Long time seeker - No-one-wannabe

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Rayd8

Re: Long time seeker - No-one-wannabe

Postby Rayd8 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 am

HereNow points to the current and evident knowledge of experience (X), no matter what it is appearing as.

Past and memory go hand-in-hand as almost everybody believes that a memory thought is referring to something that has happened; that a memory thought is a different thought than a non-memory thought.
This makes perfect sense.
Please don’t go to thought explanation, but just let a memory be there, and look at it.

What is memory exactly?
No way to know what it is exactly. "Memory" is AE of Thought.
What is the memory ‘made of’?
No way to know what they are made of. Any memory must be an AE of Thought.
What is the exact difference between a ‘general’ thought and a ‘memory’ thought?
"Memory thoughts" have a "time element" of when they happened and they can also contain "thought" like decisions or judgment about the memory. A "general" thought can be a label like "bird" or "apple" with no "time/past."
WHEN does the memory actually appear?
The memory can only appear NOW. It may seem to have happened at "an earlier time," but it actually exists Now.
How is it known EXACTLY that a ‘memory’ thought refers to something that has happened?
The only thing that gives the illusion that the memory refers to a past event is the Thought that it happened "before." Or the content of the thought may give the idea of a past event - because the content of the memory has elements that look "older" - like clothes, or other objects that seem to be "in the past." But any "memory" is only AE of Thought.
Then, look at a thought about the future.
What is the future thought ‘made of’?
The future is Fantasy (AE of Thought) - it does not exist in AE.
WHEN does the future thought appear?
Now. It can only appear now. There is no AE of past. "Past" and "future" are only AE of Thought.
What is the exact difference between a ‘general’ thought and a ‘future’ thought?
Wait... In AE, there is no difference. They are both AE of Thought... Same with past.
How is it known EXACTLY that a ‘future’ thought refers to something that will happen?
There is no way to know that a thought will happen. "Future" does not exist. "Future" is AE of Thought.
Then let’s compare a thought about past and a thought about the future.
What is the EXACT difference between the thoughts about past and future?
If there is difference, how that difference is known exactly?
There is no difference. They are both AE of Thought. Thought is thought. Any "time" within a thought is just Thought about Thought.

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Fri May 10, 2019 5:15 am

Hi Ray,
What is the exact difference between a ‘general’ thought and a ‘memory’ thought?
"Memory thoughts" have a "time element" of when they happened and they can also contain "thought" like decisions or judgment about the memory. A "general" thought can be a label like "bird" or "apple" with no "time/past."
There is absolutely no difference between a memory thought and a general thought. A thought is a thought. The actual experience of thought isn't any different just because the content of the thought is different.
WHEN does the memory actually appear?
The memory can only appear NOW. It may seem to have happened at "an earlier time," but it actually exists Now.

Yes :)
How is it known EXACTLY that a ‘memory’ thought refers to something that has happened?
The only thing that gives the illusion that the memory refers to a past event is the Thought that it happened "before." Or the content of the thought may give the idea of a past event - because the content of the memory has elements that look "older" - like clothes, or other objects that seem to be "in the past." But any "memory" is only AE of Thought.
Lovely!
What is the exact difference between a ‘general’ thought and a ‘future’ thought?
Wait... In AE, there is no difference. They are both AE of Thought... Same with past.
Yup! Nice pick up! :)
Then let’s compare a thought about past and a thought about the future.
What is the EXACT difference between the thoughts about past and future?
If there is difference, how that difference is known exactly?
There is no difference. They are both AE of Thought. Thought is thought. Any "time" within a thought is just Thought about Thought.
Nice!

Okay...so we have covered all areas where a SEEMING separate self can hide. To ensure that everything has been covered and that everything is clear, can you answer the following questions with some detail please, and answer what's true for you rather than any sort of 'ideal' answer. Also please provide examples where asked.

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form?
Was there ever?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience.
Describe it fully as you see it now.

3) How does it feel to see this?
What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.

4) What was the last bit that pushed you over; made you look?

5) a) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work? Give examples from your own recent experiences to how things happen and how things work.

b) What are you responsible for? Give examples from your own recent experiences to how this works.

6) Anything to add?

Kay
Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.
https://freedomalreadyis.com/

Rayd8

Postby Rayd8 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:12 am

Hi Kay!
1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form?
Was there ever?
There is no "self, I, me, you, individual" to be found in Actual (Raw) Experience. There never was. Never will be. This is the grand illusion!

This sounded so weird and impossible before doing this process, but this is how it really is - Raw Experience.
2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience.
Describe it fully as you see it now.
It's not easy to describe the illusion, nor the end of it, but I'll do my best here...

Reality is Raw Experience (X).

X simply IS. The illusion is that X is separated into many things (and individuals) - separated in every thing, but in reality, there is No Separation in Raw Experience. X simply IS. And is ALL there IS.

The individual is an illusion. The wave believing that it is separate from the ocean when the ocean is all there is - including the wave.

The illusion starts with thought. Thought labels every thing like an overlay or a veil (thought/label).
3) How does it feel to see this?
What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.
Right now, there is only X. No overlay. Like taking off a pair of dirty glasses. Sometimes thought arises, but quickly disappears.

One of the best examples you gave me was discovering that Santa Claus does not exist. Santa Claus isn't replaced with another belief/thought. The illusion of the individual just disappears when he's looked for and never found.

Now, there is a constant sensation of contentment. There is no worry about what might happen. There is no sense of past, present, or future. There is no time in Raw Experience. X just IS.

Worry about big or small things is GONE now. It's fine to be at work, it's fine to be a home... Everything is simply OK. What a relief! When sitting and looking, everything is great just how it is. There is no impulse/thought to change it into "something better." Everything is perfect just as it is.

Other people's actions are also perfectly fine. There's no compulsion to get into any drama, with other's drama. Also, the feeling of being attacked by others no longer exist. It used to seem like other's comments towards "Ray" would many times seem offensive, even when they were not, but not anymore.

Before, thoughts would pretty much come up constantly. Old memory-thoughts, stories, worry-thoughts, fear of forgetting things would cause the creation of many many notes and reminders on the Smartphone... That's all over and gone.

Realizing all this was a huge relief. It was not an explosive affair, but it was a relief! Ahhhhhhh... Nice...

At first there was a fear of "losing it." Watching out to make sure "it was still there." After a couple of days, that fear was gone.
4) What was the last bit that pushed you over; made you look?
I had a glimpse of Raw Experience a couple of times before, but not understanding how X "works," kept the illusion from dissolving completely.

The tipping point was realizing that the card that had to be pulled was the "compulsion to understand" to "find meaning" in Everything (in every thing). Even when it was obvious that there was no individual (I, me), thoughts kept creeping up like: "How can this be?" "How does it all work?" "How can there be a 'movie' without actors - without an audience?" "What is it made of?" "If this is true, then..." etc, etc, etc...

When I finally let go of that last piece/impulse - when I pulled that last card, the house of cards came tumbling down. Then I could continue with the exploration till the end.
5) a) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work? Give examples from your own recent experiences to how things happen and how things work.
Decision, intention, free will, choice and control are ALL AE of Thought (Illusion). There is no individual "me" (or anyone) doing ANYTHING - controlling anything. - X IS. It's like a dream that seems so real, so convincing, that one doesn't ever question its reality - but it is an illusion.

Einstein is quoted as saying, "Reality is merely an illusion. Albeit a very persistent one."
b) What are you responsible for? Give examples from your own recent experiences to how this works.
There is no "I" to be responsible for anything! So there is no impulse to fix or change anything and no sense of responsibility. It's so easy now to "let things be" - to "go with the flow." like mentioned above, there is no urge to "get into other people's drama." Whatever happens, happens!

The other day, there was a kind of argument between my wife and daughter. Although it wasn't a comfortable situation, and I had to get in there and mediate between them, there was a sense of detachment (in a good way). There was no high stress level. Although there was real stress in the situation, the stress level was very low compared to how it would have been just a few weeks before.

Now, nothing feels forced anymore. No worries.
6) Anything to add?
Yes! Everything is different, yet everything is the same!

There's still work, chores around the house, taking care of the family and pets - all that stuff, but it's all easy.

Kay, I really, really, really appreciate your helping me with this exploration/process/journey.

I've been "searching" for a long time. My cup was way too full... Now, thanks to you, I only know that I know NOTHING! I AM nothing! There is no "I". There's freedom now!

I really appreciate what you've done for me and you're doing with others here. This is priceless.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Sat May 11, 2019 1:20 am

Hello Ray,

Thank you for your lovely responses. Can I ask you to provide an example for question 5 a) please

Kay

Rayd8

Postby Rayd8 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:44 am

OK.
There is no way to know how they all work.

When "I decide" to open or close my hand, it simply happens. There is no thought-mechanism to be found that causes this to happen.

When I walk, walking happens. There is AE of sensations,color,sounds, smells,thought... but there is no mental/thought/will/intention making this happen.

Sometimes it seems that "Rayself" is making choices between options, but there is no "free will" or "choices taken" - it's all just happening. The IS (X) is not controlled by "Rayself" or any individual.

It is so easy now to work because there is no effort to control anything. It's kind of like letting the river's current take you instead of swimming against it. Going with it always.

Working, driving, walking, just happens.

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Sat May 11, 2019 5:48 am

Thanks Ray. I am going to get other guides to read your thread to ensure that I have covered everything and that my pointing has been clear. They may or may not have further questions for you. Other guides reading your thread may take a couple of days...I will let you know as soon as I know.

Kay

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Sat May 11, 2019 9:30 am

Hi Ray,

Congratulations, and welcome through the Gateless Gate! There are no further questions for you. It has been a pleasure to explore the concept of the separate self with you and point the way. Thank you for being so open and willing to LOOK!

Keep an eye out for an email notification notifying you of a PM (private message) from the forum inviting you to join our aftercare groups on Facebook. If you don't receive an email notification, you can access your PM's from the forum once you have logged in. The PM also details other resources available to you. Your username, on the forum, will change from green to blue which indicates that you have had the realisation of there being no separate self.

You can contact me at any time if you have any questions etc, via the forums PM system, or via Facebook if you decide to join our groups there.

Love, Kay

Rayd8

Postby Rayd8 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Woohoo!

Awesome Kay!

Again, I am so very grateful for your help and guidance!

"You" are awesome! Thanks!

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Wed May 15, 2019 6:53 am

Hey Ray....did you check you PM box on the forum? You have a message waiting for you.

Kay

Return to “ARCHIVES”