It is time ......

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
StaffordJR

Re: It is time ......

Postby StaffordJR » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:10 pm

Dear David, You're so very Welcome & my pleasure glad it helps !!! Thank You for waiting this late for my posts ! My hours are so weird this ends up being the time for me.........

Hi Stafford,
No problems for late posts etc......... I'm in no hurry....... I am aware that it is recommended to post every day, but I am very cool if that isn't always possible, it gives me longer to digest whats happening and to continue to watch whats going on. I guess at the moment I am really trying to look at what this feeling of 'being a self' is all about. Today I think I noticed that moment by moment the 'self' keeps re-inventing itself! It's almost as if it has to keep restructuring and re-crystalising.... giving the sense that it is a permanent entity. It's almost as if as soon as I turn my attention towards looking at it, that it then feels more real than if I do not think about it ?!?

One of the things that confuses me is the act of 'attention'. As soon as 'I' bring (or the mind brings) attention to a subject, that sense of attention seems to generate a feeling that there is some kind of 'solidity' and 'self-hood' behind it. Being here at the moment, typing this, it seems that there is motivation towards a goal of communicating my thoughts to you. In trying to clarify my thoughts and communicate them to you, the mind seems to become more focused and that sharpness of focus has a greater 'self' feeling.... does that make any sense?

When I question what I have just said though, and really look, I can see it as being a bit like a soccer match. There are a number of different entities that come together for a match and during the lead up, duration (and come down) of that match,the different entities join forces to act like a whole unit to deal with the need to win and survive. Any pain caused to an individual on the same side, is felt like a pain or discomfort to the whole team as if the 'team' is an entity in itself. Maybe my feeling of 'self' is in fact similar, in that my various impulses, needs etc are individual players, playing as a team to survive and even to try to win...... In doing so they are creating a feeling that there is something substantial here.... But I am not sure which bit is gluing that whole process together and maintaining the facade. Who is managing Dave United??????

Have I gone way off of track?????

Sending love, Dave...........
Dear David,
Yes I can Totally relate & No You can't get off track !!! Everything will come up for You too for inquire & See through as real or unreal !?! This is really unexplainable & words tend to point too Duality & a Personality so bare with me ?!? If You take a Look at nature it has an intelligence but no Personality everything is moving changing flowing without claiming I done that, however it always feels & seems that We're doing it !!! When we Look into this We're making what seems like what's going on by words that have no real meaning to this, just theory's conception labels & pointers ?!? So when Looking at this realistically understanding nothing is explainable Who would be doing what & when or how ??? Hope that helps & whatever comes up don't worry weather being off track or not, it all leads too the same place Right Here Right Now Lol for real though no doubt !!! Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:50 am

Dear David,
Yes I can Totally relate & No You can't get off track !!! Everything will come up for You too for inquire & See through as real or unreal !?! This is really unexplainable & words tend to point too Duality & a Personality so bare with me ?!? If You take a Look at nature it has an intelligence but no Personality everything is moving changing flowing without claiming I done that, however it always feels & seems that We're doing it !!! When we Look into this We're making what seems like what's going on by words that have no real meaning to this, just theory's conception labels & pointers ?!? So when Looking at this realistically understanding nothing is explainable Who would be doing what & when or how ??? Hope that helps & whatever comes up don't worry weather being off track or not, it all leads too the same place Right Here Right Now Lol for real though no doubt !!! Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford

OK I read this & it didn't feel like its enough on what You're asking about totally ??? So I like You Too Claim everything that you're doing & I'm talking Every little thing 24/7 all day all night !!! Is What's Happening happen Before You or after You & if the Moment comes & goes with no help from nothing Who is doing what ?!? OK my Friend hope that helps & take Your time if You need !?! Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter

DavidB

Postby DavidB » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:03 am

Dear David, You're so very Welcome & my pleasure glad it helps !!! Thank You for waiting this late for my posts ! My hours are so weird this ends up being the time for me.........

Hi again Stafford....
I just wanted to keep in the habit from this end of posting daily if I can. I don't expect you to necessarily do that, but I think its good for me to try to do it if I can. Today's been a day of 'stuff' to think about and do, and I am aware that I have not really given enough time to these matters. It's strange to think that one could get caught up in life and never ask whether one has got a self or not! From a scientific perspective, it seems perfectly logical that we haven't, because according to science we are a complicated bundle of genes and various quantities of physical and electrical stuff!...... Where does a permanent 'self' sit in that situation??? Strangely enough, I rejected those scientific ideas and went down the religious searching route..... I think I wanted to find something substantial and thought a lack of self and of lack of a god were negative ideas. I now think / know that this was based on fear.........

But trying to cut through the 'bullshit' of my life-story and my egotistical searching; centering in on the real task at hand, I think I can see that my apparent 'self' is being recreated moment by moment!!! In fact that's not really correct because 'I' cant even actually say truthfully that 'I' see that..... there is just 'a seeing' and 'a perceiving of it' by what we call 'mind', which it seems isn't owned by 'a me '!!!!!!

It appears that through the circumstances and experiences of this life, 'I' (or more correctly 'this mind'), has concocted a story of 'me'. It may even have concocted various stories that take over from each other in various situations. It seems that any way of trying to communicate this 'seeing' or 'understanding' will always be imperfect, because as soon as language gets mixed up in it, language itself limits it. It reminds me of the saying 'If the Tao can be spoken about then it is not the Tao...' (or something like that).

My conclusions for tonight........ No one is really running this show..... it is a show based on learned responses.... habits... survival mechanisms....

This system so 'feels like a me' it's unbelievable... but a drama on t.v or a film at the cinema can also be totally consuming, but then we see through it when we come out of the cinema back onto the high-street. Whatever this being is, 'it' seems to search for 'self-identity' almost as if it is 'hungry to be real'....... Fucking Wow!........ My whole life has had the message 'that I need to be somebody'....(Wow Again!)......!!!!!

Thanks again, Stafford.... I wouldn't have put all that together if you weren't there... (Although, I guess in reality you're not!!! HaHa!) sendin' love.......

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:26 am

Hi again Stafford....
I just wanted to keep in the habit from this end of posting daily if I can. I don't expect you to necessarily do that, but I think its good for me to try to do it if I can. Today's been a day of 'stuff' to think about and do, and I am aware that I have not really given enough time to these matters. It's strange to think that one could get caught up in life and never ask whether one has got a self or not! From a scientific perspective, it seems perfectly logical that we haven't, because according to science we are a complicated bundle of genes and various quantities of physical and electrical stuff!...... Where does a permanent 'self' sit in that situation??? Strangely enough, I rejected those scientific ideas and went down the religious searching route..... I think I wanted to find something substantial and thought a lack of self and of lack of a god were negative ideas. I now think / know that this was based on fear.........

But trying to cut through the 'bullshit' of my life-story and my egotistical searching; centering in on the real task at hand, I think I can see that my apparent 'self' is being recreated moment by moment!!! In fact that's not really correct because 'I' cant even actually say truthfully that 'I' see that..... there is just 'a seeing' and 'a perceiving of it' by what we call 'mind', which it seems isn't owned by 'a me '!!!!!!

It appears that through the circumstances and experiences of this life, 'I' (or more correctly 'this mind'), has concocted a story of 'me'. It may even have concocted various stories that take over from each other in various situations. It seems that any way of trying to communicate this 'seeing' or 'understanding' will always be imperfect, because as soon as language gets mixed up in it, language itself limits it. It reminds me of the saying 'If the Tao can be spoken about then it is not the Tao...' (or something like that).

My conclusions for tonight........ No one is really running this show..... it is a show based on learned responses.... habits... survival mechanisms....

This system so 'feels like a me' it's unbelievable... but a drama on t.v or a film at the cinema can also be totally consuming, but then we see through it when we come out of the cinema back onto the high-street. Whatever this being is, 'it' seems to search for 'self-identity' almost as if it is 'hungry to be real'....... Fucking Wow!........ My whole life has had the message 'that I need to be somebody'....(Wow Again!)......!!!!!

Thanks again, Stafford.... I wouldn't have put all that together if you weren't there... (Although, I guess in reality you're not!!! HaHa!) sendin' love.......
Dear David, Yes let keep posting every day if possible & Yes Loving all Your inquiries !!!
I just want to Validate what You're experiencing with my situation ¡ ! ¡ Because of my life situation I was drawn towards religion & truth at an early age !?! I had too know what the hell was the real deal cuz things weren't as I was told !!! So as I got older it was revealed I Am & I'm Not & this can't be understood ?!? Part of me got That, but mostly I was like no fucking way I'm doing this & planning this extra !!! So I kept searching & ran into self inquiry & the senses technique to see when I'm making things happen ?!? When i saw I Really wasn't Doing anything first, I was what happened secondly after the fact... I was Like Wow No Way, Fucking Wow What am I Really ???
Also understanding What Words are Really I had too find someone or group too confirm what was Seen cuz it was hard Too See No One Home Yet Here I am Right !?! So after watching a YouTube video I followed the link & found Liberation Unleashed ?!? I had IIona as a guide & well I just surrender too the simple questions & Seeing & when She asked What I needed to do too Be, Wow Brother Wow That was IT, it was clear why I couldn't see this before ??? !!! I was the one in the way , there is nothing I can do to make a moment happen or too Be, however I did See How the Moment made a me I & us !!! That Seeing IS in ITSELF & can't be Explained or Remembered or Manipulated into any word label concept theory that can mean anything or explain anything !!!
Ok my dear Friend I hope that helps & please let me know if anything needs clarification ?!? Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage

DavidB

Postby DavidB » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:33 am

………..Yes I can Totally relate & No You can't get off track !!! Everything will come up for You too for inquire & See through as real or unreal !?! This is really unexplainable & words tend to point too Duality & a Personality so bare with me ?!? If You take a Look at nature it has an intelligence but no Personality everything is moving changing flowing without claiming I done that, however it always feels & seems that We're doing it !!! When we Look into this We're making what seems like what's going on by words that have no real meaning to this, just theory's conception labels & pointers ?!? So when Looking at this realistically understanding nothing is explainable Who would be doing what & when or how ???........

Hi again Stafford,
Thanks for being so honest and straightforward, it really helps..... This is all a little bit 'scary' really, because for years I have been in the searching game too. In fact my perception is that there have always been two main possible 'games' or life positions,

1. The search for reality / god / the meaning of life, .......and two,

2. to not ask any questions and to blindly follow the herd.

(Number 2 was never really possible as I have always HAD to search, (although it had led me up some alleyways!). Also choice number ‘2’ is so fucking judgemental!!!

The problem now is that with this way of seeing, there really isn't a need to search any more. All that searching stuff, however deep, appears unnecessary (!?!)...... The spiritual search is all very interesting, as is the search for perfect health and a nice comfortable life, but seeing this all as ‘empty’ and realising that the emptiness includes all of ‘me’ makes this all ridiculously too simple…….. What the fuck do ‘I’ do now!?!..... I feel like an alcoholic who has instantaneously been cured, but who doesn’t know what to replace the alcohol with!
My paranoia is that I am being fraudulent and that I am not really seeing what I am saying I am seeing, but I burst into tears again today and they felt genuine, so I think a real experience is beginning to take place and unfold…….. But how can it be this simple??? I haven’t had to sit on a fucking mountain for years or deprive myself of sleep or chant Aum 50 million times!!!! Or had a Zen priest hit me with a stick!!!!!
Somehow ‘awareness’ (whatever that is or means) has the ability to recognise it’s own ‘self-lessness’!?! Is that really possible??? ……that a part of the mechanism that has always labelled itself as ‘Me’ or ‘Dave’ (or Stafford) can become aware that it’s ‘I-ness’ is just a survival mechanism…. And that there is nothing really substantial there!?!
Do you think true scientists just know this anyway and it’s just twits like me who take nearly all of their life to get it???
I have heard some people comment that understanding the concept of ‘no-self’ is only part of the process and that there is an ‘intellectual experience’ of this and a more ‘fully realised’ experience of it. At the moment I can’t help feeling that when it is seen, it is seen………. Then there is no gate to go through…….
Back to ‘my’ exercises
Is there really anyone here doing, thinking initiating anything?
Well this bio-system certainly thinks that there is! If I listen to a yoga relaxation tape and the person suggests becoming aware of my hands, ‘I’ can send ‘my’ mind to those parts. It seems though, through understanding the act of ‘labelling,’ that all of those names are just convenient ways to explain the unknowable (‘I’, ‘my’ and ‘hands’ could be seen as ways of referring to subjects that are really quite unexplainable…..) If I don’t really know who or what ‘I’ am, what does ‘my’ really mean if the ‘I’ isn’t really understood? Also what are ‘hands’? Where do ‘hands’ start and finish? Are the fingers my hands? Part of my hands? The ‘palm’ is called the ‘palm of the hand’ but fingers aren’t called ‘fingers of the hand’!!!! ALL LABELS AND WORDS………..

So what is it that is writing this? Thinking this? Deciding to type it? Initiating the movements of the hands? Is there anyone at home?

Do any questions really make any sense when it is obvious that they are formed out of a fragmented and faulty understanding of what we call ‘reality’. Is there a duality between the ‘real’ and ‘unreal’ when it is obvious that they are just both made up in the mind?

Thanks for your continued love and time,

Dave

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:32 am

………..Yes I can Totally relate & No You can't get off track !!! Everything will come up for You too for inquire & See through as real or unreal !?! This is really unexplainable & words tend to point too Duality & a Personality so bare with me ?!? If You take a Look at nature it has an intelligence but no Personality everything is moving changing flowing without claiming I done that, however it always feels & seems that We're doing it !!! When we Look into this We're making what seems like what's going on by words that have no real meaning to this, just theory's conception labels & pointers ?!? So when Looking at this realistically understanding nothing is explainable Who would be doing what & when or how ???........

Hi again Stafford,
Thanks for being so honest and straightforward, it really helps..... This is all a little bit 'scary' really, because for years I have been in the searching game too. In fact my perception is that there have always been two main possible 'games' or life positions,

1. The search for reality / god / the meaning of life, .......and two,

2. to not ask any questions and to blindly follow the herd.

(Number 2 was never really possible as I have always HAD to search, (although it had led me up some alleyways!). Also choice number ‘2’ is so fucking judgemental!!!

The problem now is that with this way of seeing, there really isn't a need to search any more. All that searching stuff, however deep, appears unnecessary (!?!)...... The spiritual search is all very interesting, as is the search for perfect health and a nice comfortable life, but seeing this all as ‘empty’ and realising that the emptiness includes all of ‘me’ makes this all ridiculously too simple…….. What the fuck do ‘I’ do now!?!..... I feel like an alcoholic who has instantaneously been cured, but who doesn’t know what to replace the alcohol with!
My paranoia is that I am being fraudulent and that I am not really seeing what I am saying I am seeing, but I burst into tears again today and they felt genuine, so I think a real experience is beginning to take place and unfold…….. But how can it be this simple??? I haven’t had to sit on a fucking mountain for years or deprive myself of sleep or chant Aum 50 million times!!!! Or had a Zen priest hit me with a stick!!!!!
Somehow ‘awareness’ (whatever that is or means) has the ability to recognise it’s own ‘self-lessness’!?! Is that really possible??? ……that a part of the mechanism that has always labelled itself as ‘Me’ or ‘Dave’ (or Stafford) can become aware that it’s ‘I-ness’ is just a survival mechanism…. And that there is nothing really substantial there!?!
Do you think true scientists just know this anyway and it’s just twits like me who take nearly all of their life to get it???
I have heard some people comment that understanding the concept of ‘no-self’ is only part of the process and that there is an ‘intellectual experience’ of this and a more ‘fully realised’ experience of it. At the moment I can’t help feeling that when it is seen, it is seen………. Then there is no gate to go through…….
Back to ‘my’ exercises
Is there really anyone here doing, thinking initiating anything?
Well this bio-system certainly thinks that there is! If I listen to a yoga relaxation tape and the person suggests becoming aware of my hands, ‘I’ can send ‘my’ mind to those parts. It seems though, through understanding the act of ‘labelling,’ that all of those names are just convenient ways to explain the unknowable (‘I’, ‘my’ and ‘hands’ could be seen as ways of referring to subjects that are really quite unexplainable…..) If I don’t really know who or what ‘I’ am, what does ‘my’ really mean if the ‘I’ isn’t really understood? Also what are ‘hands’? Where do ‘hands’ start and finish? Are the fingers my hands? Part of my hands? The ‘palm’ is called the ‘palm of the hand’ but fingers aren’t called ‘fingers of the hand’!!!! ALL LABELS AND WORDS………..

So what is it that is writing this? Thinking this? Deciding to type it? Initiating the movements of the hands? Is there anyone at home?

Do any questions really make any sense when it is obvious that they are formed out of a fragmented and faulty understanding of what we call ‘reality’. Is there a duality between the ‘real’ and ‘unreal’ when it is obvious that they are just both made up in the mind?

Thanks for your continued love and time,

Dave
My Dear Friend David Welcome Home
& my pleasure being honest & open with You as You gave me the same Grace much Love & Appreciation ¡ ! ¡ ;~} =_= {~; & Yes Yes Yes This is unnerving scary & ALL Kinds of emotions can come up, anger sadness which is fear & grief all kinds of flip flopping !?!
However Seeing This as Clearly as You have it's not as serious of a thing when Too Be or Not Too Be happens & Seeing The Truth in IT'S an unexplainable Mystery Apparently Happening makes it less sticky & Nothing too stick Too anyway Lol ¡ ! ¡
For the so called me Lol Stafford still apparently happens & there's Praying & Meditation even some curious searching, apparently Everything is still the same & Yet different not as Serious as Before & always Clear like Before What & for Whom Lol
! ¿ ! Yes also conscious neuro science & quantum science has discovered something happens six seconds Before in the Brain before the actual person responds or knows about it !!! Wow Right You can See that in the senses, Everything is There Before I can say I See Hear or Feel a Supposed That or something, Whatever Also for sure Knowing No/thing is Explainable IT'S just Here & Not Here Wow Still Blows me Away !!!
So David We have some Final Questions to ask & then we have a facilitator look over & make sure there is Clarity & after that You get invited to a Facebook after care community & maybe be a guide if that's in the works for You. No Expectations Cuz Life or Whatever IS Doing & Creating US or Whatever IS Happening, IS Lol
I just want to say I Love Being a part of This Beautiful Journey & Love Too Hear How things go from here Please keep in touch message me Anytime if You want !?! ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Here are the questions:- 1)
Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?
2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.
3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.
4) What was the last bit that pushed you over; made you look?
5) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work? What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.
6) Anything to add?

DavidB

Postby DavidB » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:42 pm

Stafford,
Thanks for your reply and the questions......

Here are the questions:- 1)
Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?
2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.
3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.
4) What was the last bit that pushed you over; made you look?
5) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work? What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.
6) Anything to add?
Thanks so much Stafford, I will give these some real thought (real....!!!!???) and come back to ya....sending love.....

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:02 am

"""""""Thanks so much Stafford, I will give these some real thought (real....!!!!???) and come back to ya....sending love..... """"""""""

Hi David You're so welcome Love Being Here with You !!! Take Your time & I know it's hard to get past using words & what they supposedly mean ?!? Lol. However in Your Direct Experience Who's Thinking & how do You do the thinking or are You a Thought Yourself ???.!!!! Once again I'm to not trying too patronize You at ALL, just I Know You want too See This without any barriers or false ideas or concepts & take Your Time with the final questions & what I mentioned above talk soon & Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford

DavidB

Postby DavidB » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:23 pm

Take Your time & I know it's hard to get past using words & what they supposedly mean ?!? Lol. However in Your Direct Experience Who's Thinking & how do You do the thinking or are You a Thought Yourself ???.!!!! Once again I'm to not trying too patronize You at ALL, just I Know You want too See This without any barriers or false ideas or concepts & take Your Time with the final questions & what I mentioned above talk soon & Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford

Hi Stafford,
I'm glad you are ok extending this process a bit with me, I am still working on the questions and doing a lot of looking inside. Please don't worry, I do not feel patronized at all by anything you have said. I feel a little bit stuck at the moment and intuition tells me there is a further movement to take place...... Although when writing this I realize that such thoughts and feelings about 'further movement' are probably also 'constructions' of the mind and 'self-identity'......(There is often a forgetfulness that there is ultimately nothing that ever 'needs' to take place.......)
.....in Your Direct Experience Who's Thinking & how do You do the thinking or are You a Thought
Yourself ???......
It appears that when 'I' read this question, 'my' attention is drawn to it..... I am not sure how that attention works, but that act of attention somehow 'feels' like a 'me'. I am struggling with this a bit. But also, I intuitively know that this is probably just 'attention' without a self attached to it.

Whilst I am writing this, there is a family conversation in the background which doesn't involve me and one I want to tune out of, but I am aware that I can't and that my attention just seems to be drawn to it. Therefore, I have to assume that whatever this 'attention' is, it seems to have it's own will... So I then ask, is 'I' the bit that is aware of this movement of attention? When I look deeply at this 'possible I', then if this is the 'I', it is very changeable, fluid, and unreliable. So logic leads me to the possibility of having a 'self' or an 'I' that is unreliable, fluid and changeable...........

When there is a focus on this, I realize there is 'just a looking in the moment'..... It seems that when this organism experiences 'a just looking in the moment', that a feeling of 'I' arises...... it is 'an idea' and a way of trying to describe the experience of consciousness/awareness and purely an idea.
..........or are You a Thought Yourself ???......
I need to ponder this, it appears that my whole existence, my sense of identity, past-history and present circumstances may all be a fabricated story !!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! (In fact I am bloody sure of this, but I sense something needs to integrate in some way.... although that is probably also part of a story.....stories on top of stories on top of fucking stories!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening to all of my shit Stafford, Sending deep love....... (P.S... sorry about the swearing!!!!)

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:37 am

"""""""" I need to ponder this, it appears that my whole existence, my sense of identity, past-history and present circumstances may all be a fabricated story !!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! (In fact I am bloody sure of this, but I sense something needs to integrate in some way.... although that is probably also part of a story.....stories on top of stories on top of fucking stories!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening to all of my shit Stafford, Sending deep love....... (P.S... sorry about the swearing!!!!) """""""""

My Dear Friend David Please take it easy & it doesn't matter how much time we spend on this I'm here for the long haul !!! And Please I understand, i have been taken back with this myself & had what I call the most beautiful & terrible wake up & didn't have anyone too guide me through at that time ?!? We're here & You'll Be All Right You've Always been Alright because No/Thing can never be destroyed & Everything will still be for the most part the same, so called my life hasn't changed at all & Yet Everything is Different & Totally Unexplainable Lol & no worries about decisions because You're going too do Whatever comes up things get taken care of ! ¿ ! I hope that helps & makes sense Oh No Problems Fucking cussing Lol Have Fun with Things Sending Much Love & I Created these pictures for You Below Enjoy & Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DavidB

Postby DavidB » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:09 am

I understand, i have been taken back with this myself & had what I call the most beautiful & terrible wake up & didn't have anyone too guide me through at that time ?!? We're here & You'll Be All Right You've Always been Alright because No/Thing can never be destroyed & Everything will still be for the most part the same, so called my life hasn't changed at all & Yet Everything is Different & Totally Unexplainable Lol & no worries about decisions because You're going too do Whatever comes up things get taken care of !
Stafford,
I just write for a very long post and my brother mistakenly turned off the internet and I lost everything!!!!!!!! This is surely a lesson in impermanence!!! I will try again tomorrow and save in word.....
Dave

DavidB

Postby DavidB » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:49 am

Hi Stafford,
I think I have finally got over losing my post the other day…. I was really pleased when writing it, because I felt that I had really been able to convey my thoughts…then suddenly when my brother turned off the internet it was…… ‘GoNe’!!!!! AAARRRRGH!!!!!!!
It’s weird, it is so obvious (I think,) that there is no pervading self in all of this experience, but somehow it feels as if there is. It’s as if we/ I need that sense in some respects to keep us/me going in life. Without feeling like solid entities with a past and a future, and a sense of purpose and stories to support us, life could feel ‘pointless’. When I lived in a Buddhist monastery for six months quite a few years ago, that ‘pointlessness’ was a positive reflection…. It felt like a bonus to let go of thoughts around reasons to exist and to embrace ‘positive pointlessness’. I find it harder to maintain that understanding in the ‘world of everyday life’ and I realise that my understanding and awareness in these areas is still conditional on being around people who reflect the same ‘vibe’ or ‘understanding’, I think that’s why I am attracted to LU.
I think that I am also coming up against the sensation / feeling of ‘self’ more than I have ever done through looking deeply. It’s like I feel I have come down to the end of an alley way and that there is no escape until I really ‘see’ it. It’s as if the sensation of ‘self’ has got greater, but I think it’s just that I am focussing on it. This is quite a strange process as I am sure that ‘nothing’ is really looking at ‘nothing’….’no-self’ looking at ‘no-self’………….. What an odd situation to be a human being……
I am finding this process really helpful, as it’s only in communication that I feel I can get my head around these thoughts / ideas / truths. I find it quite hard to process this on my own, so thank you again………….
With gratitude,
Dave

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:39 am

Hi Stafford,
I think I have finally got over losing my post the other day…. I was really pleased when writing it, because I felt that I had really been able to convey my thoughts…then suddenly when my brother turned off the internet it was…… ‘GoNe’!!!!! AAARRRRGH!!!!!!!
It’s weird, it is so obvious (I think,) that there is no pervading self in all of this experience, but somehow it feels as if there is. It’s as if we/ I need that sense in some respects to keep us/me going in life. Without feeling like solid entities with a past and a future, and a sense of purpose and stories to support us, life could feel ‘pointless’. When I lived in a Buddhist monastery for six months quite a few years ago, that ‘pointlessness’ was a positive reflection…. It felt like a bonus to let go of thoughts around reasons to exist and to embrace ‘positive pointlessness’. I find it harder to maintain that understanding in the ‘world of everyday life’ and I realise that my understanding and awareness in these areas is still conditional on being around people who reflect the same ‘vibe’ or ‘understanding’, I think that’s why I am attracted to LU.
I think that I am also coming up against the sensation / feeling of ‘self’ more than I have ever done through looking deeply. It’s like I feel I have come down to the end of an alley way and that there is no escape until I really ‘see’ it. It’s as if the sensation of ‘self’ has got greater, but I think it’s just that I am focussing on it. This is quite a strange process as I am sure that ‘nothing’ is really looking at ‘nothing’….’no-self’ looking at ‘no-self’………….. What an odd situation to be a human being……
I am finding this process really helpful, as it’s only in communication that I feel I can get my head around these thoughts / ideas / truths. I find it quite hard to process this on my own, so thank you again………….
With gratitude,
Dave
Hi David,
I can relate getting so involved with a post or project & writing or working on it exactly how it's supposed be, so I think Lol & it all falls apart WTF Right Lol !?! It's such a Great Lesson in How much control We Really don't have but can seem so frustrating for sure Lol !!! ¿¿¿
For myself This Thing is absolutely a Mystery & Totally has me at Too Be or Not Too Be in everyday life !?! However in Truth Simply Seeing Everything Happens Then the Me pops in Claiming the Doing extra, Once that's Truly Seen it can't be unseen, I don't know if that makes sense to You ?!? So what I'm pointing Too is no matter What We Think Feel & say about this it's not that & in seeing this End ALL Questions !!!
I Apologize for getting right too the point, it just that it's too easy to get lost in speculation & what seems too be happening & sometimes the closer You get the denser the self & emotions feel !?! It is an odd situation to be human for sure Right Lol anyhow I'm really tired my Friend & so I'll post more Tomorrow night & Hope I was clear if not let me know & and I'll explain Sending Much Love Good Night/Morning & talk soon Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford ImageImageImageImageImageImage

DavidB

Postby DavidB » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:11 am

......For myself This Thing is absolutely a Mystery & Totally has me at Too Be or Not Too Be in everyday life !?! However in Truth Simply Seeing Everything Happens Then the Me pops in Claiming the Doing extra, Once that's Truly Seen it can't be unseen, I don't know if that makes sense to You ?!? So what I'm pointing Too is no matter What We Think Feel & say about this it's not that & in seeing this End ALL Questions !!! I Apologize for getting right too the point, it just that it's too easy to get lost in speculation & what seems too be happening & sometimes the closer You get the denser the self & emotions feel !?!.....
Thanks Stafford and you don't need to apologize for getting straight to the point, I realize that this is what this process is about. I am conscious that I can drift into ‘speculative conversation’ and so I appreciate the reminder. So life is living itself………….. The idea / story / concept of ‘me’ is a construction in the mind of the organism that sits here writing this……….. The organism follows it’s patterns developed through time and experience, and does what it has always done, perhaps with modifications in behaviour (until it stops / runs out of life). A construction of the organism’s mind is that it has (or is) a ‘self’ or a ‘me’ which does not actually exist as a ‘real’ entity, it is perhaps just a naturally occurring mechanism in that form of life….for survival…who knows? With that in mind, there is no way to ascertain who is really writing this, the ‘self’ that thinks it is doing so, is just an aspect (or construction) of the organism’s mind that has no actual reality or substance………..

All of the above and the individual terms and words such as ‘self’, ‘I’, ‘mind’, ‘organism’ etc, also ONLY make sense when understood in the context of that bit of the universe’s consciousness that calls itself ‘me’. Outside of the ‘human being’s mind’ there do not need to be any concepts at all….. no concepts of ‘I’, ‘Self’, ‘meaning’ etc etc….. No words………..

Not sure if you know the story of the person who went to the Buddha to ask if he had, or did not have, a ‘self’? Apparently the Buddha wouldn’t say anything……… On being questioned by one of his monks he said that if he had of said that the man had a ‘self’ he would not have been telling the truth. He went onto say that if he had told the man he did not have a self, then the man would have become confused and thought he had one before he met the Buddha, but now had lost it. The Buddha seemed to gauge that he would have only become distressed so he kept silent…………

It seems on seeing this, no-one really sees it…… Also one cannot expect to always be aware of it, as there is no ‘one’ to always be aware of it………………. We can even let go of hanging onto any ideas, even of wanting to be ‘enlightened’ as this is also just an idea… a concept………..

And yet I sit here feeling like a ‘me’…… but that doesn’t matter either….it’s just the way it is sometimes……….

Goodnite Stafford………….

DavidB

Postby DavidB » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:16 am

Once that's Truly Seen it can't be unseen, I don't know if that makes sense to You ?!? So what I'm pointing Too is no matter What We Think Feel & say about this it's not that & in seeing this End ALL Questions !
There is nothing to say.................All questions are ridiculous.....................

Return to “ARCHIVES”