Not "Getting It"

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Bayou1

Re: Not "Getting It"

Postby Bayou1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Hi Stafford!

No problem at all on the reply timing!
So Really I'm Trying Too get You Too Drop what You Know & Really Really See for Yourself What You are ???
There are sensations / perceptions and thoughts. Ignoring the content of thoughts, there's no anything specific or individual, just sensations / perceptions and thoughts rolling around. Without thought content to label a body as me, a keyboard as a keyboard, a tree as a tree, etc., there are no specific things anywhere. That would mean that there is no specific me, either, no specific doer, controller, self, or somebody who's home. Dropping thought content would really mean dropping labels for everything as well.

Outside of thoughts to make judgments, label everything, and claim experience as being mine / me, there is just life going on. What can be tricky is when thoughts do come up to claim something as being mine, getting defensive about something else, and so on. The thoughts are coming up in the same place as everything else, of course (consciousness, awareness, or whatever else people call it), as part of experience.

Without labeling but with still admitting the "sense / feeling of existence," then "what I am" would be just experience. No nouns would be left to be.

Please help me get back on track if I'm wandering off course :)
Bayou

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:18 am

"""""Please help me get back on track if I'm wandering off course """"'"

Hi Bayou my Friend,
You're Not off Course my Friend no problems !!! Being a Guide it's my job too keep an eye on the Gate & Actual Experience, So as not Too Teach & get Intellectual about This !!! I want to Reassure You You can't get this Wrong Even in Stress & at Home with Your Kids !!! In Seeing This my Friend What can go wrong & if identifying happens does that Prove an I has Anything to do with Anything ??? Look into this & let me know What Seen Thanks my Friend & You're Doing Perfect Thanks for Being So Patient Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bayou1

Postby Bayou1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Good morning!

Thank you for the link that you sent me (as well as your last response, of course!). I hope things are all going well with you and the family.
In Seeing This my Friend What can go wrong & if identifying happens does that Prove an I has Anything to do with Anything ???
If identifying with thoughts or something happens, that doesn't prove that there is a me in the picture. Focusing in attention on thoughts and following their sequential ones that follow endlessly doesn't show a separate person. I have no idea how attention is focused either to say that I'm doing that or responsible for it.

Endlessly following thoughts, however, just seems to go against what we are working towards and what non-duality generally talks about - staying "in the moment," not letting thoughts come between you and experience, and so on. If a me is only found in thought content, obsessing over thought content seems like it is going in the wrong direction for changing the outlook on the experience at the moment.

Thanks again!
Bayou

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:05 am

""""""Endlessly following thoughts, however, just seems to go against what we are working towards and what non-duality generally talks about - staying "in the moment," not letting thoughts come between you and experience, and so on. If a me is only found in thought content, obsessing over thought content seems like it is going in the wrong direction for changing the outlook on the experience at the moment.""""""

Hi Bayou my Friend,
You are So Welcome & Yes That was The Reason We had You Following the Thinking & So You can Drop Following Thoughts, You got IT That Thought isn't a You !!!

So OK my Brother in This Illusion, Please Look Once again, Does a You Exist & if Not What Would the Gate Be & is There anything You can Do Too Be out of This Moment ! ? !
OK get back with me on This When This is Clear & Take Time if You Need !?! I Love Guiding You & Great Work !!! Talk soon my Friend & Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford

Bayou1

Postby Bayou1 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi Stafford!
You got IT That Thought isn't a You !!!
Yes, thoughts aren't me. Their content may be talking about there being a me, about this process of seeing the lack of there being someone, and everything else, but thoughts are not what I am.

There are thoughts that "I'm not through this gate yet" that try to cast doubt on this all, but I am watching those thoughts in the same way as any others. I also was not a part of coming up with those thoughts, making them happen, or anything other than seeing them.
Please Look Once again, Does a You Exist & if Not What Would the Gate Be & is There anything You can Do Too Be out of This Moment ! ? !
No, I am out of places to find an elusive me. I continue to watch and notice a lack of doing, of making things happen. It's still amazing to me. The gate would just be dropping the belief in that I'm that controller, that I'm in charge of something. Without control, there's nothing I can do to be out of this moment or affect the experience of it.

Thank you, again!
Bayou

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:21 am

Hi Bayou Good Looking & Clear Answers,
Now is There Any Beliefs about This & What's Changed since You Started & What Hasn't ?!? We're Going Too Keep it Short & Direct from Here on Out too Keep This Staying as Clear as Possible !!! Talk soon my Friend & Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford

Bayou1

Postby Bayou1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:00 pm

Good Morning,
Now is There Any Beliefs about This
Hmmm. Thoughts occasionally pop up trying to think through what the world actually is. What I mean by this is getting back to what a lot of non-dual people talk about "everything being consciousness" and stuff along those lines. What all of this is, however, cannot be known in direct experience. "Everything is consciousness" is a belief as much as "there is a me." So, I haven't been getting tangled up in that internal dialogue. It really feels like I am at the point where expectations and beliefs on this have faded away.

What's Changed since You Started & What Hasn't ?!?
What hasn't changed is that life still goes on. I still have the same job, family, house, life, interests, favorite foods and drinks, and so forth. What has changed centers around the dropping of the belief of being in charge of this body, its thoughts, movements, and decisions. There has been an end to the resistance to the idea that there's no one home; that has been accepted and continues to slowly sink in deeper as these weeks pass.

Thanks again!
Bayou

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:43 pm

""""There has been an end to the resistance to the idea""""
Hi Bayou Yes Love IT !!!
OK Bayou I'm not trying too Be Picky, just Too Be Absolutely Sure that This IS Seen not Believed ?!? Is this an idea Like Santa Claus or an Actual Experience Like Seeing What Color socks You are Wearing ?!? No Need for a Long Explanation just a Simple Answer Yes a Believed idea or No it's my Actual Experience No One Home !?! Thanks Bayou for Your Patience & Clarity. Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford

Bayou1

Postby Bayou1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:51 pm

Hello, sir!
No Need for a Long Explanation just a Simple Answer Yes a Believed idea or No it's my Actual Experience No One Home !?!
It's actual experience that there isn't someone home. Direct experience can't find anyone to actually be home :)

Bayou

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:58 pm

"""""It's actual experience that there isn't someone home. Direct experience can't find anyone to actually be home """""

Hi Bayou my Friend,

Yes Welcome Home Bayou
I sent this Thread Too The End of Conversation Thread & just waiting for my Mentors ??? May I ask would You Like Too Expound on Your Journey Here at LU !?! OK my Friend So Enjoy Our Journey Together & Talk soon !!! Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford

Bayou1

Postby Bayou1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:07 am

Hi Stafford!
Yes Welcome Home Bayou
Thanks for the welcome!
ay I ask would You Like Too Expound on Your Journey Here at LU !?!
I think that I'd just like to thank you again and thank also the two guides that came before you. Everyone was very patient with me as the roadblocks that came up were gradually worn away. These blockages, counter-arguments, and confusion that came up on my part were due to a few decades of being trained to see existence in a certain way; it took a little time to really dissect all that and actually examine what experience is like. Seeing that I'm not in control still blows me away :)

I hope to "pay it forward" (your kindness and generosity with your time and attention) to help others see this as well.

Talk to you again soon!
Bayou

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:45 am

Hello, sir!
No Need for a Long Explanation just a Simple Answer Yes a Believed idea or No it's my Actual Experience No One Home !?!
It's actual experience that there isn't someone home. Direct experience can't find anyone to actually be home :)

Bayou

StaffordJR

Re: Not

Postby StaffordJR » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:54 am

Hello, sir!

Bayou

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:01 am

Hi Stafford!
Yes Welcome Home Bayou
Thanks for the welcome!
ay I ask would You Like Too Expound on Your Journey Here at LU !?!
I think that I'd just like to thank you again and thank also the two guides that came before you. Everyone was very patient with me as the roadblocks that came up were gradually worn away. These blockages, counter-arguments, and confusion that came up on my part were due to a few decades of being trained to see existence in a certain way; it took a little time to really dissect all that and actually examine what experience is like. Seeing that I'm not in control still blows me away :)

I hope to "pay it forward" (your kindness and generosity with your time and attention) to help others see this as well.

Talk to you again soon!
Bayou
Hi Bayou my Friend,
Yes it's Absolutely incredible How This Happens By Itself, Amazing Blows me Away Too ?!? It IS an Honor Guiding You & Looking forward in Seeing This Deepen for You ! ? ! Still trying too figure How This Transition Over for You ?!? Thanks for Your Kindness & Patience in Learning This Whole Guiding Process my Friend I'll Keep You informed. Talk soon my Friend Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford ImageImageImage

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:45 am

Hi Bayou my friend,
I really apologize for this however I have too ask you if you would kindly answer those 6 final questions again, there attached at the bottom Thank You ??? The facilitator that's working with me wanted too make sure I'm following the guidelines for clear seeing ?!? I appreciate your patience once again !!! Thanks Bayou & hope all is well !?! Talk soon & Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford ImageImageImageImage

Return to “ARCHIVES”