insight

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Alaya

Re: insight

Postby Alaya » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:27 pm

Which will then also include the sense of time and space ,right? One can only experience directly what is, so called presence, through the five senses/skhandas, I guess the key here is to not identify with it

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:48 pm

The key is to stick with direct experience and to see where that leads you

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:11 pm

Okay, now we become aware of actual experience (AE) and what LOOKING is.
The term ‘actual experience’ (AE) is used to refer to experience ‘right now,’ and noticing the thought stories about them...so ‘looking’ is just plain looking at what is here right now ie image/colour, sound, smell, sensation, taste and the simple knowing of thought at face value. The key to this exploration is the careful LOOKING. Why? Because it’s the act of actually LOOKING and not finding an “I” that brings about the realisation of there being no separate self.

First we are going to learn how to ‘look’.

I would like you to sit quietly and close your eyes and just listen to the sounds for a few minutes that can be heard both inside and outside of the room. Really hear them.

Tell me ONE sound that you heard when doing this? (Make sure it is a sound that you will be able to hear again for part 2 of this exercise).

x

Alaya

Postby Alaya » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:53 am

There is wind, I can hear wind inside and outside of the room

Alaya

Postby Alaya » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Actually, more present is a bird singing

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:49 pm

Either sound is fine for our purposes here. Go with whichever s present now
Now repeat the exercise and tell me:-

How is it known that the sound heard was a bird singing (or wind) ? In other words, what is it that says it was a bird singing?
What is the actual experience (AE) of hearing "a bird singing"?

Please do the exercise by looking at actual experience (AE), rather than giving an intellectual answer. Actual experience (AE) = what is actually appearing ie sound, thought, smell, taste, sensation, colour), as opposed to what thoughts say are appearing.

x

Alaya

Postby Alaya » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:10 am

good morning Sioned,
good questions!
How is it known that the sound heard was a bird singing (or wind)? In other words, what is it that says it was a bird singing?
it is known through thinking, this sound is labelled as a bird singing; as soon as my mind labelled it, it went to a different thought! it happens in the head
What is the actual experience (AE) of hearing "a bird singing"?
now, the actual experience is engaging
for a start, the experience of a bird singing is through the whole body, the listening is more like resonating through the body rather than listening through the ears, the sound vibrates mainly in my core body
with the actual experience of 'hearing' a bird singing', (the word hearing is looser in its meaning ), is vibrating in the body, also feels uplifting, connecting

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:26 pm

Morning, Alaya,
Good answers!
How do you know in direct experience that it is "a bird singing"?

Alaya

Postby Alaya » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:11 pm

How do you know in direct experience that it is "a bird singing"?
in the direct experience, there is a sound appearance, a sound resonance/vibration through the body
recognition of 'a bird singing' comes through the thinking mind

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:07 pm

Great answer!

I've realised this past week that I need a break from guiding, so I'm not going to be able to continue with here. My apologies for this. I haven't been able to find another guide to take over from me in guiding you as yet, so you may have to wait a little while. unfortunately.
with best wishes to you
Sioned

Alaya

Postby Alaya » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:12 pm

sorry to hear you are not able to continue with this exploration although I understand it one may need a break from this type of guidance; thanks for letting me know and wishing you all the best!

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:13 pm

Thanks for your understanding

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:23 pm

Dear Alaya,
Forget-me-not is going to take over guiding you. You'll be in good hands there!
X

Alaya

Postby Alaya » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:15 pm

Hello Sioned,

that's great news! thanks for this and hope you are well

all the best! x

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:02 pm

Hello Alaya,

My name is Kay and I am happy to continue guiding you. One thing I would like to stress....please put aside ALL other teachings, philosophies, rituals and practices for the duration of this exploration. They will only be a hindrance/barrier to having the realisation that there is no separate self. This exploration is about 'unlearning' everything you think you know, which includes the idea of being a separate self in any shape or form.

Although Sioned has already given you the following exercise...I am going to start there again.

At the beginning we become aware of actual experience (AE) and what LOOKING is because this is the foundation of the exploration. ‘Looking’ is just plain looking at actual/direct experience (AE), which is simply colour (image), sound, smell, sensation, taste and the simple knowing of thought at face value that is appearing right now in the moment. You are looking at the raw experience of AE and noticing the labels and thoughts ABOUT the raw experience. The key to this exploration is the careful LOOKING. Why? Because it’s the act of actually LOOKING and not finding an “I” that brings about the realisation of there being no separate self and that there has never been a separate self.

So first we become aware of what AE is and how it is used to ‘look’.

I would like you to sit quietly and close your eyes and just listen to the sounds for a few minutes that can be heard both inside and outside of the room. Really hear them.

Tell me ONE sound that you heard when doing this? (Make sure it is a sound that you will be able to hear again for part 2 of this exercise).

Throughout our exploration together, please answer all questions that are in blue text and answer each question individually please using the quote function.

Kay
Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.
https://freedomalreadyis.com/

Return to “ARCHIVES”