations in chest, and some constriction etc. What is blocking "me"? Probably nothing...

I will try to just watch emotions and work with questions at the same time...

Best regards
EH

Lib

Postby Lib » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Yes, it could be resistance. But still a "theory." Let's tackle this directly, just like everything else. Thoughts, emotions and bodily sensations often arise together, and give a strong sense of reality when glued together. You don't want to push anything away that arises, they are all still appearances in the pure aware-ing that you are. So allowing and relaxing into whatever is arising - it might mean relaxing into being tense or agitated or upset, without fighting against that agitation or judging it or taking it personally or trying to change it in any way, but simply experiencing it as it is.

It's good to untangle the 'fearsome threesome" - thoughts, emotions, body sensations. First look at what thoughts are connected to the emotions and let those thoughts just rise and dissipate. Then same with emotions. And usually there is a body sensation with it's own "form" that you can label. Just see it as a image in your mind, sit with it and let it dissipate. If more thoughts arise, look at them again. Going back and forth between the three separately until all is dissipated.

Many see through the separate self by doing nothing by allowing everything to be exactly as it is. You still pull yourself out of the mud if your car gets stuck. But mentally allow everything to arise in DE, and let it move through like fast moving clouds in a summer storm.

Do this for a bit and report back or ask questions as needed.

Lib

Postby Lib » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:18 pm

PostScript.
See that there is no one to resist or even to allow. That pure noticing before thought steps in to claim, define, posses, is all that is necessary for all appearances to pass through and away.

Lib

Postby Lib » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:37 pm

Also, recall that resistance is a label, fear is a label. What is behind the labels? What is behind the label fear? Look and see?

empty_hand

Postby empty_hand » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:25 pm

Also, recall that resistance is a label, fear is a label. What is behind the labels? What is behind the label fear? Look and see?
just bodily sensations

I can see when I do the work that there is no experiencer, no doer, no thinker, no one causing anything. I see clearly that all distinctions, boundaries and divisions exists only as a content of thoughts just as this imaginary "me".

But still something is missing - it's like I try to "get it" - to convince myself?

Lib

Postby Lib » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:21 pm

Tell me what you mean by "I try to get it - to convince myself?"

Your responses are all very clear, so a couple of things to look at. Let's review your expectations again. This "something missing," could be one or more expectations. There are people who are at the gate, like yourself, who say "this couldn't be it," and when that happens, the thought is believed and the mind snaps shut. So what you are not experiencing that you believe you should be experiencing? What, in your mind (because that's where the problem always is) does a person who has seen through the illusion have that you don't have?

Lib

Postby Lib » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:44 pm

Also, EH. Answer as completely as you can. What exactly is missing right now? What is incomplete?

empty_hand

Postby empty_hand » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:14 pm

Also, EH. Answer as completely as you can. What exactly is missing right now? What is incomplete?
nothing actually- nothing is missing - everything just happens of it's own
What, in your mind (because that's where the problem always is) does a person who has seen through the illusion have that you don't have?
nothing more - one belief less?
Tell me what you mean by "I try to get it - to convince myself?"
It's like I try to make this realization to stick? to make it permanent? to always remember? not get lost in thoughts?
I see there is no one to "get this" or to remember or forget? but still "I'm not done"
There are people who are at the gate, like yourself, who say "this couldn't be it," and when that happens, the thought is believed and the mind snaps shut.
how to unbelieve this thought?

or maybe "my mind" likes to solve problems to much...

Lib

Postby Lib » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:56 pm

It's like I try to make this realization to stick? to make it permanent? to always remember? not get lost in thoughts?
I see there is no one to "get this" or to remember or forget? but still "I'm not done”
There is no one to get this, no one to remember and no one to be done or undone. Is there anything more here then the thought that says “I’m not done?” Look.

EH, get comfy. Look in direct experience at everything that is arising.
Notice all of the sensations, just like you’ve been doing. Relax totally into it, stay that way for a bit. Be thoughtless for awhile then watch thoughts rising for awhile. Notice body sensations. R…e…l…a…x

Now, repeat these words: THIS…IS…IT
Never more than this. Never less. Never Future. Never Past. Just this.

A thought arises, “I’m not done yet” This is IT.
Efforting to “make this realization stick,” THIS is it.
Getting lost in thought, this is IT.
A feeling arises and is labeled “disappointment.” THIS is it.
A future thought arises, “maybe tomorrow IT will happen,” This is IT.

No matter what thoughts arise, this is it. Look and see. Is that true?
No matter what feelings arise, this is it. Look and see. Is it true?
No matter what happened in the past, all there is… is THIS. Is it true?
No matter what you want to happen in the future, this is it. Can you see?
Once noticing occurs, what is noticed is already in the past? Is it true?
Is THIS not always and already permanent? Look and see is it true?

A thought wants it to be different then what is right now? Something more "done" than right now? Your full and complete acceptance that this is IT, is what contributes to change. Without resistance to WHAT IS, then barriers naturally start drop away. Effortless. Conditioning will continue, it has a momentum that needs to run it’s course. Everything still arises. In two minutes the thought could arise again, “I’m not done.” And it’s still life, arising spontaneously to be noticed. No matter what conditioning arises, this is still it. A thought doesn’t like it? All part of the total experience of current ever-arising reality.

So think, “This is IT.”
Then live “This is IT.”
Then this IT…IS!

It’s just a story that you are not there yet, because you have always been here, now. It’s always right now! Noticing right now. Direct experience, right now. You have never left direct experience, except in your dreams of what awakening ‘should’ be. A million thoughts otherwise can’t change current reality. And it’s always current reality.

Do some serious looking and report back.

Hugs,

Lib

Lib

Postby Lib » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:08 am

p.s.
You have a lot of expectations here. Look and see and then write them out as you spot them.

Lib

Postby Lib » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Checking in EH.
Recovered from the "this is it" rant? :)

empty_hand

Postby empty_hand » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Thank you for your concern about me - I'm really touched - I was offline this weekend - visiting family etc - I wasn't able to foresee that I wouldn't be able to write. Your "rant" is powerful - I always knew that "what is" is the answer. There are a lot of pointers in buddhism, advaita etc.

I will sit a bit more today - and report :)

Lib

Postby Lib » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:44 pm

So good to hear. I'm not sure if you got the message, I will be on the road for a few days. I was going early tomorrow but finished up some things and now will leave today. I will be accessible in the evenings. Looking forward to more good stuff.

Hugs,

Lib

Lib

Postby Lib » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:06 am

Hi EH,
I was delayed and without internet, like yourself, last night and will not back on until tomorrow evening, Tuesday.
Feel free to respond when you are ready.

Hugs,

Lib

Return to “ARCHIVES”