who else is ready to look?

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Ilona
Site Admin

Re: who else is ready to look?

Postby Ilona » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:49 pm

yes, keep attention on here now. (no-w-here, hehe), presence. and enjoy the ride:) i see that you crossed fully, now it's just some time needed to re-balance an adjust.
happy falling.

:)
Truth realized will set you free.
http://ilonaciunaite.com/book

drfunk

Postby drfunk » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Thanks! This is wonderful. It is so easy. You have been a remarkable surgeon here...don't even have to remove the stiches after the operation!
Love You very much

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:21 pm

hahaha, there was no operation, no stitches needed. you have been great :)
love back to you.

drfunk

Postby drfunk » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi Ilona, things are going well, so I thought I would finish off those final questions and cut the umbilical chord so to speak.
1. Is there a "me", a separate self, in any way shape or form now or ever? Absolutely never. It was all a belief in i-magination. It was not necessary to 'kill' the mind or destroy the "I" thought. All I had to do was see that it was imagination. I-magination is not real, or is ever real. Seeing that sees through the illusion. Everything else is pretty much the same.Thoughts, sensations , experiences, and even an "I" sometimes claiming the the thoughts are there, but the belief that there is an entity "I" is gone. Can't come back because it is seen & felt to be unreal
2. What is the illusion of separate 'self' when does it begin and how does it work?
From an early age perhaps even in infantcy, people are calling you a name and language skills develop an ability to put things into symbols. the mind starts referring to this experiencing complex of mind/ body as an "I", and a belief develops that this is a separate entity. This was not there at birth of the organism it developed over time and is a misperception that recurs many times on a daily basis to give the illusion of an entity that is the witness of the experiencing as well as the controller or doer of actions. after it is seen that there is no entity called "I" in reality
then it is obvious also that there is no doer and things are just happening effortlessly and naturally (which was always the case), but the misperception of an "I" brings in an uneccesary element that is only a cause of suffering and seeking for some improved moment in an imaginary future called "enlightenment". there is no future except in imagination, no enlightenment only the disillusion of unenlightenment, and life goes on just as it IS, things are just happening the way they do.
3 How does it feel to see this?
Really very little change in experience- all remains the same except that since there is No "I" no "doer", there is no place for the old habits of suffering to stick, and it is seen that experiences and actions just happen effortlessly by themselves with no "I" doing or controlling anything. It is noticed here that there is more attention to the "presence of Awareness" than to the thought stream most of the time and it is still possible to buy into the illusion again in moments of non enquiry but easily dispelled by remembering the entire thought stream especially the "I" thought is always and only in i-magination. This is not a state just seeing reality as it is. There is Nothing to attain, THIS IS IT!
4. How would I describe it to people who have not heard about this illusion?
I like the analogy that came up for my patients who have panic attacks. I give them the example of us sitting on the white sand of a beautiful Caribbean Island sipping delicious drinks and having a very pleasant time. Then notice that this is obviously imagination pretty much like day-dreaming. Then I ask them to look at the "I" thought, and feel it
and see that it comes exactly from the same place as that beautiful island- namely imagination/ day dreaming. There is no real entity called I. In this case I ask them to feel the sensations of anxiety or even panic fully and then I would have them ask themselves "Who am I?. I would change the question now, however, to:" Is there a such thing as I?"
5. what was the last bit that pushed you over and made you look?
Actually quite funny when I think about it! I spent the last 3 months in India mostly in Tiruvannamalai where I have been visiting periodically since 1978. doing all the usual things - meditating, Self-Enquiry Ramana style, hanging out with Gurus and feeling quite frustrated as I had been at this for 40 years with no appreciable change. I met a German man at my hotel the last ~ week there who I realized had "gotten it", and Bernhard and I would have coffee together every morning. He suggested I try this forum as he was a member of it and helping people mostly who speak German. So I did! I was ready, Ilona was greatly helpful to me and it was easy to see thru the illusion of "I".

So this feels like the conclusion of the beginning... I can crawl now! I don't know what is going to happen next and it does not seem to matter how this unfolds. Ilona, what is the best way for me to keep in touch with you and if I get stuck on some of the "house- cleaning", what is the best way for me to contact you?
Finally from the bottom of my Heart I can never thank you enough for this help to see what was always under my nose. It was my expectations that were keeping alive a future "enlightenment" for an "I" that was already outgrown.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm

That is a perfect end for the new beginning to take place.
Thank you.
It is a honour to be part of your journey through the non existent gate to ever present home.
I'm
Delighted for dr funk :)
My email is markedeternal@gmail.com and I'm on Facebook. Have you Goan account? There is 'unleashed' group there for meeting new friends and working through whatever comes up. I'd love to meet you there. :)

drfunk

Postby drfunk » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:05 pm

Thank you again, so much Ilona! I'll email if necessary. My wife has a facebook account for us which I never use but she can show me how to get on so I can meet you and others there. What is the name of the Unleashed Facebook account so that I can go there?
Much Love is sent
Michael Silverberg, drfunk

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:12 pm

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1 ... 65632&_rdr

Friend me and I'll invite you.
Lots of new friends are waiting to meet you.

Much love.

drfunk

Postby drfunk » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:46 pm

Thanks Ilona. will meet on Facebook. This is really fun, the seeking has stopped!!!
with Love,
drfunk

Return to “ARCHIVES”