Advice on depending liberation

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
ChrisGus

Re: Advice on depending liberation

Postby ChrisGus » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:59 am

Hi John. The urge to keep you posted came up ;)
Life is just carrying on with experiences coming up and passing. The movie screen metaphor sums it up. Default mode seems to be just sitting and allowing. The appetite for food and sleep have tailed off a fair bit. The thought “I should eat” or “I should sleep” just pops up. The memory isn’t great either but who cares! Any issues that come up with people during the day are not clung to after the event.

Best,
Chris

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:40 am

Hi John. The urge to keep you posted came up ;)
Life is just carrying on with experiences coming up and passing. The movie screen metaphor sums it up. Default mode seems to be just sitting and allowing. The appetite for food and sleep have tailed off a fair bit. The thought “I should eat” or “I should sleep” just pops up. The memory isn’t great either but who cares! Any issues that come up with people during the day are not clung to after the event.

Thanks Chris. Just me and the cat here, and the cat doesn't seem bothered either way. :)

When you arrived at the door :), you were looking for:

Clear, direct and straight forward advice to aid in the deepening of liberation and an honest perspective on what might be causing a slipping back and forth between no self and self identification....

What happened?

Best wishes,
John
"The more he looked inside, the more Piglet wasn't there." - A.A.Milne
https://johnchristophercoaching.wordpress.com/

ChrisGus

Postby ChrisGus » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:59 pm

Relaxing happened. ‘Chris’ was doing the looking before. The sour lemon contracted view isn’t as pleasant as “this...”.

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:42 am

Relaxing happened. ‘Chris’ was doing the looking before. The sour lemon contracted view isn’t as pleasant as “this...”.

:) Chris, we have some questions which can be useful pointers too.
Would you like to respond to them?

best wishes,
John

ChrisGus

Postby ChrisGus » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:51 am

Why not :)

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:22 pm

Cool. :) Wrote whatever comes up.

1) Was ‘me’/‘myself’ ever a living being that moves, speaks or thinks?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of ‘me’/‘myself’ is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.

3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.

4) What was key in seeing this?

5) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. Does ‘me’/‘myself’ make things happen? Is ‘me’/‘myself’ in control of anything? How does it work? What is ‘me’/‘myself’ responsible for? Give examples from experience.

6) Anything to add?

Best wishes,
John

ChrisGus

Postby ChrisGus » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:02 am

1.No. What more can be said?

2. It’s a story of past and future experiences, the body including brain function being taken as a whole being protected from further unwanted experience.

3. It feels like coming out of a fog. A clouded irritant has dissipated and experience is calm and clear.

4. You called me out in an earlier response. A wave of intense shame was felt. It was seen that it was the initial seed of what was taken to be a ‘me’ since childhood.

5. Decision, intention, free will, choice and control are just a narrative of things happening. There’s no me to make things happen or to control events.

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:17 am

Thank you Chris, we're all done here. :)

With best wishes,
John

ChrisGus

Postby ChrisGus » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:41 pm

Thanks so much John :)

Return to “ARCHIVES”