Anything more than intellectual understanding of this?

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Eloratea

Re: Anything more than intellectual understanding of this?

Postby Eloratea » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:11 pm

This sounds clear to me; will see what others say.
Till later.

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Edward, tell me What was the last bit that tipped you over, that triggered the 'seeing' ?

Tell me about Experiencing.
Does it happen to someone ?

xyzzy

Postby xyzzy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:07 am

Edward, tell me What was the last bit that tipped you over, that triggered the 'seeing' ?
Short answer: I don't remember.

Long answer: This is something I'd heard of before but decided I didn't know the answer to it. I had considered that there was probably no such thing as free will, as I'd observed in my own experience that I didn't actually seem to be controlling my actions.

I watched some youtube videos recently where the speaker was trying to get across the point that there is nothing but this experience. The usual point of view is that, for example, I'm sitting in a chair looking at a table and a wall. What he was saying was that, in terms of experience, which is the only thing we really know, the experience of seeing the wall and table and whatever else is all there really is. Maybe there's really a table and wall out there somewhere, maybe there isn't, but all we have is our experience of it. So instead of being a person sitting in a room surrounded by various objects, what there really is is this experience, which includes the seeing of what appear to be objects and the sensation of sitting and so on.

This seemed to be to be clearly true. So, once you see that there is nothing but experience, then seeing that there is no you is easy. I don't remember when the "there is no you" became obvious.
Tell me about Experiencing.
Does it happen to someone ?
Experiencing is seeing, hearing, physical sensations, thoughts, feelings, and whatever else is here now. It doesn't happen to someone, but instead, the experience might contain thoughts or feelings or beliefs that it is happening to someone.

Eloratea

Postby Eloratea » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:33 pm

Hello Edward,

Soon you will have the access to the uleashed part of the forum and subforum for the fresh through the gate.
There is also one little document here: http://liberationunleashed.com/PDF/Awakened.pdf

If you want to join uleashed group on the facebook, send me by pm your facebook name.
And also if there are any other questions...

Regards.

Return to “ARCHIVES”