Please, please show me the way through !

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
jimw

Re: Please, please show me the way through !

Postby jimw » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:19 pm

oops - didn't see the last couple of things on the thread before my last post -
1) Is there a 'me', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

No - only in the concept of 'me' - poor me !!! hehehehe.

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works.

Thinking not being, then more thinking and wishing there was something else and waiting for something else !!!

3) How does it feel to see this?

A bloody relief :) bright, happy, and quite funny (which is funny in itself!) it's like a much deeper sense of contented joy than I have had a 'taster' of while in sitting meditation.

4) How would you describe it to somebody who has never heard about this illusion.

Just be quite and look - its there already !!

5) What was the last bit that tipped you over, that triggered the 'seeing' ?

that liberation had to be waited for - that there would be some great big perceptual shift and all of a sudden 'I' would vanish - the memories and thoughts are still there - but they are separate - in their own little box. The problem was thinking ' well I will 'get it' one day if I keep practicing. I think the key thing is to drop expectation.

Thanks Vince - i'm sure that this body may still suffer, that there still will be difficult days, but it is just experience, as soon as it is labelled it becomes and idea and 'me' appears.

jimw

Postby jimw » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:57 pm

and a few hours later - all is well - surprisingly normal in many ways - now just tired, having spent the afternoon very alert and energized.

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:28 am

this body may still suffer, that there still will be difficult days
just to be pedantic, suffering is the result of physical discomfort/pain + mind. Due to habit, you may find your'self' sucked in and reacting to stimuli (especially 'button pushing' by family) and in the beginning it may not be realised until it starts to wane. On the other hand you may see it coming and either way the moment it is seen it will evaporate. At this point neuronal pathways will start to reconfigure. There will no longer be that feedback loop that will keep it going all day, so drop that IDEA.
Jim, i need to get 3 others to confirm that you have passed through the gateless gate, then you will be invited to join a Facebook group where 'gatecrashers' support each other.
There are many new 'skills' to be considered as you are entering a whole new world now.
Anyway, lots of this kind of processing happens in Unleashed, so "friend" me on Facebook and i will invite you to join.(when confirmation occurs)
https://www.facebook.com/vince.schubert
Here is another forum that is set up for newly liberated.
http://liberationunleashed.com/nation/v ... m.php?f=30
and a small doc worth reading here; http://liberationunleashed.com/PDF/Awakened.pdf
and a great video here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Biv_8xjj8E

jimw

Postby jimw » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:52 am

Hi Vince - many thanks again.

You are right. Suffering is physical pain / discomfort and mind/getting stuck in concepts. Last night my dog was misbehaving (a def. button push!) and the habit of getting annoyed flared up - but I saw it as it did, and then it just 'dissolved' and all was well again - was amazing. This morning all is peaceful - slept well, but tired, a bit like after an illness / traumatic event - tired, but contented.

I'll friend you on facebook and check out the video.

Thanks again Vince!

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:14 am

but I saw it as it did, and then it just 'dissolved' and all was well again - was amazing.
Ha, great. Hope you had a good chuckle.
This morning all is peaceful - slept well, but tired, a bit like after an illness / traumatic event - tired, but contented.
Yes, that contentment, the peace, the freedom from the bondage of a tyrannical self, will become more and more the normal.
My heart swelled when reading your last post. Good stuff!

See you in Unleashed.

love and good feeling to you brother.

vince

jimw

Postby jimw » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:19 am

Just read through the pdf - very helpful. Will check out the video later on (small child watching Postman Pat sat next to me!)

Thanks again Vince - it is all so simple !

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:57 am

Thanks Jim, i have added you to Unleashed. Just waiting for admin to do it's stuff.
Feel free to email me anytime. vinceschubert@gmail.com

jimw

Postby jimw » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:32 am

thanks again Vince ! The advice in the pdf seems spot on - just gonna see what happens :)

jimw

Postby jimw » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Quick update Vince - all is well here, things have settled down a bit (if that makes sense?) just going with the flow - feels good. Sometimes I am noticing old habitual patterns as / before they happen, sometimes not, but any judgement/analysis/emotive stuff (good or bad) associated with them has gone out of the window, a lot of negative stuff seems to have just fallen away in general. Have meditated a couple of times (I have been sitting for a bit every day for a long time) - just sat and let go - was quite pleasant not trying to 'get' anything. 'Inner stillness' seems to be a good description. I have checked out some of the stuff on the Facebook group - some good tips there. Much metta to you Vince !

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:28 am

Ahh, lovely. ...but, but, don't get sucked into thinking. Thinking that it will always be this way. It may be, or not. Opinions, judgements, beliefs, are always About, and so become an insulation, a filter, a distortion of What IS
You may notice that the wonder-full-ness that you are experiencing has a different relationship to thought then before the gate.

metta back to your space.

vince

jimw

Postby jimw » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:11 am

Hi Vince - thanks for the advice - I have looked at the advice on the FB thread - useful stuff. I'm just cruising along at the moment not expecting anything - just seeing what happens. I feel (seems a better word than 'see') what you say about 'about' and how belief / judgements are a bit like a lens that distorts how things are (if you see what I mean... this stuff is hard to express....) Really grateful for your contributions to this forum and those that put it together.

jimw

Postby jimw » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:40 am

also as you say - the 'wonder-full-ness' now has a different quality than the similar(ish) momentary experiences i had before. Previously it was more 'limited' or somehow 'constrained'

Return to “ARCHIVES”