Not "Getting It"

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
StaffordJR

Re: Not "Getting It"

Postby StaffordJR » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:57 am

Wonderful, You're Welcome & Thank You & Excited to get started !!! I will try & post once if not twice a day too keep a flow going, life happens so if there a little time in between post totally understandable & we'll try & let each other know if there's a time lapse ¡ ! ¡

First I'd like too point out that this is not a learning thing, it's totally a seeing thing & it's not a belief its just what is.
So let's find out what you have too do to Be ??? While investigating Seeing what needs too be done too Be, Realize Knowledge & Words are only Labels Ideas Theories & Pointers to which is Unexplainable & always changing & never the same. Take a look & tell me what you see out of this & Please feel free too question me on anything you feel stuck on !?! Wishing the very best & hope the night or day is meeting you good !!! If you post again tonight I might be able too post back tonight have a great one

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bayou1

Postby Bayou1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:54 pm

Hello!
So let's find out what you have too do to Be ??? While investigating Seeing what needs too be done too Be,
Existing just happens on its own. There can be the thought of being responsible for actions, but those actions as well as perceptions and thoughts just are there by themselves within existence. I think that answers your question?

Thank you,
Bayou

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:52 pm

Hello!
So let's find out what you have too do to Be ??? While investigating Seeing what needs too be done too Be,
Existing just happens on its own. There can be the thought of being responsible for actions, but those actions as well as perceptions and thoughts just are there by themselves within existence. I think that answers your question?

Thank you,
Bayou

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:30 pm

Hi Bayou,
Good Morning & afternoon. Apologies had some problems with quote button Lol
You're exactly right !!! I just wanted Too ask if thoughts are responsible for action or coloring the action ??? What are You actually responsible for & what are you before the thought process ??? I want you too know the answers you give me are for your looking so there isn't really a wrong or right answer, it's really really a simple seeing ! ? ! And just a reminder it's not a belief !!! OK take a look & I hope you're having a good day talk soon

Yours Truly Stafford

Bayou1

Postby Bayou1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:48 pm

Hi Stafford,

Not a problem re: that quote button.
I just wanted Too ask if thoughts are responsible for action or coloring the action ?
Thoughts say that they are responsible for actions, but in reality, they don't control action. Stuff happens constantly without thought, so the case can't be made that thought is running the show. It does "color" action, however, through constant color-commentary and judgment on actions and everything else perceived. However, these thoughts aren't affecting actions but do appear to consume a lot of attention.

What are You actually responsible for & what are you before the thought process ?
People are taught and we believe by default that we're doing everything and responsible for everything that we do, think, and say. The investigation I've already gone through here at LU has really shone a light on the lack of thought's control and the lack of control of thoughts. So, what I'm responsible for is a really good question! I'm not sure I'm responsible for anything. I can say that now because I've stopped to reflect on this, but throughout the day, I still seem to be living by default from the point of view of being a doer.

On the second question, "what am I before the thought process," that also is a good question! Other than thought saying that I'm the body, without the content of thought, there are just perceptions and thoughts, without anything being mine or anyone else's - just stuff out happening. Before or after thought, there is no me; thoughts are what come in and state that there is one - a me.

Thanks again and talk to you soon!
Bayou

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:26 am

Before or after thought, there is no me; thoughts are what come in and state that there is one - a me

Hi Bayou,
You're so Welcome &
Great work, I just want too point out what you have seen !!! It's so subtle that it's very easy too miss !!!
Its very easy too mistake me for natural intelligent, which by the way starts with an i & can always feel like I ?!? So I don't want you too believe me, I want you know you've seen this !!!
What would come up I told you that you don't exist other than life living you !?!
I'd like you too do the exercise I've attached below & let me know if there's a separate self apart for natural intelligent ¿ ? ¿
Sending Appreciation & Love I Wishing You The Best ImageImageImage
Yours Truly Stafford Image

Bayou1

Postby Bayou1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:39 am

Hi Stafford,

Sorry for the little delay in response; it has been a busy weekend.
What would come up I told you that you don't exist other than life living you !?!
It doesn't seem like so crazy of an idea anymore :) It's sinking in that an "I" only exists as the content of some thoughts, and I keep returning back to the lack of control over experience and how it's all just out there running on its own.

I'd like you too do the exercise I've attached below & let me know if there's a separate self apart for natural intelligent
Can you please clarify what that sentence means, particularly "natural intelligent"?

Regarding the Nature Exercise, I'm not finding a boundary in sensations / perceptions between my experience and the world. There's just one experience, one life or existence. Content of thoughts may say that the witness is separate from it all, but outside of those specific thoughts, that's not the baseline experience, either.

Thanks again!
Bayou

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:49 am

Can you please clarify what that sentence means, particularly "natural intelligent"?

Regarding the Nature Exercise, I'm not finding a boundary in sensations / perceptions between my experience and the world. There's just one experience, one life or existence. Content of thoughts may say that the witness is separate from it all, but outside of those specific thoughts, that's not the baseline experience, either.

Hi Bayou,
I so hope you had a good weekend, always seems so short Lol ! ? ! Ok
to clarify "natural intelligence" is really just another name among many labels like Mother Nature God Grandfather Creator Source & so on ¡!¡ It seems that if we put a name on something then it's easier for us too deal with. We're not good at dealing with nothing or emptiness, however really a name can't hold a light too this what's actually happening !?!
And so my friend I really feel your at the Gate if not through !!! ;~} =_= {~;
I wanted too share a little about my journey because I can relate a little too yours !!! I've studied spiritually & religion since I was little kid !!! As a teenage & Young adult I discovered that there were more Questions than answers !?! Just like you found they taught there's either Nothing I can do or Years of Training & So on & I considered myself Christian Too, just something was missing ?!? So when I came here to LU all I wanted was the Truth & Too be done with this & get on with life Right !!! So I drop all my studies & what I learned & my options about this & took a honest look & told myself whatever I Actually saw must be IT !!! ??? Nothing's changed & Everything when I seen I'm not doing any of This, This was Creating a me Wow !!! My life has everything it had before except just not so personal & joy knowing It's a Happening in Happiness, notice the similarity in words, neat Right :) Anyway I hope sharing a little about myself has helped & not mixed you up !?! Please once again let me know if there's anything unclear about this & We'll take a look & see what's there, if You're Seeing This Clear, then we'll take you through the finishing parts !?! Have a good one & talk soon !!!

Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter
Stafford

Bayou1

Postby Bayou1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi Stafford!

Thank you very much for sharing your background. I was honestly just thinking that I would really like to hear a little bit about your background and how you came to this. I even went and found your thread of being guided and was amazed at how short of a time it took for you to see it all! That had to have been a record :)

Your definition of Natural Intelligence makes sense - thanks for clarifying.

One hang-up that I've had in this process is "knowing" when I've gone through the gate. If it's a subtle change, that's fine, but how can one detect that subtlety? Since you recently went through this, do you still have thoughts of being a body, a person, or do those thoughts generally go away - signaling that you're through? Are there any other generally experienced signposts that I could look for to know for myself?

Thanks again!
Bayou

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:51 am

Hi Bayou,
My pleasure sharing my experience especially if it helps !!! I've been on this journey seeking since I was little & seen this a couple of times. So it only seems like I got this fast & really no one gets this & will clarify this as best as I can !?!
I Tried too make into a belief system a understanding ?!? I don't have too believe the sun shines it just IS that way Direct Experience !!!

""""One hang-up that I've had in this process is "knowing" when I've gone through the gate. If it's a subtle change, that's fine, but how can one detect that subtlety? Since you recently went through this, do you still have thoughts of being a body, a person, or do those thoughts generally go away - signaling that you're through? Are there any other generally experienced signposts that I could look for to know for myself? """"

There's not really a change & the subtlety is the difference between Being & Personality. Being IS the created Present & Personality is fictional person !?!
The thoughts & the story
still goes on & seems like a me doing this & yes still happening to me ! ? !
That's what held me up too for the longest !!! When I (which our language makes us use subject & object references) Look at the present moment, direct experience shows up before the me defines what's happening. Notice the word present is made from pre=sent which is already the case !!!
OK heres the kicker & something I want you too look & see, can the unknown be know & if it can't be known can it be seen ?!?
That's the signpost in looking at direct experience I can see the unknown but not know it & see I'm not doing the creating, I'm being created which looks feels & seems like a doing !?!
Knowing by the way has no words its not Knowledge, so you can't know your through the gate, there a seeing that there's no you doing in direct experience !!!
OK I feel like I've rambled on tonight I'll try & be more clearer tomorrow I So hope this helps clarify a little have a Great One Sending Love & Appreciation talk with you tomorrow

Yours Truly Stafford

Bayou1

Postby Bayou1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:09 pm

Hi Stafford,
OK heres the kicker & something I want you too look & see, can the unknown be know & if it can't be known can it be seen ?!?
That's the signpost in looking at direct experience I can see the unknown but not know it & see I'm not doing the creating, I'm being created which looks feels & seems like a doing !?!
I'm not sure I understand the question here - sorry! "Can the unknown be known and if it can't be known can it be seen"? Something that is unknown is not known, otherwise it wouldn't be unknown. So, I'd answer "no" to the first half of that question. On the second part, "if it can't be known can it be seen?", I'm not sure the difference between known and seen. I'd venture the same answer on this half - that if something is known, there is a perception of it and therefore it has been "seen" in some way by at least one of the senses.

In your message, I don't understand the couple of sentences that follow the bit that I quoted and talked about above...I'm sorry! Could you please clarify and let me know if I was interpreting the questions appropriately above?

Thanks again,
Bayou

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:13 am

""""In your message, I don't understand the couple of sentences that follow the bit that I quoted and talked about above...I'm sorry! Could you please clarify and let me know if I was interpreting the questions appropriately above?""""

Hi Bayou,
I so Apologize I found myself trying too teach you this & it's Totally not teachable it's a direct seeing what actually IS. So please forgive me & please know you can ask anything about this & anything is appropriate & thank you for your patience & kindness !!!
OK Yes your right on the first part. No the unknown can't be known !!! However when I look out in space, that's seen but still unknown ?!? The reason I'm pointing this way is it's not knowing or Believing we don't exist as a separate entity from life but seeing directly We're not doing this !!!
I'd like you for a whole day mention to yourself every single thing that your doing & making happened !!! Like for instance raising your hand, drinking, blinking, yawning walking, seeing something, hearing something & talking with someone, thinking & decisions not to think having an itch, scratching the itch, just every single thing !?! Then find if You come before the event or after ? What you See is the answer You're looking for & let me know what you seen ?!? Remember it's not a concept it's Looking & Seeing !!! OK Hope this is clearer ?!? Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter

Talk Soon Yours Truly Stafford

Bayou1

Postby Bayou1 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:28 pm

Hi Stafford,

Thanks again for your guidance and replies.
However when I look out in space, that's seen but still unknown ?!?
Sorry, but I'm still not understanding. I think it's the wording of this that keeps tripping me up. Could you please rephrase? That would help.

The reason I'm pointing this way is it's not knowing or Believing we don't exist as a separate entity from life but seeing directly We're not doing this !!!
The non-doership exercises have surprised me through this whole process with my former guide as well, that I do all kinds of stuff without thought whatsoever, other things happen and then thoughts come after, sometimes thoughts come first but the subsequent actions are different than the thoughts... The "me" comes in through thought, usually slightly after actions to claim something, but these thoughts don't claim that much. There are a ton of actions without any claiming thoughts, for example. It seems like it is only when thoughts "remember" that they should be claiming everything that they do once in a while.

Thanks again,
Bayou

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:22 am

""""However when I look out in space, that's seen but still unknown ?!? """"

You're So Very Welcome Bayou, Really my pleasure & I'm in this until You Know You're Through !!! The above You can Drop. I just was pointing that the unknown can be seen & still seen. No problems You're doing Great, let's go on from here !!!

""""The "me" comes in through thought, usually slightly after actions to claim something, but these thoughts don't claim that much. There are a ton of actions without any claiming thoughts, for example. It seems like it is only when thoughts "remember" that they should be claiming everything that they do once in a while."""""

OK Great seeing a me comes after the thought would it be too far off too say you are not ??? Just Look into that & get back with me with what comes up !!! Thanks & talk soon
Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter, Yours Truly Stafford

Bayou1

Postby Bayou1 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi Stafford!
OK Great seeing a me comes after the thought would it be too far off too say you are not ???
Thanks again for the reply. Does the above-quoted sentence really break into two, where you are asking me to confirm if the seeing of a me comes after thought and then separately asking if "I am not?"

If so, I would say that the first half is accurate in my experience, that the me comes in quickly to claim some things / actions through thoughts. Outside of those thoughts, there's just stuff going on, stuff being experienced.

On the second half of that sentence, I think I'll need some clarification or further direction on if "I am not."

Thanks again!
Bayou

Return to “ARCHIVES”